Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 8th April 2011, 12:22   #31

Default Re: To Aurangabad I Vent-oh!

Hey Noopster,
Great snaps, the quality is too good. With you misadventure with the cops, well I can say this that traffic cops in Aurangabad a very active. On a few occassion Whenever I have crossed that road my vehicle has been checked by the RTO. In one instance when I can a co-passenger, we were chased by a cop when my brother jumped a signal (did not see the signal). It was not a dramatic chase, but a short one and was resolved immediately after paying the fine.
In my opinion they are very much aware of the number plate and action is based on that. That my view!
Thanks for the info that you have put forward. If you would have extended your drive a little further you could have the Valley view snap of Ajanta. There’s also a MTDC resort there. That’s also great location ideal season is during winters as it seems you can have a view of something close to the fall colors, I had been there in summers.

Enjoy!
StreetRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 12:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Noop - When nomadabhi asked you about the gear used, I was so prompted to write, " Im sure he used the triptronic on the Vento" .

Later realised he was talking about the camera gear. Hmm, cameras have gears nowadays. Wow! Technology i tell you!

And yeah Noop, like all have said, I love the way you write. The style is very fresh and as always, Innovative thread titles!

P.S: Sorry for going OT on your wonderful TL!

EDIT: Noop, see what your TL's do to people. I completed my 100th post on your TL and here is StreetRider with his 1st post ON YOUR TL.

Welcome to the forum StreetRider.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 8th April 2011 at 12:39.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 13:47   #33
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys. StreetRider, am honoured that you inagurated your TBHP journey on my thread!

Swanand, it was a dream of mine to be a travel writer, a la Paul Theroux or Bill Bryson. Maybe some day...!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 14:24   #34

Nooster, The please sure is mine.

Swanand, Thanks. Hope to hear a lot going forward; also eager to be a part of the T-BHP meets
StreetRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 17:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Swanand, it was a dream of mine to be a travel writer, a la Paul Theroux or Bill Bryson. Maybe some day...!
Dream ON noopster, am sure you'd succeed. Its a nice 'logue and boy-oh-boy, feels like The Taj dropped its price for the Vent-oh.

And the birds you saw, yeah, they are Emus.
Keep posting Noopster.
bikxsans660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 12:56   #36
BHPian

Well written travelogue,Noopster.Nice pictures too.I had visited this place five years ago.But then I was too small to be interested in history.Yep I was in fifth.Still no pics of your ride. Please post them
shk 8896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 23:13   #37
BHPian

What kind of travelogue is it?
To be precise there were total 45 snaps from the trip & none of them had Fräulein in it!

Come on man, this is not done. share pics of Fräulein in surroundings of Aurangabad, Nagar & Caves or at least in parking lot of Taj!
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 11:26   #38
BHPian

very nice travelogue Noopster and great pics. Probably only thing thats missing is a pic of your ride with nice background from the trip
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 10:01   #39
BHPian

Wow! Awesome report noopster! Loved reading through! I'll head out to Aurangabad after my exams.

PS: This article is shared on the TeamBHP facebook page. Congrats!

Cheers!
Cartman.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 11:44   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Well written travelogue,Noopster.Nice pictures too.I had visited this place five years ago.But then I was too small to be interested in history.Yep I was in fifth.Still no pics of your ride. Please post them
You're making me feel my age . Thanks for stopping by
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
What kind of travelogue is it?
To be precise there were total 45 snaps from the trip & none of them had Fräulein in it!

Come on man, this is not done. share pics of Fräulein in surroundings of Aurangabad, Nagar & Caves or at least in parking lot of Taj!
Unfortunately I didn't shoot any pics of my ride since at most places we were parked far away from the monuments

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
very nice travelogue Noopster and great pics. Probably only thing thats missing is a pic of your ride with nice background from the trip
Tell you what- feel bad about not taking enough pics this trip, so am planning something this weekend. Watch this space. BTW there are some lovely pics of my ride on my ownership thread and in My Garage. Do check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! Awesome report noopster! Loved reading through! I'll head out to Aurangabad after my exams.

PS: This article is shared on the TeamBHP facebook page. Congrats!

Cheers!
Cartman.
Wow really! Man that is amazing. Thanks for the good news.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 14:19   #41
BHPian

Excellent travelogue and pics. Hard to believe you got those awesome pics using just a point and shoot. Gripping writing style made sure that I finished the entire travelogue in one go. Dude, you do have a future as a travel writer. You've also inspired me to take a quick weekend trip to see ellora/ajanta in the near future.

I havent gone on any long trips in a while now and Aurangabad seems just the right distance to get the kink out of my and the car's muscles! But I guess I better wait till monsoon. I've heard Aurangabad heat in summers is killing

Last edited by shreeps : 13th April 2011 at 14:19. Reason: corrected typo
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:05   #42
Team-BHP Support

I feel bad about not taking any pics of the Vento on this trip so am linking some from my meet at Thane with @Guderian's T-Fort nicknamed the Admiral:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2317279

Enjoy!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I feel bad about not taking any pics of the Vento on this trip so am linking some from my meet at Thane with @Guderian's T-Fort nicknamed the Admiral:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2317279

Enjoy!
Trust me this place is cursed . I did this trip (Ajantha, Ellora, Aug, Nagar, Paithan) in Dec 2010 and could not click a single pic of my Punto.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote