Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th March 2007, 12:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshx View Post
awsome pics and very good description. I heard one needs to book very early to get a reservation. How safe is to go there with kids
Yeah, if its a weekend, make sure you have the bookings in advance. You can check with the JLR folks (either at MG road office or one at Forum Mall) a few (3-4) days in advance. I went to that place last time, it was Sun-Mon and i could get the huts easily the previous day. I heard Sat-Sun it was at full capacity and when i visited the next day its only three families were there.
you can visit with kids all three families we had kids,, should not be a problem.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 14:11   #32

Are there any other places in K gudi to stay other than the JLR? Maybe some small hotels in the towns/villages around K Gudi? Or does anyone know if we can camp safely around here or at nearby villages?
zcanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 14:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcanji View Post
Are there any other places in K gudi to stay other than the JLR? Maybe some small hotels in the towns/villages around K Gudi? Or does anyone know if we can camp safely around here or at nearby villages?
There is a forest guest house on top of BR Hills. I do not know how to book that. At least from outside, it looked like a decent place. However, be warned that it might not be as good as JLR. Also, apart from these two, I did not find any place to stay nearby there. There are no good hotels either. We had to drive down all the way to Chamarajanagar to have food in some hotel, that was not good too. We did not go thro' JLR and had been there on a day's journey.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 23:24   #34
BHPian

I guess JLR is the best at this location. The camp is right inside the forest and they have got decent facilities also. I'll post again if there are any home stay kind of accomodation + safari facilities..
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 11:09   #35

Thanks for the info, Deepak and Ketan. We are on a shoe string budget and wouldnt like to spend it all on acco at JLR. We usually pitch tents and camp for the nite on such trips, so luxury and comfort isnt a bother. Waht I wanted to know is whether there are any villages at K Gudi (or nearby) so that we can camp safely on its outskirts. That way, we would be quite safe, be in the wilderness and be easy on the wallet as well. Also we might get a guide from the village to take us into the forest. Any idea anyone?
Old 26th March 2007, 12:14   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcanji View Post
Also we might get a guide from the village to take us into the forest. Any idea anyone?
I don't think you can enter these forests without a guide assigned by the forest department. In fact you can't enter the forest gate without showing your JLR booking status.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 13:04   #37

Thanx Samurai, so its something like it is in Kabini. They didnt let us in 'cos we didnt have a JLR booking :(
Old 28th March 2007, 15:39   #38
BHPian

You can book through online.

Holiday Bliss
Chetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 16:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetu View Post
You can book through online.

Holiday Bliss
Doesn't mention Jungle Lodge anywhere, is it the same resort?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Doesn't mention Jungle Lodge anywhere, is it the same resort?
Yes, its the same resorts. For one day package you can try booking online with this link

hotelsinmysore.com-K.Gudi camp
Chetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 10:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Default Tiger Sighting...

Been there twice and had the luck to sight a tiger once . Just a Glimpse of the creature , but just enough to leave all souls in the open safari jeep spell bound by the grace , stealth and speed of the predator .
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote