Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 11:53   #46
BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 693
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: Looking for the ever elusive Tiger in Tirunelly forest near Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
We didn't take the drive to the other property,but did a night drive on our own till thirunelli temple. Manged to spot few gaurs and deers.

Yes the JLR safari was closed due to issues between them and forest department. That was a bummer considering there was tiger sighting during the afternoon safari.
I would suggest to try the campfire if you are planning another trip. I am sure you will love the forest, food and the jungle stories shared during the night beside a stream and you know there might be an Elephant or a Tiger lurking in the darkness around you. Below link is on my experience from the campfire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-tigress.html (Jungle Retreat Wayanad, and a Tigress!)
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 12:18   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Looking for the ever elusive Tiger in Tirunelly forest near Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I would suggest to try the campfire if you are planning another trip. I am sure you will love the forest, food and the jungle stories shared during the night beside a stream and you know there might be an Elephant or a Tiger lurking in the darkness around you. Below link is on my experience from the campfire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-tigress.html (Jungle Retreat Wayanad, and a Tigress!)
Thank you, I am going there for 3 nights in December will make sure to enjoy the campfire. We did go on a tiger trip in the forest . And this time the sightings around the farm itself was really good we had a herd of gaurs led by a big bull, a tusker, giant squirrel and saw an otter in the stream near by. In terms of the tiger there was no sign of its presence in the vicinity.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:15   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,235
Thanked: 3,413 Times
Default Re: Looking for the ever elusive Tiger in Tirunelly forest near Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Yes the JLR safari was closed due to issues between them and forest department. That was a bummer considering there was tiger sighting during the afternoon safari.
You can always opt for the Forest Department Safari. JLR is certainly not the end of the world considering the exorbitant prices they charge.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:35   #49
BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 693
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: Looking for the ever elusive Tiger in Tirunelly forest near Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You can always opt for the Forest Department Safari. JLR is certainly not the end of the world considering the exorbitant prices they charge.
Very True. Off late they have stopped having a dedicated naturalist in the jeep. USP of JLR always were their amazing naturalists, their knwoldege about the forest and its inhabitants and their passion towards work. Now driver is doubling up as a naturalist and not sure he is even trained for that job and whether he can do justice to both the jobs at the same time. I had complained about this after my last safari from Bandipur JLR, but don't think they are bothered considering their monopoly and hence the crowd they have. They are busy in adding more cottages, locations and new safaris, but it can all fall apart soon is they start compromising on the quality.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headed to Sundarbans in search of the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger MileCruncher Travelogues 76 19th April 2015 20:41
The ever-ELUSIVE "perfect car" for 10 - 14 lakh rupees! Turbocharged-KC Sedans 157 16th July 2014 23:21
Season 2011-2012 : Independent Tiger monitoring at Pench & Tadoba Tiger reserves abheekg Travelogues 30 3rd May 2012 08:55
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2 v&v Travelogues 49 11th April 2011 14:35
Our shortest trip into Srisailam forest, ever. fazalaliadil Travelogues 25 27th January 2010 22:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks