Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 04:42   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY56 View Post
Is it possible to have radials on a premier padmini?

If yes, what will be the right size? and what brand will be best suited?
Yes you can

we have Bridgestone S248 155\80\R14 on it
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 07:02   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 573
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yes you can

we have Bridgestone S248 155\80\R14 on it
What kind of wheel alignment schedules do you follow? And what kind of life do you get out of the birdgestone's? I usually go hunting for the cross ply tryes for the Premiers but its becoming a hassle.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 07:52   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
What kind of wheel alignment schedules do you follow? And what kind of life do you get out of the birdgestone's? I usually go hunting for the cross ply tryes for the Premiers but its becoming a hassle.
We have these tyres since year 2000 and they might have run only 10-15K kms now,as the car is used only 2-3 times a month now.
I am not sure of alignment schedules,as i havent driven the car since some time now,but it sure rides and handles well with those tyres.
You may need to check regarding availability of these also,as AFAIK bridgestone stopped making S248's in this size.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 18:24   #49
BHPian
 
MMY56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
We have these tyres since year 2000 and they might have run only 10-15K kms now,as the car is used only 2-3 times a month now.
I am not sure of alignment schedules,as i havent driven the car since some time now,but it sure rides and handles well with those tyres.
You may need to check regarding availability of these also,as AFAIK bridgestone stopped making S248's in this size.
I tried looking for 155/80 R14, but I guess these are not being manufactured anymore.
A friend has recomended 165/80 R14..what will be the impact of putting these wider once on padmini? Also, should I go with tubeless once from JK tyres model Tornedo.
MMY56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 19:18   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,607
Thanked: 700 Times
Default

Go hunt for the skinny-looking JK 165/80-R14's that are ripped off the swift right out of the showroom. You get it for 900 bucks...

Whether tubetype or tubeless depends on the rim condition.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 14:30   #51
BHPian
 
MMY56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Go hunt for the skinny-looking JK 165/80-R14's that are ripped off the swift right out of the showroom. You get it for 900 bucks...

Whether tubetype or tubeless depends on the rim condition.
I have heard that radials damage the suspenssion on the Padmin. Someone told me that the suspension was not designed to handle radials. Is that valid?
MMY56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 12:41   #52
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Radial Tyres - Pros & Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Tell us what car you have..
Tell us what your budget is...
What your driving style is..
What kind of roads you drive on...
and what you want from a tyre the most (eg. high speed stability, comfort, braking, wet performance, insane grip levels, long life, etc)

cya
R
Hi Rehaan,

Am just about get hitched onto a Mahindra Quanto' & am a bit uneasy on the body roll part & sweering @ high speeds..Need ur suggestion

Tell us what your budget is - Not fixed as yet..
What your driving style is - City:Highway:Offroads = 60:30:10
What kind of roads you drive on - City:Highway:Offroads = 60:30:10
and what you want from a tyre the most - Stability (high speed), comfort, long life, & mileage conscious

Akky
Akky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leather Steering Cover - Pros & Cons mithun Modifications & Accessories 31 12th July 2016 19:23
Maruti 800 STD & 800 DX..pros & cons ? shapath Technical Stuff 6 21st August 2015 11:32
BridgeStone Radial / J.K Radial ? nicejits Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 11 14th May 2008 12:43
Pros & Cons of low profile tyres? satish_appasani Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 16 17th September 2004 21:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks