Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th May 2011, 12:26   #1
BHPian

Default Wire Wheels for Indian Cars

I tried searching for info on wire wheels, but not much found, at some places there was a risk mentioned but what kind of risk was not made clear & did not knew where to post my queries & hence started a new topic.

Wire wheels!!!

Always seen on old classic cars & am very fond of them. Wanted to own them on my ride (Accent GVS / OHC type 1), or my tobe new car (Magnum/Vento/Verna).

I was wondering if I can use wire wheels 13" for my accent.

If yes,
1. where can I buy them?
2. What are the short falls?
3. Whats the risk, I mean against standard steel rims?
4. What could be a cost for set of 5?
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 14:47   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Wire Wheels for Indian Cars

Honestly, wire wheels will be a poor choice for the Accent / OHC / Magnum etc. They only suit classic cars or classic designs, like the Ambassador for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
where can I buy them?
I'm pretty sure Neo wheels had a wire design in their range. Have seen some grey market stuff too. You could also try contacting these guys

Quote:
What are the short falls?
None. I used wire wheels in my Classic for a long time, though many OTRs too. The quality of wheel that Mahindra had chosen for OEM fitment was super. The single downside I can think of is that they are VERY difficult to clean.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 13:50   #3
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Wire Wheels for Indian Cars

Hi MODS,

This thread was started by me for getting some wire wheels for my car & may be to get some people contribute on this topic, share views & contacts of any vendors. But apart from GTO there are no replies for long.

Can we close this thread?
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote