Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 17:00   #856
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Normally the stock tyres last 35K+ kms. If you prefer great handling and grip, you can change earlier too.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 17:33   #857
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Sethi,

Thank you, You have changed the tyre into Michelin XM1,the cost mentioned 3650/tyre. This cost including tax or exclude. Now i have check it out A B T Chennai, they are saying 4300/tyre including tax. Please advice me
arun.sidhes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 22:32   #858
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 3,076 Times
Default

Arun, I'm sorry but 4300/- is ridiculous!!

3650/- is including tax. Now that the price has gone up, you should get it for 3800/- or so.

Go to a different dealer. This one is taking you for a ride. There is always a 100-150/- difference between dealers, but 500/-? Highly unlikely.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 23:29   #859
BHPian
 
gunner fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 67
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Normally the stock tyres last 35K+ kms. If you prefer great handling and grip, you can change earlier too.
35K+ may probably be a conservative estimate. i've alsmost done 50K on the stocks and still have scope for another 4-5K and trust me its not all pleasant driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Arun, I'm sorry but 4300/- is ridiculous!!

3650/- is including tax. Now that the price has gone up, you should get it for 3800/- or so.

Go to a different dealer. This one is taking you for a ride. There is always a 100-150/- difference between dealers, but 500/-? Highly unlikely.
@ arun - 4300 is quite steep as nikhil rightly pointed out.

@nikhil - i was quoted 3850 (xm1+), 3300 (er60) and 3150(a drives) for 185/70 R14. Hope these rates are good. I'm tilting towards the a drives - purely from vfm perspective thou they appeared smaller as compared to the bridgestone and michelins.
gunner fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 23:35   #860
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.sidhes View Post
Sethi,

Thank you, You have changed the tyre into Michelin XM1,the cost mentioned 3650/tyre. This cost including tax or exclude. Now i have check it out A B T Chennai, they are saying 4300/tyre including tax. Please advice me
As Nikhil said, 4300/tyre is way too high! The prices should not have increased by more than 200/tyre! Forget that dealer and find someone else. Or you can come to Bangalore for tyre change, this way you'll have a cool long drive and can test your new tyres straight out on the highway!
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 23:38   #861
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 3,076 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
35K+ may probably be a conservative estimate. i've alsmost done 50K on the stocks and still have scope for another 4-5K and trust me its not all pleasant driving



@ arun - 4300 is quite steep as nikhil rightly pointed out.

@nikhil - i was quoted 3850 (xm1+), 3300 (er60) and 3150(a drives) for 185/70 R14. Hope these rates are good. I'm tilting towards the a drives - purely from vfm perspective thou they appeared smaller as compared to the bridgestone and michelins.
Sounds about right. The Yoko is your best bet. For a 700/- difference, there is nothing extra special in a Michelin.


Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
As Nikhil said, 4300/tyre is way too high! The prices should not have increased by more than 200/tyre! Forget that dealer and find someone else. Or you can come to Bangalore for tyre change, this way you'll have a cool long drive and can test your new tyres straight out on the highway!
Man! That sounds outrageous! And like a true enthusiast speaking!!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 23:45   #862
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Man! That sounds outrageous! And like a true enthusiast speaking!!
Haha, thanks Nikhil! Believe it or not, once I had even planned to drive all the way to Kochi to get some accessory for my car, but my wife never allowed me to do that!
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 23:47   #863
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,189
Thanked: 275 Times
Default

Hi all,

What is the Offset of the original rims for the Swift? I believe that while upsizing the rims; apart from the right size and width of rim and ofcourse the right tire applicable, it is very important to get the offset of the rim right or else this can cause major suspension problems later. I dont see that mentioned to those who are looking to upsize their wheels. My personal opinion is to stick to the original offset and not increase or decrease that value.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 16:44   #864
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi all,

Thanks for your valueable information.. Now i need to check with different dealer.What about yoko? Nikhil said that no special from michelin. my driving in 70% highway and 30% city.
arun.sidhes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 00:06   #865
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Michelin Rocks!

Guys, I've been riding my Swift on XM1+ for more than a month now, and boy what a difference! The car is much smooth on the road now, and takes potholes quite easily. I stay in HSR Layout, and anybody who passes by Agara will know the plight of the roads here. Earlier my car used to bounce on the road even on very low speeds, but now I take on the same road quite comfortably and at greater speed. Plus tyre noise is much much low (but still exists on high speeds) compared to my stock tyres. And regarding grip levels, never felt any skidding or lost grip, but I don't drive insane or corner pretty often, and even never felt any problem with my stock tyres in this department! I'm really enjoying my ride more now!
And I'm happy I got my tyres before the price hike!

Last edited by asethi : 16th December 2009 at 00:12.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 00:13   #866
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 3,076 Times
Default

Ankush, I feel what you are hearing is not tyre noise, but wind noise!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:07   #867
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Ankush, I feel what you are hearing is not tyre noise, but wind noise!
Quite possible Nikhil!
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:57   #868
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,322
Thanked: 427 Times
Default

Quote:
Sounds about right. The Yoko is your best bet. For a 700/- difference, there is nothing extra special in a Michelin.
Quote:
Guys, I've been riding my Swift on XM1+ for more than a month now, and boy what a difference! The car is much smooth on the road now, and takes potholes quite easily. I stay in HSR Layout, and anybody who passes by Agara will know the plight of the roads here. Earlier my car used to bounce on the road even on very low speeds, but now I take on the same road quite comfortably and at greater speed. Plus tyre noise is much much low (but still exists on high speeds) compared to my stock tyres. And regarding grip levels, never felt any skidding or lost grip, but I don't drive insane or corner pretty often, and even never felt any problem with my stock tyres in this department! I'm really enjoying my ride more now!
this is what the 700/- difference makes
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 20:02   #869
vsh
BHPian
 
vsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sirsi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

hi
i want to upgrade my stock tyres which have clocked around 35000km now. mine is a small town, and nearest place is HUBLI to enquire about tyres. i found only one guy who is dealing in michelin,apollo, and bridgestone. but he dont have 185/70 in any of the brand. he only have 185/65 in all brands. is it a good size?

quoted price for michelin- rs 4100.
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 21:22   #870
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,653
Thanked: 3,076 Times
Default

No. Wrong. Please dont go for the wrong size. You can get tyres shipped from any metro. And the way this dealer is quoting prices, I have a feeling that even after shipping cost, you will still save a bunch of cash.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread loving_alaap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 265 2nd July 2017 08:16
Maruti Suzuki Alto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread abhibh Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 360 17th June 2017 17:16
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread funda2max Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 384 3rd June 2017 20:36
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread iWonder Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 74 20th January 2017 11:37
Maruti Suzuki A-Star : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread JKBKS Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 57 20th December 2016 13:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks