Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 23:58   #1456
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Guys, need some quick help. I am getting delivery of my Swift ZDi in 2 days. I am in 2 minds whether to upgrade the tyres or run with the stock 185/65 R15..
hey did you upgrade the tyres or decided to continue with the stock? i am getting delivery of my car in a couple of days. need to decide on upgrading or continuing with the stock.

If upgraded, to which one and how much did it cost you
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 00:25   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 6,128 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
i am getting delivery of my car in a couple of days. need to decide on upgrading or continuing with the stock.
If its a Z variant, go ahead with the Michelin XM2. It is now available in the stock size, 185/65 R15. So far, the reviews have been positive.

You get the max buy back for your stock tyres when its new.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 09:12   #1458
BHPian
 
jingaboysr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore, Cochin
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
hey did you upgrade the tyres or decided to continue with the stock? i am getting delivery of my car in a couple of days. need to decide on upgrading or continuing with the stock.

If upgraded, to which one and how much did it cost you
Congrats on your car. I did not upgrade, due to lack of Vitamin M I went to the Michellin tyre centre, they quoted around 5700 for 195/60 and the buyback of Rs2500 for the stock tyres. Decided to defer the upgrade to the next tyre change.

The stock tyres are pretty decent in grip, even on highways. I haven't driven in rains to comment on wet grip. The only thing that annoys me is the road niose.
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 22:53   #1459
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
If its a Z variant, go ahead with the Michelin XM2. It is now available in the stock size, 185/65 R15. So far, the reviews have been positive.

You get the max buy back for your stock tyres when its new.
Thanks! but since i am changing the tyres, wont it make more sense to upgrade to 195/60 15?

what difference would i see between the two sizes of the same brand
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:49   #1460
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 6,128 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Thanks! but since i am changing the tyres, wont it make more sense to upgrade to 195/60 15?

what difference would i see between the two sizes of the same brand
No single model come in both sizes. AFAIK, only 2 options in 185/65 R15. The MRF ZVTV & Michelin XM2. Pirelli also have them but I don't know about its availability in India.

But, you get multiple options in 195/60 R15. The Yoko A, C, S drive, Michelin P LC, MRF Z.L.O etc.

I would stick to a good tyre in the stock size. And so far the XM2 is the only option.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 23:48   #1461
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Thanks guys for all your advice. I finally decided to upsize and went went with 195/60 r15 yoko a-drives and i am happy with my choice.

drove over the reflectors embedded on the road on sea link. The car made very little noise when driven over those compared to the mrfs i have on my other car.

All 5 wheels with exchange set me back by 7k and i also got the swiss knife free. Yoko is running that promotion currently.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 09:34   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 6,128 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Thanks guys for all your advice. I finally decided to upsize and went went with 195/60 r15 yoko a-drives and i am happy with my choice.

All 5 wheels with exchange set me back by 7k and i also got the swiss knife free. Yoko is running that promotion currently.
What tyres came with the car? The ZVTV or Duraplus? 7K for 5 tyres is a good deal indeed.

Post some pictures please.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 09:42   #1463
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn

What tyres came with the car? The ZVTV or Duraplus? 7K for 5 tyres is a good deal indeed.

Post some pictures please.
I had zvtv. Will post pictures today. Zlo were available for 5.5k but the dealer said the side walls are extremely soft and may not be lasting. He also talked about only Michelin and yoko using silica compounds.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 12:11   #1464
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 468 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I had zvtv. Will post pictures today. Zlo were available for 5.5k but the dealer said the side walls are extremely soft and may not be lasting. He also talked about only Michelin and yoko using silica compounds.
Are you sure ZlO were for 5.5k .If thats true then the prices have shot up like nuts .
When i got them in November last year, i got those for Rs 4650.
So its almost 1k increase .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 15:21   #1465
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury
Are you sure ZlO were for 5.5k .If thats true then the prices have shot up like nuts .
When i got them in November last year, i got those for Rs 4650.
So its almost 1k increase .

Cheers
Are you talking of 4650 per tire? I was saying 5500 as exchange price for 5 oem tires
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 15:31   #1466
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 468 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Are you talking of 4650 per tire? I was saying 5500 as exchange price for 5 oem tires
Yes i thought 5.5k per tire .
I was also thinking how come the prices went up so much .

Cheers.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 17:07   #1467
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Yes i thought 5.5k per tire .
I was also thinking how come the prices went up so much .

Cheers.
thought so. i remember him quoting 195/60 r15 for zlo at 4450 per tire. so prices are almost the same as it was when you bought
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 09:41   #1468
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,605
Thanked: 2,705 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Ok Guys, time for my car to change the shoes. I use Yoko S Drives 205/50/R15. I would like to use the same configuration but prefer not to go all the low, something like 205/55/R15 this time. I have clocked 35k and will go another 5k-7k. Three tires are pretty decent but one is worn out. So will be changing after 5k.

Which brand is the best in this configuration? The best place in Cochin? DBS quoted around 5k for S Drives.

Kindly let me know.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 14:18   #1469
BHPian
 
Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dubai / Madraspattinam
Posts: 155
Thanked: 40 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

But naveen.raju, isn't road noise intruding into the cabin when you have used 205 50 15R? I have been using 205 55 15R Falken Tyres for the last 3 years and I find the road noise more than bearable. I have thought of downsizing my tyres to either 185 65 15R or 195 65 15R? What say mate? I plan to get the tyres here in Dubai. They cost a lot cheaper. But downfall is, I'll have to bring the tyres one by one to India, for fear of the custom guys taxing me in excess. I had already done like that for one tyre of Falken which I managed to get for AED250 (INR3100) as against the retail price I had bought the original set for INR4800 a piece.

Cherio
Champion
Champion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 08:49   #1470
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,605
Thanked: 2,705 Times
Default re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
But naveen.raju, isn't road noise intruding into the cabin when you have used 205 50 15R? I have been using 205 55 15R Falken Tyres for the last 3 years and I find the road noise more than bearable. I have thought of downsizing my tyres to either 185 65 15R or 195 65 15R? What say mate? I plan to get the tyres here in Dubai. They cost a lot cheaper. But downfall is, I'll have to bring the tyres one by one to India, for fear of the custom guys taxing me in excess. I had already done like that for one tyre of Falken which I managed to get for AED250 (INR3100) as against the retail price I had bought the original set for INR4800 a piece.

Cherio
Champion
Thanks Champ. True with the road noise, but aint all that bad. The only problem that I face is when I drive through potholes. It really hits my spine. Doesnt cushion the blow well. I shall have a look at falken.
Thanks Mate
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread funda2max Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 379 17th April 2017 12:57
Maruti Suzuki Alto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread abhibh Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 351 27th February 2017 13:38
Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread loving_alaap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 262 16th February 2017 12:26
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread iWonder Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 74 20th January 2017 11:37
Maruti Suzuki A-Star : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread JKBKS Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 57 20th December 2016 13:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks