Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 5th August 2011, 16:37   #1
BHPian

Default How is the JK Tyre : ZEPHYR ? An Indian Sports Tyre?

Hi,
I would like to know whats the verdict on the JK tyre ZEPHYR. by looing at the specs it seems decent, but I have always shyed away form Indian brands but my Dad somehow likes it.

I require it for my Skoda 1.8TPI and I am looking for a performance oriented tyre. I am not able to find any one with PP2, GIII, or even CPC2 for my application of 205/60 R15. I drive Daily about 60 Odd Kms in Pune and atleast twice a month on the Expressway.

ZEPHYR specs are as follows:
ZEPHYR (T/L)
Vehicle Type Cars
Load Index 91
Speed Rating V
Features

* Extra supple sidewalls
* Curved grooves coupled with angular sides
* V Rated tyre
* Directional tread design
* Optimised Tread distribution

Benefits

* Comfortable ride and reduced vibration during high speed maneuvering
* Most efficient water drainage from centre of contact patch
* Speed limit upto 240 KMPH
* Excellent handling and traction during high speed maneuvering
* Uniform tread wear

Can you guys please help me out. I intend to get them changed over the weekend. So should I go for these or hunt around more for the ones I have mentioned above? Please suggest.

Any one has any experience of these?
nanu28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 12:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish I could tell you. These Tyres are not available freely in the Market. It is more like a halo product like the Apollo Aspire. I you do get it, post a review here so we can also learn!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 12:11   #3
BHPian

Default Re: How is the JK Tyre : ZEPHYR ? An Indian Sports Tyre?

Yep, I took the plunge and got 'em.
Honestly, very pleasntly surprised, the ride is way more comfortable tahts for sure, and I drove back on the E way the next day, initially either or the tyres lacked confidence but after about driving 20 mins, on the wet E-way, the car felt rock solid at 180, the wet performance is quite good I have to say.

Also, the roads I take to office everyday to Hinjiwadi has a 1kms broken patch this morning it seemed much more comfortable over it. Also I could brake without thinking about losing traction So far m very happy with the for only 4500/- each they are very nice.
nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote