Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread

Old 24th September 2009, 18:54   #361

My Goodyear GPS2 (Tubeless) on honda city had a puncture on the side wall. The tyre scrubbed the crub. Tyre mechanic says it can be patched (through thermal heating) and costs 500 rupees. Is it safe to use the patched tyre? even as a stephenie?

These are the stock tyres are 3.5 years only. Done 28000kms
Old 24th September 2009, 21:16   #362
BHPian

Hi Sandy,

I got this info from Nikhil, so saving Nikhil from answering this queston again.

Nikhil's shop's name is Madhus Enterprises. You can search for it on google maps. It is on Langford Road.

The result A is the correct one.

They also have another shop Tyre Professionals in Basavangudi. You can also locate this on google maps. The result C is the correct one. Result B is the old address which they have now almost vacated.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Venk
Old 24th September 2009, 21:38   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

As a spare tyre, it is ok. Assuming you drive for a short distance and at a relatively slow speed. It is not ideal, but should be somewhat safe.
Old 25th September 2009, 09:55   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
As a spare tyre, it is ok. Assuming you drive for a short distance and at a relatively slow speed. It is not ideal, but should be somewhat safe.
Nikhil - thankyou very much for the advise. Do I need to balance the tyre after it is repaired.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:00   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. But it wont make much of a difference as you will be using it as a spare tyre anyway.
Old 9th October 2009, 02:35   #366
BHPian

Is 2,900 an ok price to pay for 175/60/13 in Bangalore? The make is Bridgestone GIII
Old 7th November 2009, 02:29   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Yes. But it wont make much of a difference as you will be using it as a spare tyre anyway.
hi nikhil, Im new to team BHP. I own an OHC that needs tyre change. I had been to tyre professionals, basavanagudi. They quoted 3700/- for Michelin XM1+ without any freebies or discounts. Had also been to Sai Iyengar and they quoted 3700/- with Reebok accessories. But im not sure if thats a good price. can u please help me on that asap because i need to do it by tomorrow.

Regards,
Daya
Old 7th November 2009, 10:22   #368
Senior - BHPian

I found Millivission no longer offers least price in Bangalore. When I went to buy tyres after hard bargain Millivission's quote was same or 50/- extra than other shops. I don't recommand Millivission anymore!

One good thing about Millivission is they are very good to talk and offers gifts offered by tyre manufacturers whereas few other dealers might give only If customer ask.

If someone wants to buy the tyre and fit it there itself visit Madhu's, tyre professionals, super tyre tec, sai iyengar lalbhag road.

Ravi.
Old 7th November 2009, 11:03   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daya View Post
hi nikhil, Im new to team BHP. I own an OHC that needs tyre change. I had been to tyre professionals, basavanagudi. They quoted 3700/- for Michelin XM1+ without any freebies or discounts. Had also been to Sai Iyengar and they quoted 3700/- with Reebok accessories. But im not sure if thats a good price. can u please help me on that asap because i need to do it by tomorrow.

Regards,
Daya
Hi Daya,

Tyre Professionals is no longer giving Reebok freebies. Now, Michelin is giving this UCB combo. A watch, a wallet, some keyholder and some other leather thingy! The Reebok strolley bag offer is over. So, you will get a watch, leather wallet, keyholder, etc.... when you buy Michelin from Tyre Professionals.

What size were you looking at?
Old 7th November 2009, 21:21   #370
Team-BHP Support

Thumbs up Short review of Madhus near Richmond

I have been using this shop ever since i brought the iKON to Bangalore, so i guess its more than 5-6 years. IIRC i got the info from TBHP itself and i have been using their services for wheel alignment and balancing, apart from the 2 sets of tire purchases i have made from them.

What i liked about the place, apart from parking space:

Equipment: They have modern machinery including "laser" (EDIT: Its 3D) wheel alignment machine's, unlike many other small tire shops & A.S.S. Readings are accurate, so the tires can be maintained well and they lasts long. I go for 7k kms intervals if its only city driving and 5k kms if i had long hauls on highways or if suspension was touched at workshop. 2 sets of alignment machines means, relatively smaller wait. Though weekends and peak hours it will be house full.

Machines i have chanced upon@ Madhu's includes Alignment machine, Wheel Balancing, Tire changers, Pneumatic tools, Nitrogen fill and today i noticed the new electronic pressure gauge.

Technicians: They are courteous and they know their job. They always respond well to specific requests that you may have, really helpful for certain nut cases like me. These guys are pretty quick and rarely seen them waste time in between the work. I do tip them also in return.

Labor charges: I have to admit it, i guess this is one of the reason why i prefer them over A.S.S. Rates are much better and you have the satisfaction of seeing things get done in front of you. So you pay for what is actually being done instead of just paying up, since it was printed on the bill.

Showroom: Its a nice location with decent parking space, easy access (no narrow gali's) and with waiting area inside the AC office section and the recently added visitors seating at the alignment section.

Tire choice: I thought that they were exclusive MRF dealers, when i first visited them. Maybe they were? Anyways i was wrong! this is a multi brand shop with most of the reputed brands including Michellin, Yokohama, Continental of the world and indian brands like Appolo & MRF's. Most of the fast moving sizes will be in stock and they have always managed to arrange quickly, even if something was out of stock (case of Crv).

I have made 4 sets of new tire purchases from Bangalore in the last 8 years, out of which 2 sets were from Madhus (Crv and Swift) and i always felt that the deal's were ok. They keep their margin but you can leave with peace of mind, that you can atleast have decent response if you face any problems with the purchase.

Last bit is from my personal experience, when i had a tough time and almost lost my cool with another shop, when my 1 day old tire went psssssssst and the shop owner didnt even show any pity!

Overall am a very satisfied customer (Rate ****) and i have introduced many of my friends/colleagues/TBHP'ians over the year to them, not knowing that its owned by a very helpful & friendly TBHP'ian

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th November 2009 at 23:23.
Old 7th November 2009, 22:05   #371
Senior - BHPian

I second Jaggu's review of Madhus!

I got their reference from Palio users group, and since my first visit there 3 years back, I regularly visit them for WB/WR/WA.
I am very happy with their service!

Also, if you inform the owner Bhpian of your visit, you can avail a special T-BHP discount!
Old 7th November 2009, 22:30   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys . You made my day.

Jaggu, just a small correction. The Wheel alignment machines are not laser. They are 3D wheel aligners. The red flashing lights you see are basically LEDs. They surround a camera which is recording the position of the target which is mounted on your wheel.

And yes, we were MRF exclusive earlier. But we always had supply to the other brands through our other shops. Now, even the Langford one has become an official multi brand!
Old 7th November 2009, 23:19   #373
Team-BHP Support

Ahh i was not getting the right word ie 3D, that's why i left it in " " for you to catch and correct me.

And we never had our date for you to explain me in detail the working, ok!
Old 7th November 2009, 23:49   #374
Senior - BHPian

madhus tyre shop
the experience was very pleasant . The job was very quick and of course the special discount offered
not to mention the Effort by nikil for getting me 50% rebate on a damaged yoko.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:30   #375
BHPian

Default Question

Hi Nikhil,

I had an interesting question about tyres and would like to seek your advise on the same.

I own an Accent CRDi that has done around 40k km in around 4 years. Of late I have been observing that the air pressure drops by 3 psi in just a fortnight which was never the case earlier. I use my personal electronic tire pressure gauge to confirm.

I have a lot of tread left of my tyres. I don't want to replace them

Do you think that the tubes could have become weak ? What could be the reason for the same

Regards

Sateesh
Closed Thread