Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 22nd August 2013, 21:23   #16
BHPian

Post Re: Etios VD Tyre Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
mroptimist,
It was so much easier to change tyres before joining TBHP!
Went to Reliance Autozone and Darshan Tyres near Karishma society in Pune. Reliance guys quoted Rs. 5375 for Yokohama C Drive 190/60 R15. Total comes to Rs. 21500 for four tyres, less 500 for my old tyres, so final pinch is Rs 21,000, they will do the balancing but not the alignment.
Darshan Tyres guy gave me a quote of Rs. 21,300 for the Yokos, with alignment and balancing. Sealed the deal at Darshan Tyres and was waiting for the tyres to arrive from the godown. The guy at Darshan called up someone to reconfirm if the upsize would fit and pat came the reply,"Dont fit 190/60 as the tyre would touch the wheel well while turning". Deal on hold, and back here to reconfirm the fit. Can you check if the tyres are not touching the wheel well in any position?
Also, AR20's not in stock as of now.
Have finished 3000kms of driving on 195/60 R15 88V sized AR10 and nothing touches anything else during turning or whatsoever. What your tyre guy told is pure rubbish.
By the way which is your Etios model? V or G?
Did it come with R15 tyres as stock (185/60 R15)?
The upsize which you have mentioned (190/60 R15) may be incorrect.
195/60 R15 is the right upsize and has (Altis size) more options. (Both upsizes theoretically have only 1.99% circumference difference though).
AR20 will be arriving sometime this month according to Nikhilb2008. It's worth the wait.
mroptimist is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:43   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Etios VD Tyre Upgrade

Quote:
It was so much easier to change tyres before joining TBHP!
So true!

Quote:
The guy at Darshan called up someone to reconfirm if the upsize would fit and pat came the reply,"Dont fit 190/60 as the tyre would touch the wheel well while turning". Deal on hold, and back here to reconfirm the fit. Can you check if the tyres are not touching the wheel well in any position?
You can always go by this tyre upsize calculator given here: http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

You can not only check whether your tyre will fit in properly but also whether you'll go substantially wrong with your odometer reading.
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Have finished 3000kms of driving on 195/60 R15 88V sized AR10 and nothing touches anything else during turning or whatsoever. What your tyre guy told is pure rubbish.
By the way which is your Etios model? V or G?
Did it come with R15 tyres as stock (185/60 R15)?
The upsize which you have mentioned (190/60 R15) may be incorrect.
195/60 R15 is the right upsize and has (Altis size) more options. (Both upsizes theoretically have only 1.99% circumference difference though).
AR20 will be arriving sometime this month according to Nikhilb2008. It's worth the wait.
My bad mroptimist, its the 195/60 R15 that I was talking about and it's the Etios VD so yes stock 185/60 R15. Will be getting the Yoko's first thing tomorrow morning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
So true!

You can always go by this tyre upsize calculator given here: http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

You can not only check whether your tyre will fit in properly but also whether you'll go substantially wrong with your odometer reading.
Yep, have checked it there...195/60 R15 is +1.99%, and as "mroptimist" has already confirmed the fit, will go for it.

Thanks guys for all the inputs.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:46   #19
BHPian

Almost forgot to mention that I'll be going for the V550 AVS Decibel. Hope its available at Reliance Autozone. Would have loved to wait for the AR20's but might have to travel long distances in 2-3 days....and with the bump on the side wall, just feels dangerous. So unless anyone posts disturbing news about the V550, thats what I'm getting.
raghuvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:35   #20
BHPian

Default re: Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Had been to reliance autozone as darshan tyres guys didnt bother to call me back. Had decided on the Yokohama AVS decibel V550, so asked for it and guess what, they dont have it! The sales guy even went ahead and said there's no tyre like that and V550 is not a code, its hh550!!
TBHP should start courses for Sales Rep's! This guy tried to sell me the ES100 when I'm asking for AVS Decibel. He also showed me the AVS written on the sidewall and said..."See See this is also AVS" Now the conversation was going from intriguing to being funny. That's when the manager dived in....with lesser knowledge than the sales rep...they also got the tyre bible and showed me the hh550 which in fact didnt come in 195/60 R15 size. So I kept looking and on the back page, we find the hv550..that's what i'm looking for . I find it very amusing, that i had to tell the manager to call up yoko guys and ask them if it can be delivered to them. So he calls up somebody and wallah, they can have it delivered by tomorrow evening. So, no yoko's today...waiting for tomorrow!
Old 25th August 2013, 19:43   #21
BHPian

Got the tyres replaced today. Have checked the DOT code and the tyres are May 2013 manufactured, also it has Made in Japan imprinted on the sidewall (so, its genuine for sure). Had told the manager that these are Unidirectional tyres and hence have to be fitted accordingly. However, the guy fitting the tyres had no clue about this and fitted the LHS tyres exacty the wrong way! Before I could check the fitment, Mr. Manager checks it and instructs to remove them and fit them the right way. Finally i'm all set with the new tyres and beleive me when I say its a huge difference from the stock ER300 Turanzas! Drove for about 25 kms since morning and i'm very glad I spent my time researching on TBHP for good replacements for my stock tyres. Thanks to all those who have contributed on this thread and other tyre threads.
mroptimist and Nikhilb2008: The manager at the store said that although AR20's have been launched by Bridgestone, it will take 5-6 months for them to be available in the market. His Bridgestone guy from pune has them on his car for testing currently, but they are not available in the market as of now.
The economic implifications:
Price @ store: 5630.00 less 150 for old tyres, effective price per tyre - Rs. 5480.00.

Cheers!
raghuvir is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 00:43   #22
BHPian

Smile re: Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Glad to hear of your research and the final outcome.

With my Etios VD now completing 36Ks and with 2 back-to-back side wall hits recently, i know its time for the change.

Will be happy to hear your views on your change, for me to execute the same iff required urgently.

I have a bombay - tirupati trip lined up in early seotember and the new tyres are a must.

My prime question would be the change in behaviour with the 195/60 instead of the conventional 185/60. Am assuming you have retained the stock alloys as well.

Looking forward.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 13:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Glad to hear of your research and the final outcome.

With my Etios VD now completing 36Ks and with 2 back-to-back side wall hits recently, i know its time for the change.

Will be happy to hear your views on your change, for me to execute the same iff required urgently.

I have a bombay - tirupati trip lined up in early seotember and the new tyres are a must.

My prime question would be the change in behaviour with the 195/60 instead of the conventional 185/60. Am assuming you have retained the stock alloys as well.

Looking forward.
Yes, have maintained the stock alloys. The ride is absolutely smooth now and the steering feels a bit heavy, but it's not an issue. The car feels more stable and less inputs are required while driving.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 21:40   #24
BHPian

The guys at reliance autozone suggested that I keep the pressure at 33 PSI if I'm driving with 1 or 2 people in the car and 35 if I have all five people in the car. Is it right? I've always driven with 34 PSI on the turanzas, as lots of threads suggested that tyre pressure to keep the tyres in good condition and also to get good mileage. Experts might want to throw some light on this.
Old 28th August 2013, 23:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to get some real world feedback. Do post your reviews on the thread.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 07:14   #26
BHPian

I was planning to upgrade the Tyres and Rims of my Etios GD to the ones that are on the V version, but as mentioned here going for the V model's tyres gives a difference of 3.41 %.

I am struggling to find a profile which is an upgrade that comes under the 2% rule.

Please help !
quadbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 16:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys. A colleague needs advice on tyres choices for his Liva. Stock tyres are 175/65 R14 and he's ok with an upgrade to 185 patch but not wider. I think there are 2 options - 185/60 R14 or 185/65 R14. I think the thicker sidewall should aid in GC.

Is this size ok ? Suggesting the Yoko Earth in 185/65 R14.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 20:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey Guys. A colleague needs advice on tyres choices for his Liva. Stock tyres are 175/65 R14 and he's ok with an upgrade to 185 patch but not wider. I think there are 2 options - 185/60 R14 or 185/65 R14. I think the thicker sidewall should aid in GC.

That size should be fine, but the 185MM will not much different from his previous 175/XX tires from a width prespective. 195/55 or 195/60 should be fine as well. I am assuming this is on the steel rims as Liva Alloys are 15".
anand.shankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 13:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

185/60 is incorrect. It makes no sense to reduce the diameter of the tyre.
185/65 is no problem at all. In fact, you could go even larger.
bharatsomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 13:17   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default MRF ZVTV Tyres

Hello frnds,

I have a Liva G SP, and its almost been 4 years I am driving on these stock Goodyear tyres and they've been ok all throughout. Off-late i have noticed increase in tyre noise and would be changing the same.

We all are aware that this MRF ZVTV are stock OEM tyres for a lot of manufacturers which means they surely must be coming at a low cost but at the same time not as bad as to disregard them (Just my opinion) and I have not heard much about this in this forum being discussed separately. (I have gone through some ownership reviews and its kind of mix opinions).

Can someone highlight the pros and con's of this tyres to get a clear idea.

Also I have started going on long trips and would like a fuss free tyres in terms of reliability and should have excellent grip all weather and terrain considering the roads in India.Please give your suggestions too.

Thanks.
oilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote