Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 10:15   #3661
BHPian
 
para_7k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 60 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthu View Post
hey bhp-ians!!
i got my new dzire diesel vdi on 30 may 2011.
i had to wait for it for more than 3 months!!

got these alloys and new tyres the next day.

got the old goodyears 165/80r14 replaced by 185/65r14
with the silverline alloys 14 inch.

got them nice as they nearly match the color of the car as well.

the first pictures are of the installations, with the other choice..

thank you all :-)
Nice Alloys. But why did you choose 185/65 R 14 ?

185/70 R14 will be the correct size for the Swift/Dzire/Ritz
para_7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 10:24   #3662
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 174
Thanked: 73 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthu View Post
hey bhp-ians!!
i got my new dzire diesel vdi on 30 may 2011.
i had to wait for it for more than 3 months!!

got these alloys and new tyres the next day.

got the old goodyears 165/80r14 replaced by 185/65r14
with the silverline alloys 14 inch.

got them nice as they nearly match the color of the car as well.

the first pictures are of the installations, with the other choice..

thank you all :-)
Those are some nice wheels Natthu, understated yet classy! I really like the unusual color combination! Would you mind sharing the cost, did you go for a set of 4 or 5?
avinash_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 22:04   #3663
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Nice Alloys. But why did you choose 185/65 R 14 ?

185/70 R14 will be the correct size for the Swift/Dzire/Ritz

Hey para. yea you are correct, the right upsize should have been 185/70r14 but for the following two reasons, i could not get them, but then it was my decision.

a. the dealer was from chandigarh, who told me that in his sales of dzire tyres, he is recommending 185/65r14 more than 185/70r14 as the side wall of the tyre will be more and the looks of the car which are enhanced by an alloy wheel will be lesser, as the tyre will occupy more area of the wheel arch. where as in 185/65r14, the side wall being marginally smaller, the alloys are better seen.

b. but the bigger reason for this was that i live in jammu, and had to move here the same evening from chandigarh. initially i had asked the dealer for 185/70r14 only, but i wanted them specifically in apollo aceleres. i had got some good reviews from a few friends who live locally, and drove their cars too, they are really silent, and supposed to be longer lasting. but after checking with his shop staff and some 2-3 people on phone as well, he told me that acelere were not available in 185/70r14. so now for both reasons, i had to get 185/65r14.

c. my suggestions is, i am aware that the tyre dia is changing by about -3.5%, and more than 2% is not recommended, but the car is driving great, and after about 40k kms, the difference in the speedo will be about 1500kms. so its a personal decision, i feel this deal was also ok.



prices : i had goodyear 165/80r14 on delivery, and after driving for about 65kms before the change, i got 4 apollo acelere 185/65r14 for rs 5000. the alloys are 14in silverline, 5.5k, for rs 12000. all ex chandigarh.
natthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:04   #3664
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

new tyre and new alloys (Neo Rc Sports with bill)...
New nuts with lock and silver paint on wheel hub......
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_0673.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_0675.jpg  


Last edited by lalitk25 : 24th June 2011 at 17:05.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:09   #3665
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,150
Thanked: 710 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
new tyre and new alloys (Neo Rc Sports with bill)...
New nuts with lock and silver paint on wheel hub......
Wow, those look really BOSS!! Even better than the OEM Swift alloys, methinks. It's not so easy to find a good design and finish combo that suits a white vehicle. So your choice is all the more commendable!

Mind sharing the price?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:15   #3666
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Wow, those look really BOSS!! Even better than the OEM Swift alloys, methinks. It's not so easy to find a good design and finish combo that suits a white vehicle. So your choice is all the more commendable!

Mind sharing the price?

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks... I had seen a lot of alloys before I saw these and on first look i decided this will be the right fit... not gaudy and gels well with white color (it has white color on spokes and on inner side of the rim.)

The price of 4 Neo Rc Sports alloy with bill is 16000, I am not sure if this is good price or bad but i did not bargain much......
Got 500 for the rims and 500 for wheel caps.
lalitk25 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 16:33   #3667
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 858
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
The price of 4 Neo Rc Sports alloy with bill is 16000, I am not sure if this is good price or bad but i did not bargain much......
Got 500 for the rims and 500 for wheel caps.
Are you serious?? This particular model is called Urban and the MRP is 3849 a piece, and most of the retailers offer around 10 to 15% discount, the right price should be somewhere around 13K at max.

Here is a picture of My Ritz Lxi running on last gen Verna OEM alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_9563.cr2.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 17:05   #3668
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Are you serious?? This particular model is called Urban and the MRP is 3849 a piece, and most of the retailers offer around 10 to 15% discount, the right price should be somewhere around 13K at max.

Here is a picture of My Ritz Lxi running on last gen Verna OEM alloys.
I was getting i20 original alloys almost scratch less in 7.5K (4).
and yes I paid 16K for 4 of these....

Seems i bought them really expensive.....
can you show me where have you seen this price because I think these are not urban this is RC sports series..

Last edited by lalitk25 : 26th June 2011 at 17:12.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 17:14   #3669
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,642
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Thanks... I had seen a lot of alloys before I saw these and on first look i decided this will be the right fit... not gaudy and gels well with white color (it has white color on spokes and on inner side of the rim.)

The price of 4 Neo Rc Sports alloy with bill is 16000, I am not sure if this is good price or bad but i did not bargain much......
Got 500 for the rims and 500 for wheel caps.
Hi lalitk25,

Those are great looking alloys and the price you paid is correct. Another Tbhpian bought the same model in silver+black finish just last weekend and price was 16K due to the odd ball pcd of 108 even though the rim dia was 13".
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 17:18   #3670
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi lalitk25,

Those are great looking alloys and the price you paid is correct. Another Tbhpian bought the same model in silver+black finish just last weekend and price was 16K due to the odd ball pcd of 108 even though the rim dia was 13".
I really liked them and as I mentioned earlier I did not bargain much so now it doesn't matter even if hey are expensive but yes they look really nice and are going really good with white color.

Last edited by lalitk25 : 26th June 2011 at 17:22.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 22:11   #3671
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 858
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

@lalit: I work for a car accessory retail outlet, and we are currently retailing this model for 3849 - 15% (do the math), though the alloy bear RC sport marking but its called urban, you can check the same on Neo wheels website.

@khoj: 16k for 13" rim? Man whosoever has bought it has been taken for a ride, and 108 PCD is not odd enough to pay more than MRP. The MRP for 13" rim is 3192/piece.
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 11:06   #3672
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

@BANDHAV thanks for the info, can you please give me the link as i can not find this on this Welcome to Neo Wheels URL.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 11:20   #3673
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 858
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Hey lalit here is the link
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 17:31   #3674
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,124
Thanked: 1,135 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

OK, I am vain, I love the new wheels and tyres I fitted on my Figo yesterday. According to my better half, I just went out and bought new hubcaps

First pic is my car just before the alloys & tyres were fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-wheels_before.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-wheels_after.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-wheels_closeup.jpg  

KiloAlpha is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:10   #3675
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi lalitk25,

Those are great looking alloys and the price you paid is correct. Another Tbhpian bought the same model in silver+black finish just last weekend and price was 16K due to the odd ball pcd of 108 even though the rim dia was 13".
Khoj, if I know the TBHpian you are talking about he bought those alloys for a little over 12k for 4 rims.

16K must be his shoes.


@Kiloalpha: Your alloys are looking cool mate, so don't worry !

Last edited by anilisanil : 28th June 2011 at 18:18.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourcing / Buying OE Wheel Rims & Wheel Caps maglev Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 30 3rd August 2016 13:36
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!) merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 4311 23rd July 2016 15:29
Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts. Sankar Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 36 21st February 2013 12:34
Lets see if you can get this one! SLK Shifting gears 7 21st April 2005 13:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks