Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 00:52   #4186
BHPian
 
ghostrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 676
Thanked: 297 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

17" Lenso ES6 rims on my new Cruze, shod with 225/50 Yokohama Advan Sports.
Attached Images
   
ghostrider is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 00:56   #4187
BHPian
 
Safari_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 280
Thanked: 193 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Thanks everyone , second one was also my first choice . . Well my car colour is white , and i will be going for 15 inch alloys . I have upgraded my stock 185 65 R15 to 195 60 R15 on day one of purchase . Well first alloy is not available and second one will be available in coming next week according to dealer . These alloys are available with Car boutique mumbai who is the importer of lenso in india .

Car Boutique contact details are : 09891207605

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Both are good,and it would depend on the car's color.
Are both of them in stock?
Where are you getting them from in NCR and how much?
I like the second one-might pick it for my car if i find a source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
16 inchers on a Swift completely ruin the ride. Best size for the Swift with good ride are 15" rims with 195/60 or 205/55 tyres.

@Safari_Beast - My vote goes for the second choice but again that will depend on your car's colour. The first choice will go well with all colours, where as in my opinion the second choice will only look good on either a black or white car (maybe silver also).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
@Safaribeast - The first one gets my vote as well. By the way, why not upgrade to 16 inchers? New swift will easily take them and will fill the wheel arches nicely, IMO.
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 09:30   #4188
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Thanks everyone , second one was also my first choice . . Well my car colour is white , and i will be going for 15 inch alloys . I have upgraded my stock 185 65 R15 to 195 60 R15 on day one of purchase . Well first alloy is not available and second one will be available in coming next week according to dealer . These alloys are available with Car boutique mumbai who is the importer of lenso in india .

Car Boutique contact details are : 09891207605
Yours is a Zdi correct which comes with OEM alloys? I saw one swift with those alloys and they look nice, so why change? Also you have already upgraded the rubber to a perfect upsize of 195/60. Don't want to discourage you but just rationalizing
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 13:28   #4189
BHPian
 
Safari_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 280
Thanked: 193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

Yours is a Zdi correct which comes with OEM alloys? I saw one swift with those alloys and they look nice, so why change? Also you have already upgraded the rubber to a perfect upsize of 195/60. Don't want to discourage you but just rationalizing
You are right motomaverick, OEM alloys which came do look good. But everyone which see my car, only comment which comes is when are you changing these alloys. I can get good buy back for the OEM alloys, and thr current alloys looks good but do make the ride look hot.
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 15:11   #4190
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Your car looks smashing to say the least, recently detailed it seems. The alloys look sporty yet elegant & add character to the overall look of the car. Good choice, keep it up

Let me just also say that seeing your car makes me wanna buy a Cruze so that I can shod it with these alloys What's the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
17" Lenso ES6 rims on my new Cruze, shod with 225/50 Yokohama Advan Sports.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 15:23   #4191
BHPian
 
ghostrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 676
Thanked: 297 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Your car looks smashing to say the least, recently detailed it seems. The alloys look sporty yet elegant & add character to the overall look of the car. Good choice, keep it up

Let me just also say that seeing your car makes me wanna buy a Cruze so that I can shod it with these alloys What's the cost?
Thanks! Not recently detailed, brand new. Just got her three weeks ago.
The breakup of the alloys and the tyres is on this thread (Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review).

If you do buy the Cruze I can email you literally a hundred pics of alloys that will fit and could tell you where to get them and what they cost.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 23:26   #4192
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Trivandrum/ Kochi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Call it a hasty decision, thanks to a Team-bhpian (and effort from my bro), my car runs on a set of white rims... Not sure if it is a bit of a misfit or rather shouting color combination but the upgrade to 13'' and the wider acelere certainly makes the car feel more planted.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-alto.jpg
fotomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 16:55   #4193
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 858
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Normal is boring!

Your ride is looking really cool though I feel that your car can do with a bit of detailing. The Axis is one of the best looking design from Neo.

What kind of money you have paid for these?
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 23:31   #4194
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Trivandrum/ Kochi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

@ Bandhav : Glad that color combo looked good to you... Initially I was not sure but then after a few days, it just started settling in , I loved the sportiness but didnt want it to look like a wannabe either.... Indeed Neo Axis range looks good. Including the tyres, my wallet was lighter by a shade less than 20k..

A couple of more photos of the new set of wheels..

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-2.jpg
fotomaverick is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 17:45   #4195
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,432
Thanked: 85 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

@fotomaverick : Blue and White combination looks super cool. Please do consider blackening the B pillar.
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 09:00   #4196
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomaverick View Post
@ Bandhav : Glad that color combo looked good to you... Initially I was not sure but then after a few days, it just started settling in , I loved the sportiness but didnt want it to look like a wannabe either.... Indeed Neo Axis range looks good. Including the tyres, my wallet was lighter by a shade less than 20k..

A couple of more photos of the new set of wheels..
One more suggestion apart from the blackening of the B pillar, consider painting one of the spokes "Blue" like someone on this forum did in his red Punto, making one of the spokes "red", it will look even more fab.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 16:37   #4197
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 467 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
One more suggestion apart from the blackening of the B pillar, consider painting one of the spokes "Blue" like someone on this forum did in his red Punto, making one of the spokes "red", it will look even more fab.
I think you are referring to SumitBahl's Punto Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
.



http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2459543 (My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.)

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 23:07   #4198
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Trivandrum/ Kochi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

@badboyscad: Thanks for the idea. Not thought of yet though certainly looks a new item on my todo.

@motomaverick : Interesting idea and while I was thinking where to find out the particular Punto, here comes Schoudhury with the answer. Thanks pal.

Any idea on what "paint" to use to get the awesome finish? I guess I will need to find a good paint shop to get it done.... In any case, an interesting idea!
fotomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 01:04   #4199
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

I have q query regarding alloys. Any one had alloy damage problem till now? Generally how long does alloy last. I believe alloys are always available as set of 4 or 5. Hence damage to one alloy means replace all :( So i am just thinking of if its wise to get set of 5 so that one extra alloy is handy in-case one of 4 is damaged.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 01:26   #4200
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

With Neo & even Aura (till the time they were available), buying a single piece was never a problem since the manufacturing is in India & a model would usually stay in production for a reasonable amount of time unless it's a complete dud.

On the other hand, with international players like Plati, HRS etc, it's always a gamble since the lot which is available today may not be available tomorrow.

Lastly, buy an alloy from a reputed company & not any Chinese/Taiwanese product so that you are covered against any such risks that you have highlighted.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I have q query regarding alloys. Any one had alloy damage problem till now? Generally how long does alloy last. I believe alloys are always available as set of 4 or 5. Hence damage to one alloy means replace all :( So i am just thinking of if its wise to get set of 5 so that one extra alloy is handy in-case one of 4 is damaged.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourcing / Buying OE Wheel Rims & Wheel Caps maglev Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 30 3rd August 2016 13:36
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!) merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 4311 23rd July 2016 15:29
Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts. Sankar Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 36 21st February 2013 12:34
Lets see if you can get this one! SLK Shifting gears 7 21st April 2005 13:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks