Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 18:18   #586
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 769
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Here's my car with Lenzo alloys (15") - White.

It looks great as car is also white.

1. Amazing steering response
2. Braking has improved a lot
3. Curves are now tamed
Awesome alloys man...! really Wow!!!
Tyre size please... and Make

I want to go in for 15" once the car arrives, in Aug I hope.
How much damage did the alloys cause ? ($)

Dealer guy says if I go in for 195/60/15 km/ltr will go down by 3kms
It defies logic as 185/70/14 and 195/60/15 has the same difference -0.81
and width of 10mm will drop fuel efficiency by 3km ??

I dare not to go with the stock 165/80/14. My Zen is running on 165
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 18:28   #587
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 769
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Here's my car with Lenzo alloys (15") - White.

It looks great as car is also white.

1. Amazing steering response
2. Braking has improved a lot
3. Curves are now tamed

Awesome alloys man...! really wow!!!

What is the tyre size and make ?
And how much damage did the alloys/tyre cause ? ($/Rs)

Dealer guy says 195/60/15 will drop fuel efficiency by 3km/ltr
It defies logic as 185/70/14 and 195/60/15 has same difference compared to 165/80/14 (stock rubber on VDi/LDi)

Anyway it might be Aug when I actually get my hand on the new black puppy (Read Black Swift VDi)

I dare not to roll on the 165, my Zen rolls on 165
Its amazing why MUL guys are doing that to a Swift Diesel which has more torque.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 18:36   #588
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,239 Times
Default

can i add another pic of my innova?
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-04012008049b.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 18:37   #589
BHPian
 
hyper123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 321
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I want to go in for 15" once the car arrives, in Aug I hope.
How much damage did the alloys cause ? ($)

Dealer guy says if I go in for 195/60/15 km/ltr will go down by 3kms
It defies logic as 185/70/14 and 195/60/15 has the same difference -0.81
and width of 10mm will drop fuel efficiency by 3km ??

I dare not to go with the stock 165/80/14. My Zen is running on 165
Nah, there won't be a difference of 3kmpl!! Go on, buy 195 section tyres. Safety is more important than FE anyday.
hyper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 19:10   #590
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 769
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
Nah, there won't be a difference of 3kmpl!! Go on, buy 195 section tyres. Safety is more important than FE anyday.
But the point I'm worried about is "what if something happens"

I know a friend of mine who has a Zen which eats up tyres.
Suspension, alignment, balancing, rims all changed, still the same issue.

What if there is some unusual tyre ware and the dealer will say "I told you so"

Also going in for 15" I need to get my hands on alloys which has PCD of 42+ (which are hard to find) as I read in another forum here.

Some alloys state PCD: 4/100, 4/108, what does that mean ?
Any particular model/make I should go in for ?

Will it be a good idea to go for 195/65/14 on stock alloys that maruti supplies ? Will it be possible ?
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 19:45   #591
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,239 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
But the point I'm worried about is "what if something happens"

I know a friend of mine who has a Zen which eats up tyres.
Suspension, alignment, balancing, rims all changed, still the same issue.

What if there is some unusual tyre ware and the dealer will say "I told you so"

Also going in for 15" I need to get my hands on alloys which has PCD of 42+ (which are hard to find) as I read in another forum here.

Some alloys state PCD: 4/100, 4/108, what does that mean ?
Any particular model/make I should go in for ?

Will it be a good idea to go for 195/65/14 on stock alloys that maruti supplies ? Will it be possible ?
nothing will happen there are enough of peeople running that size. also the pcd will be 100 with 4 holes. the offset would be 42 i think.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 01:18   #592
BHPian
 
A S H V I N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 257
Thanked: Once
Default

@heavy_foot

these rims come like this. i was very particular about having a company finished all black rim and was really glad to get this one set. shall post a side view pic of the car as soon as i take one tomorrow. for references please check my garage
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 08:21   #593
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

yzfrj,

My tyre profile is 205/50 R15 , Yokohoma S-Drive
Alloys are of Lenso

No damages till now
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 11:36   #594
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Sorry I didnt explain why no damage from my perspective.

I sold my old horse and in that I got these wheels and getting some part of the ICE from it

Rest I will be spending X-tra 10K from my pocket to finish the mods

Pioneer - HU
JBL - Front Speakers
Infiniti/Hertz - Rear Speakers
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 14:47   #595
BHPian
 
SRShrikanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai / Santa Barbara
Posts: 241
Thanked: 6 Times
Talking New Shoes...New frontiers.

As per the request of my bhpian friends, here's the entire unit with the Plati's in place...


cheers:
Attached Images
   
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 15:01   #596
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Congrats and nice rims shrikant,a very well maintained indica cheers

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 15:05   #597
BHPian
 
SRShrikanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai / Santa Barbara
Posts: 241
Thanked: 6 Times
Thumbs up

Hey Ramie,

Thanx mate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Congrats and nice rims shrikant,a very well maintained indica cheers

Ramie
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 19:42   #598
BHPian
 
gt_bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default SX4 Stock wheels

I've retained the stock wheels on my car, in fact everything concerned with the car is stock!
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-moddsc_1714-large.jpg  

gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 23:27   #599
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 769
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
yzfrj,

My tyre profile is 205/50 R15 , Yokohoma S-Drive
Alloys are of Lenso

No damages till now
Thanks buddy...
Still wondering what is the right choice.

Err... (Read money Vs Style/Looks)

But got to tell MUL guys are just imagine 190Nm torque and they put skinny lil tyres... grr....
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 08:31   #600
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

yzfrj,

Total cost for Alloys+Tires = 44k

You need to check whether you are at an area with really bad roads/you only drive in the city/ you go on long trips often etc..

I found these tires with the mentioned profile to be good enough for coorg roads ... I haven't crossed 80Km/hr on these roads .

Some new models of Lenso's have come in , chk that out. They are really good.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourcing / Buying OE Wheel Rims & Wheel Caps maglev Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 30 3rd August 2016 13:36
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!) merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 4311 23rd July 2016 15:29
Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts. Sankar Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 36 21st February 2013 12:34
Lets see if you can get this one! SLK Shifting gears 7 21st April 2005 13:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks