Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2013, 12:33   #301
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
@barcode 185/65/14 Zlos are anyday better as compared to 195/60/14 ,given the Indian road conditions as the former better profile makes the car less prone to scraping while negotiating uneven surfaces or for that matter speed breakers .Even a small gain in ground clearance owing to better profile is welcome so look for 185/65/14 .
I have got the same from Gorakhpur so I dont hope it should be a problem procuring the same from metros.
regards
praveen singh
FYI zlo is not available in 185/65-14 size

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 16th June 2013 at 12:35.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 07:46   #302
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,647
Thanked: 1,085 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
@barcode 185/65/14 Zlos are anyday better as compared to 195/60/14 ,given the Indian road conditions as the former better profile makes the car less prone to scraping while negotiating uneven surfaces or for that matter speed breakers .Even a small gain in ground clearance owing to better profile is welcome so look for 185/65/14 .
I hope you're saying this out of actual experience? My car has done 33K kms on 185/65R14s, then 42K kms (and running) on 195/60R14s. It has been through all kinds of hell on the latter, and I'm yet to scrape the car on uneven surfaces or speed breakers. Truth is, its a really minor upsize which does nothing to take away the tyre's performance on bad roads
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 12:05   #303
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 780 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

It was hardly a month since I got ZLO for my Linea (195/60 R15). I was quite okay with the performance and my excitement with the ZLO was short lived. Yesterday I came across a bulge and crack at the sidewall of the front right tyre. I immediately visited Lal's where I got the tyres. I replaced the front right wheel with the spare steel wheel (I am using the spare tyre for the first time ever since I bought the car). Then, I went to Lal's and initially they did not accept that it is due to manufacturing defect. They told me that it may be because of an impact. And when they removed the tyre and assessed the damage, they kind of accepted that it is a manufacturing defect and they prepared a claim docket with MRF. I am now waiting for the assessment from the MRF team.

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-1.jpg

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-2.jpg

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-3.jpg

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-4.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 12:15   #304
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,839
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
It was hardly a month since I got ZLO for my Linea (195/60 R15). I was quite okay with the performance and my excitement with the ZLO was short lived. Yesterday I came across a bulge and crack at the sidewall of the front right tyre. I immediately visited Lal's where I got the tyres. I replaced the front right wheel with the spare steel wheel (I am using the spare tyre for the first time ever since I bought the car). Then, I went to Lal's and initially they did not accept that it is due to manufacturing defect. They told me that it may be because of an impact. And when they removed the tyre and assessed the damage, they kind of accepted that it is a manufacturing defect and they prepared a claim docket with MRF. I am now waiting for the assessment from the MRF team.
Very Bad. Did you check the mfg Date of you tyres before buying it.
I insisted Piyush to get only March13 or later dates for mine and got March 13 tyres.
While travelling in Kerela, encountered some big potholes and expected some impacts in tyres, But luckily nothing happended so far.
wish it in future too.
It's a caution. Need to examine tyres every week.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th July 2013 at 12:42. Reason: Fixing quote tag
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 12:33   #305
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 780 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Very Bad. Did you check the mfg Date of you tyres before buying it.

It's a caution. Need to examine tyres every week.
No. I did a mistake by not checking it. But I asked piyush about the manufacturing date and he told it is just few months old.

Yes please. Do inspect the tyres regularly.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 16:01   #306
Newbie
 
carcrazyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Hi

I replaced all my Logan car tyres with MRF ZLO last August. Offlate I hear humming sound coming from the tyres at low speeds, I have regularly get my air pressured checked and ensure it is 30...any pointers on why this is happening or how it can be resolved will be great help. I have alloy wheels will 195/60 R14 ZLO's on them
carcrazyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 21:10   #307
BHPian
 
neel385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kharagpur
Posts: 496
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazyguy View Post
Hi

I replaced all my Logan car tyres with MRF ZLO last August. Offlate I hear humming sound coming from the tyres at low speeds, I have regularly get my air pressured checked and ensure it is 30 but the issue still presists ...any pointers on why this is happening or how it can be resolved will be great help. I have alloy wheels will 195/60 R14 ZLO's on them
Me thinks that the humming noise is just tyre noise. Of all the things that are good about the ZLO, low decibel levels are not one of them!
neel385 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 14:18   #308
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 780 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
they kind of accepted that it is a manufacturing defect and they prepared a claim docket with MRF. I am now waiting for the assessment from the MRF team.
MRF approves my claim. Just received an SMS stating the same. Now, I have to contact the dealer to get the replacement new tyre.

Why this delay? The dealer (Lal's) has to be blamed here. They kept the tyre idle with them for more than a week before sending it to MRF.
rameshnanda is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 00:49   #309
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 872
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
It was hardly a month since I got ZLO for my Linea (195/60 R15). I was quite okay with the performance and my excitement with the ZLO was short lived. Yesterday I came across a bulge and crack at the sidewall of the front right tyre. I immediately visited Lal's where I got the tyres. I replaced the front right wheel with the spare steel wheel (I am using the spare tyre for the first time ever since I bought the car). Then, I went to Lal's and initially they did not accept that it is due to manufacturing defect. They told me that it may be because of an impact. And when they removed the tyre and assessed the damage, they kind of accepted that it is a manufacturing defect and they prepared a claim docket with MRF. I am now waiting for the assessment from the MRF team.

Attachment 1102545

Attachment 1102546

Attachment 1102547
@Ramesh you are lucky to get that replacement and I think the dealer had removed the tyre from your alloy and then gave it to the company. Just looking at the tyre no one can say it is a stone hit but if one sees your pic above it can be seen that the alloy has lost paint where the tyre is bulging, nowhere else the alloy has lost paint. This the MRF guy would have interpreted negatively and surely told you that you have in some form hit the tyre as even the alloy has lost paint right next to the bulge.

This is just my observation of the situation that could have occurred, since we all know how these tyre company guys who approve or reject claims act just to palm off any responsibility. I am not commenting or inferring in any way on the reputation of the tyre here. I am not pointing out any negative or wrong doing against the member (Ramesh) here there is no question of it either, it is just my observation of the pic and the likely perception of this by tyre company guy, had he seen it.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 09:03   #310
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 780 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
@Ramesh you are lucky to get that replacement and I think the dealer had removed the tyre from your alloy and then gave it to the company. Just looking at the tyre no one can say it is a stone hit but if one sees your pic above it can be seen that the alloy has lost paint where the tyre is bulging, nowhere else the alloy has lost paint.
The tyre dealer initially thought the same and later the dealer concluded that it is not due to any hit and that they will send the tyre to the manufacturer. And for your information, the alloy did not lose any paint and the patch you see was a kind of greasy dirt which has been cleaned now.

I visited the dealer to get the replacement tyre and opted to take Acelere itself instead of ZLO. I had to pay a difference of Rs. 355 and I did and got the Acelere. Now, I have all Acelere's in my car.

Mine may be a one off case, but it is the end of MRF and ZLO for me.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 29th July 2013 at 09:04.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 19:25   #311
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 872
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
The tyre dealer initially thought the same and later the dealer concluded that it is not due to any hit and that they will send the tyre to the manufacturer. And for your information, the alloy did not lose any paint and the patch you see was a kind of greasy dirt which has been cleaned now.

I visited the dealer to get the replacement tyre and opted to take Acelere itself instead of ZLO. I had to pay a difference of Rs. 355 and I did and got the Acelere. Now, I have all Acelere's in my car.

Mine may be a one off case, but it is the end of MRF and ZLO for me.

I have no words, what one can see in a pic and what really it is. BTW how do you compare the Acelere to ZLOs in your brief stint with these tyres.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 21:56   #312
BHPian
 
neel385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kharagpur
Posts: 496
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

I have no words, what one can see in a pic and what really it is.
Agree with zulfi on this one!! Have seen a lot of "dirt" on rims. This looks like something more "scratchy"!
neel385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 23:33   #313
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 780 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

I have no words, what one can see in a pic and what really it is. BTW how do you compare the Acelere to ZLOs in your brief stint with these tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Agree with zulfi on this one!! Have seen a lot of "dirt" on rims. This looks like something more "scratchy"!
Come on guys. Do you want me to photograph all the four wheels and post it here for you to believe? I have already lost 11k in swapping all my ZLO's to new Acelere's. If that was a stone hit, I would have very well got one new ZLO and would have used it. I wouldn't have changed all the tyres to Acelere now. I did this for the peace of my mind. After this incident, I am disturbed and worried about the quality of the other pieces on my car.

Some inferences this experience.

- ZLO is highly rated than what it actually deserves.
- ACELERE is highly underrated than what it actually deserves.
- ACELERE is much more silent than ZLO.
- Braking is brilliant with ACELERE than ZLO.
- Cornering ability is perfect with ACELERE than ZLO.
- Getting better mileage with ACELERE than ZLO. Strange but true.
- Overall, I am happy to drive with the ACELEREs again.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 29th July 2013 at 23:38.
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 18:04   #314
BHPian
 
Moonraker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Hi All,
Its been very long time since I had posted after my initial few posts, however I was going through the forum on a regular basis.

Its been 4 years and my car needed a tyre change and alloys, hence headed to Royapettah in Chennai and visited the LAL's and Majestic tyres. I was pretty impressed with the huge collection of alloys which the LAL's had there are many LAL's shop the one which I went was B.M.Lal (just opposite to Sathyam car park entrance).

I had only 3 tyres in mind
1. 185/60/R14 - Yolko C Drives (4650)
2. 186/60 R14 - Michelin XM2 (5000)
3. 195/60 R14 - MRF ZLO (4200)

after comparing the price and the display of the tyres, somehow I felt MRF ZLO's looks to be pretty impressive and heard good reviews as well, hence did not think twice and I bought 5 ZLO's and alloys.

Price Quoted for MRF ZLO's - 4200 per tyre

Alignment and Balancing is included and reduced as a discount , hence sort of free.

Have driven 50 Kms till now, and my initial impressions are

Please note that I am moving from Stock Zv2K to ZLO so I cant compare or comment with a Michelin or Yoko


1. Slight tyre noise after 60Kmph and its increasing
2. Straight line stability is good
3. haven't tested the braking and grip as it was jam packed roads
4. Glides over potholes
5. Did some quick U turns and the tires track very well, no squeal or wheel spin.
6. Zig Zag's were the same as that of Zv2K ...but yet to see how this one would perform.

Overall happy for now. Looking at the bulge issue I am bit worried as I voluntarily accepted tyres which are one year old (27 12)

I took 6 years as the self life or usage life for tyres, hopefully things should work good.

Edit:
Missed to mention about the alloy wheels, I got ONYX alloys. 14X6J, ET 30. My old ET was 38 , I was unable to decide which would be the correct ET for the new upsize and hence left the decision to the dealer.

Now fiesta looks Macho Macho with big tyres

Last edited by Moonraker : 17th August 2013 at 18:23. Reason: Missed to mention about the alloys
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 13:34   #315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 133
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Hello guys. I am with a march 2009 MJD Linea clocked 54000 kms. Need a change in tyres. The OEMs are goodyear which lasted very good to me. As per Nikhil and others I am looking to replace these Goodyear tyres wth MRF zlo. Can you guys help me explain what changes I should expect as compared to my current tyres when i switch over in terms of life, road grip (dry and wet), road noise, comfort, braking, handling or any other aspect related to tyres. Thanks guys, team bhp is a life saver
Prash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRF ZSLK eco-friendly, silica tyres StarScream Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 19 9th August 2016 12:08
MRF ZLX Tyres RSR Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 6 26th November 2015 19:32
MRF!!Tyres of the18th century humyum Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 24 8th September 2008 19:27
76mm Honda performance pistons, baleno performance cam & NOS kit for sale. mclaren1885 Shifting gears 6 16th September 2007 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks