Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 3rd August 2016, 13:34   #121

Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
If you are looking for pure performance and looks, i suggest you go ahead with 205/55/R15, either conti or Yoko. But if you expect the car to be performing as per the company standards, i suggest you should stick with the stock tire size. Its a matter of personal choice, and as i a person who is running on 205/55/R15, i can vouch for the quality of drive it brings to my daily ride especially while doing fast cornering. I never heard of any suspension wears due to this up-size as the difference of over all ratios is below 1 % which is very minuscule.

Highway patrol.
Thanks. Any idea on the Hankook Ventus V8RS 205/55R15. I am hearing lot of positive reviews about this Tyre from Rapid owners in another forum.
aruns_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 10:36   #122

Guys, went ahead and updated to 205/55R15 S drives. There is a marked difference in ride stability and it feels a lot planted. However braking does not seem to be great, probably because of the initial run-in period. Braked hard from 80Kmph and felt like the bite was off a little. The tyre looks good though on the car
aruns_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 17:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruns_22 View Post
Thanks. Any idea on the Hankook Ventus V8RS 205/55R15. I am hearing lot of positive reviews about this Tyre from Rapid owners in another forum.
I had Hankook ventus 215/45/17 on my Verna. They were obviously a lot better than the stock Bridgestone B250 but is loud at highway speeds and the sidewall is soft.
I had to baby the car on rough patches and my wife tore 2 of the sidewalls at different instances without too much effort.
I would recommend them only because it's 2k cheaper per tyre compared to Michelin's.
Cheers
vibhu_f430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 09:06   #124

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your inputs and suggestions on tyre & wheel upgrades. My 2015 Rapid TDI has done 32K km and road noise has been on the rise since 28K km. It is now almost unbearable to drive with... No amount of Iron Maiden is drowning the noise!

When visually inspected, there's a lot of tread remaining. But I've already had a puncture in the rear left tyre and don't think it's worth driving around in the stock Apollo Alnac 185/60 R15 tyres.

A friend of mine, @rgokul recently switched to Yokohama Earth 1 on his 2015 Rapid riding R14 black alloys.

I'm considering staying on stock size just to ensure the city potholes are addressed at speeds under 40kmph. As for my two annual trips to Vadodara/Indore and multiple to Bangalore & Pondicherry; I'm happy with the 185/60 R15 Apollo Alnac's. But they're too soft to be driven beyond 30K km.

Going to checkout all three; Apollo Alnac, Yokohama Earth1 and Michelin XM2 in stock size 185/60 R15 later today.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-received_10157571188030608.jpeg  

proxax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 10:57   #125
BHPian

My Rapid is currently running with after market alloys and 195/60/R15 Yoko A drives and I need to replace the tires. I am thinking of 185/65/R15 because of cost, lighter steering and FE.

Is it possible to fit the 185/65/R15 on the same Alloys, could there be any problem ?

Which tires would you suggest, Cost and the place where I should get the tires?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0166.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0185.png  

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0164.jpg  

anandkumargb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 13:28   #126

My Skoda Rapid is currently running OEM provided JK Vectra. I have earlier had JK Vectra on my Fathers SX4 (again OEM fitted), which i drove for around 20k km and never had any issues like puncture or any other incident and it is still running fine after 34k km. My Skoda currently has run around 8k km on the stock tyre on JK Vectra without any trouble.

The problem is that since I have driven on JK Vectra alone, call it luck or fate, and I am not sure how much of a difference an XM2 or Earth1 would bring. I plan to use Skoda for highway touring, once a month, along with daily office commute of around 40 kms a day. Will there be a considerable difference in driving dynamics and pleasure if i move to either an XM2 or Earth1?
gopal.nishant89 is offline   Reply With Quote