Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 23rd December 2011, 09:07   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Safari alloy wheels for Sumo Grande GX

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
One technical issue has come up with me putting the safari alloys. The Tata Motor people say that if I put alloys or other tyres apart from the one which is on the vehicle from factory. It can void my warranty. Very confusing. So I guess I ll stick on with the factory spec for some time.
i dont know about the warranty violations but despite the neo alloys my TASS has been continuing with the vehicles warranty all this while .i think its just a ploy by your dealer to force you to buy accessories from them.
besides these alloys have not given me any suspension related issues to date i suggest you stick to the original rims as of now and take the call about the alloys after the second service that way you would have a rapport with the service staff as anyways the showroom people are least interested in you once the vehicle papers are signed and the delivery is done.
sierrakamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
i dont know about the warranty violations but despite the neo alloys my TASS has been continuing with the vehicles warranty all this while .i think its just a ploy by your dealer to force you to buy accessories from them.
besides these alloys have not given me any suspension related issues to date i suggest you stick to the original rims as of now and take the call about the alloys after the second service that way you would have a rapport with the service staff as anyways the showroom people are least interested in you once the vehicle papers are signed and the delivery is done.
The dealer is ready to fit the safari alloys for me, buts its TATA motors regional engineer who insists that I stick with the original set up. I tried to explain that it will not make a difference with the offset and other technicalities and since he is the service engineer for Kerala region and happens to be a relative of mine too, I have to honor his words.
drmessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:28   #18
BHPian

i guess that ends the discussion on which alloys to go for cos you dont have a choice.
all the best and do post your vehicle pics as and when she comes home.
sierrakamat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 19:51   #19
BHPian

Hi friends,

What is your opinion of using the Safari's alloys on the ARIA Pure ? The tyres are the same size, 235/70 R 16 Bridgestone Dueler on my Pure. Checked with friends Safari VX, he too has the same stock tyres.

Sandeep
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 12:24   #20
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
What is your opinion of using the Safari's alloys on the ARIA Pure ? The tyres are the same size, 235/70 R 16 Bridgestone Dueler on my Pure. Checked with friends Safari VX, he too has the same stock tyres.
Perfectly fine.

While at it get the Storme Alloys.

Alternatively get the Aria 17" alloys with 17" tyres. (From the Pride Model) This will look even better but the cost of tyres will be more especially if you have run your tyres too much already. That said there are many buyers of slightly used R16 tyres bit not for R17 tyres, so you should get a good resale.

17" rims will make the ride a bit harder though.
ACM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 23:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

From my experience, with the Grande, its better to stick to the stock size. Both in rims and tyres. Otherwise, the front tyres touch the rear portion of the wheel well, while cornering.

After trying wider rims (two sets) and wider tyres (one set), I have now settled in for stock size Neo wheels (16x 6.5J) and stock size (237/70 R16) Hankooks.

Plus is obviously a much better ride, lighter steering and finally, no touching the wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari alloy wheels for Sumo Grande GX-sumo-grande.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 01:37   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
From my experience, with the Grande, its better to stick to the stock size. Both in rims and tyres. Otherwise, the front tyres touch the rear portion of the wheel well, while cornering.
+1. Manufacturer knows the car best and it is better to stick to OEM specifications for best results.

BTW: Nice looking alloys buddy.

Is that water thing below the engine bay of your car?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 06:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Anurag! Yes, that's water. I checked
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote