Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 10:45   #346
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 133
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: New i10 - HRS alloys and 3M CR70?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myi10 View Post
Hi All,

1. Dealer says they deal only with HRS alloys - claims this is the only brand hyundai now supports: Price : 19500 (13"). Is it worth it? Also is it true alloys improve mileage due to lighter weight.

2. I browsed 3M website and decided to put 3M CR70 on all 6 sides of the car. Price: 14500
The dealer had a booklet from 3M with a sample for all films. The booklet had all samples of 3M except for CR70. He claimed that a customer took it with him by mistake. My friend on the other hand tells me 3M has discontinued the CR70 (his friend used to work for 3M). He warns me that the dealer might put a cheaper film and claim its CR70.
I would suggest get the alloys from outside. My dealer quoted 20k for 5 pc 13" rims. I got 4 pc Plati 14" rims for 16k from outside. The improvement in FE maybe marginal but with tire upsize driveability improves a lot. i10 stock tires are really skinny.

Why not look at other brands for sunfilm? I fixed Garware on all 4 sides plus rear for 1300/- only. The front glass film is 3500/-.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 15:31   #347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 133
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Pictures of my i10 Asta with 14" Plati alloy and Yoko ES100 185/60R14 footwear.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_1809.jpg  

Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_1862.jpg  

Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_1811.jpg  

Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_1813.jpg  

Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_18601.jpg  

sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 03:33   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,592
Thanked: 713 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Pictures of my i10 Asta with 14" Plati alloy and Yoko ES100 185/60R14 footwear.
Hey those are my tires and wheels!
Noticed minutely and found that the wheels are a bit different - 90% same though!
BTW where did you get them from?
Also - when did you get the kappa2 version? You had a red kappa sportz AT right? Am I missing something?

Last edited by blackasta : 19th May 2011 at 03:37.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 22:19   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 133
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Same place from where you got yours Sid - Minku Agarwal! It seems it has become his trademark. Everywhere I go, people see the alloy/tire combo and readily identify that it's from his shop.

I wanted a 6-spoke rim but they had 10-spoke PY829 available in the shop. I wanted to see more and ordered 6-spoke PY628 from the catalog. Finally after seeing both rims on the car decided to go for 10-spoke. Also, I was looking for Yoko A drive or Michelin XM1+ for a comfortable ride but they had Yoko ES100 and Pirelli available.

http://platiindia.com/serverImages/829.jpg
http://platiindia.com/serverImages/628.jpg

I can no longer see the rim that you bought. The closest one in Plati catalog is PY128 which is similar but the lug nut arrangements are different.

http://platiindia.com/serverImages/128.jpg


I sold my i10 AT in early 2010 when I left for USA. Got the k2 Asta recently - it has been only a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hey those are my tires and wheels!
Noticed minutely and found that the wheels are a bit different - 90% same though!
BTW where did you get them from?
Also - when did you get the kappa2 version? You had a red kappa sportz AT right? Am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-23042011185.jpg  


Last edited by sbiswas : 19th May 2011 at 22:21.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 01:47   #350
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,592
Thanked: 713 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Same place from where you got yours Sid - Minku Agarwal! It seems it has become his trademark. Everywhere I go, people see the alloy/tire combo and readily identify that it's from his shop.
I guess he is the prime dealer of plati rims in Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
I wanted a 6-spoke rim but they had 10-spoke PY829 available in the shop. I wanted to see more and ordered 6-spoke PY628 from the catalog. Finally after seeing both rims on the car decided to go for 10-spoke. Also, I was looking for Yoko A drive or Michelin XM1+ for a comfortable ride but they had Yoko ES100 and Pirelli available.

http://platiindia.com/serverImages/829.jpg
http://platiindia.com/serverImages/628.jpg

I can no longer see the rim that you bought. The closest one in Plati catalog is PY128 which is similar but the lug nut arrangements are different.

http://platiindia.com/serverImages/128.jpg
Ya the one having my design is for 114 PCD i guess. Also - the rim you did not choose looked a bit too 'bling'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
I sold my i10 AT in early 2010 when I left for USA. Got the k2 Asta recently - it has been only a few weeks.
Good that you have confidence on Hyundai - especially on i10 that you bought 2 - back to back!
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:15   #351
BHPian
 
vijayk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ChEnNaI
Posts: 152
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

I have done 25K in my i10 kappa sportz with stock tyres.

I prefer to upgrade it to 14 alloy with suitable tyre option.

My priorities:
* Need low noise (The stock setup is currently irritating by intruding noise inside cabin when driving above 90 KMPH. I need to rid off it)
* No impact in FE (but ~ (-1) from current FE will be OK)
* Ride quality should be same or better
* The stability and road grip should be good

From the above posts, I found the suitable upgrade as 185/60 R14 or 175/60 R14. But which one is good for the list of above my needs?

Please guide me which tyre size and brand are suitable to my above listed priorities.


If I sell out my stock 4 tyres (bridgestone) which crossed 25K run, how much I could get approximately?

Thanks in advance.
vijayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 06:45   #352
BHPian
 
para_7k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I have done 25K in my i10 kappa sportz with stock tyres.

I prefer to upgrade it to 14 alloy with suitable tyre option.

My priorities:
* Need low noise (The stock setup is currently irritating by intruding noise inside cabin when driving above 90 KMPH. I need to rid off it)
* No impact in FE (but ~ (-1) from current FE will be OK)
* Ride quality should be same or better
* The stability and road grip should be good

From the above posts, I found the suitable upgrade as 185/60 R14 or 175/60 R14. But which one is good for the list of above my needs?

Please guide me which tyre size and brand are suitable to my above listed priorities.


If I sell out my stock 4 tyres (bridgestone) which crossed 25K run, how much I could get approximately?

Thanks in advance.
Going up 1" means you will reduce the tyre sidewall height and bring down the ride quality.

Since you do not want to compromise on it, stick to 13" and change to 175/70 R13.

This is the best ride and handling combo for the i10.

If you still want 14", go for 185/60 R14. 175/60 R14 will result in a more harsher ride and 175/65 R14 will touch the inner sides of the wheel arch on tall speed breakers.
para_7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:43   #353
BHPian
 
vijayk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ChEnNaI
Posts: 152
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Going up 1" means you will reduce the tyre sidewall height and bring down the ride quality.
Thank you para_7k.

Does it mean that going low profile tyre will affect the ride always or you mean only with i10 here?

Quote:
Since you do not want to compromise on it, stick to 13" and change to 175/70 R13.
This is the best ride and handling combo for the i10.
Yes I do stick with 13" if I get good level of ride quality and handling comparing 14".

Quote:
If you still want 14", go for 185/60 R14. 175/60 R14 will result in a more harsher ride and 175/65 R14 will touch the inner sides of the wheel arch on tall speed breakers.
Now comparing 175/70 R13 and 185/60 R14, which is more suitable to my needs I listed in the last post.

Can you also please suggest the tyre brand? Thanks in advance.
vijayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:03   #354
BHPian
 
para_7k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Thank you para_7k.

Does it mean that going low profile tyre will affect the ride always or you mean only with i10 here?



Yes I do stick with 13" if I get good level of ride quality and handling comparing 14".



Now comparing 175/70 R13 and 185/60 R14, which is more suitable to my needs I listed in the last post.

Can you also please suggest the tyre brand? Thanks in advance.
It applies to any car in general. I suggest you read this thread for more gyaan

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html (ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car)

I still recommend you 175/70 R13 and my Personal Recommendations will be Michelin XM1+ or Bridgestone Turanzas or the Apollo Acelere.
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:51   #355
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,592
Thanked: 713 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post

Now comparing 175/70 R13 and 185/60 R14, which is more suitable to my needs I listed in the last post.

.
Comfort - 175/70R13

looks + handling - 185/60R14
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 19:16   #356
BHPian
 
vijayk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ChEnNaI
Posts: 152
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Thanks para_7k. I think both of us purchased the i10 at same time (Dec'08).

Thanks Sid. I will stick to 175/70R13 as I need more comfort and ride.

The choice for me is 175/70 R13, Michelin XM1+
vijayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:20   #357
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 653
Thanked: 387 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Can I put in 175/70 R13s on stock rims?
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 16:39   #358
BHPian
 
Arkin evoisrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KA03; AP02
Posts: 680
Thanked: 107 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Guys, I urgently need a tire upgrade for my 1 year old i10 that will offer -
1 - Better ride quality.
2 - Better grip and braking.
3 - Safety / handling / performance on highways @ triple digit speeds.
4 - Ability to take on the worst roads (Bangalore / towns)
compared to my present rubber - stock size OEM Bridgestones that've run < 15k km and have PLENTY of tread left.
So which size would be practical for me, looking at my needs? 175/70/R13? 185/60/R14?
What brand should I go in for, besides? I was thinking of or GP3s as I don't want to replace the tyres for the next 3 years / 30-40k km at least. Otherwise, my natural choice would be XM1+.

How much could the ideal tyres cost?
And how much can I get for my 15k run stock Bridgestones?

I'd like to keep costs down to as low as possible, since I'm getting a new Punto 90 for Diwali, and my i10 will be used as a 2nd / 3rd car.
*If I stick to the 13" size for tires, I'll get myself 13" alloys too ( ~Rs 8-10k after exchange) and if I go in for 14", I'd like to go in for the i20's steel wheels (< 2k after exchange?)*
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 17:43   #359
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Guys, I urgently need a tire upgrade for my 1 year old i10 that will offer -
1 - Better ride quality.
2 - Better grip and braking.
3 - Safety / handling / performance on highways @ triple digit speeds.
4 - Ability to take on the worst roads (Bangalore / towns)
compared to my present rubber - stock size OEM Bridgestones that've run < 15k km and have PLENTY of tread left.
So which size would be practical for me, looking at my needs? 175/70/R13? 185/60/R14?
What brand should I go in for, besides? I was thinking of or GP3s as I don't want to replace the tyres for the next 3 years / 30-40k km at least. Otherwise, my natural choice would be XM1+.

How much could the ideal tyres cost?
And how much can I get for my 15k run stock Bridgestones?

I'd like to keep costs down to as low as possible, since I'm getting a new Punto 90 for Diwali, and my i10 will be used as a 2nd / 3rd car.
*If I stick to the 13" size for tires, I'll get myself 13" alloys too ( ~Rs 8-10k after exchange) and if I go in for 14", I'd like to go in for the i20's steel wheels (< 2k after exchange?)*
As far as brand is concerned, I would lean towards the comfort oriented tyres like the Michelin XM1+ or Yoko A-drives. Avoid the soft compound performance rubber like Yoko S-drives or Bridgestone Potenza G3.

My personal recommendation would be to upgrade to 185/60R14. My experience of using this size of tyre on some terrible roads as been good - it has enough sidewall height to take on bad potholes and will definitely give you excellent stability on the highway at 100-120kph.

Tyres should cost you in the region of 4K apiece. You could get back around 6K for 5 tyres and rims.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 24th September 2011 at 17:45.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 22:25   #360
BHPian
 
Arkin evoisrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KA03; AP02
Posts: 680
Thanked: 107 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
.............

My personal recommendation would be to upgrade to 185/60R14. My experience of using this size of tyre on some terrible roads as been good - it has enough sidewall height to take on bad potholes and will definitely give you excellent stability on the highway at 100-120kph.
..............
.
Thanks KiloAlpha, for your advice.
But, will 185/60/R14 scrape the wheel well during stray incidences?
The car will taste quite a few rough roads, so is there a chance?


OT: Spotted you Figo last(?) month on Old Airport Road.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread jkdas Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 29th August 2016 17:08
Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread viper Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 105 16th July 2016 00:05
Hyundai Accent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Ripper Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 33 14th May 2015 22:55
Hyundai Santa Fe : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread ashimitt Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 9 8th July 2014 08:16
Hyundai Verna (1st gen.) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread praveencr85 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 17 13th November 2007 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks