Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:22   #436
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 305 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hi guys. I was thinking I want to slightly upsize tyres. My original plan was 165/75 R13's for the i10 but this size is not available anywhere. So I have come up with two options for a slightly low budget -

1) 155/80-13 - Michelin XM2
2) 175/70-13 - Apollo Accelare

What would you suggest? Upsize and use Accelares or stock size with Michelins. What makes sense. Because upsize with Michelin is very expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Suggest you go for 175/70R13. The i10 is severely under-tyred, so an upsize is called for.
Apollo Accelere is a decent tyre, and definitely better than most tyres that are factory fitted. Unless you are particularly picky, they will make you happy.
Yes, I would agree with what KiloAlpha said, the i10 really needs a wider tire set especially if it is a Kappa. The 175/70 R13 is a good compromise between grip and ride quality, so I too suggest you go for that.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 13:45   #437
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 527
Thanked: 86 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Hi Guys,

can one 1 confirm if 185/55/14 is a good upgrade for 2013 i10?
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 16:09   #438
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
Hi Guys,

can one 1 confirm if 185/55/14 is a good upgrade for 2013 i10?
No, 185/55 R14 is the incorrect up size for the i10. The correct size is 185/60 R14 or 195/55 R14 in 14" and 175/70 R13 and 185/65 R13 in 13".
For calculating correct up sizes, use this Tyre upsize calculator:
http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

Last edited by nipcarlover : 8th April 2013 at 16:11.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 18:17   #439
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 325
Thanked: 169 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

If the tyres are upgraded to 175/70R13, will the stock rim suffice or will it need a bigger rim too?? Thanks.
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 02:25   #440
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

This is what I did for my i10, like every one, I found the Size 175/70 R13 Right For my car.

Tires: Yokohama A Drive

Quick Review


I had to add spacers in the rear shocker's as I am running on CNG, and have an extra 65kg's, as the rear laden weight.
After the Spacer's the bouncy ride has come to an end, and the drive quality has increased considerably.

Tires have given confidence driving in rain, and braking hard doesn't make it wee the pee, Road noise has reduced too, noticeable diff.
Though I not cornering, but taking regularly a turn where my old tires used to scream these take it with a pinch of salt.




Cheers
Nitin
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-or_final_lrexport4.3x.jpg  

contact.nitin7 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 08:54   #441
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
If the tyres are upgraded to 175/70R13, will the stock rim suffice or will it need a bigger rim too?? Thanks.
No, the stock rim width is 4" whereas the minimum recommended rim width for 175/70 R13 is 4.5". Therefore, you will need to upgrade the rooms as well, otherwise it may be dangerous.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 11:04   #442
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,593
Thanked: 716 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7 View Post
This is what I did for my i10, like every one, I found the Size 175/70 R13 Right For my car.

Tires: Yokohama A Drive

Quick Review


I had to add spacers in the rear shocker's as I am running on CNG, and have an extra 65kg's, as the rear laden weight.
After the Spacer's the bouncy ride has come to an end, and the drive quality has increased considerably.

Tires have given confidence driving in rain, and braking hard doesn't make it wee the pee, Road noise has reduced too, noticeable diff.
Though I not cornering, but taking regularly a turn where my old tires used to scream these take it with a pinch of salt.


Nice pics !
Could you please provide some more info on the spacers?
blackasta is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 19:48   #443
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nice pics !
Could you please provide some more info on the spacers?
Thanks Mate!!!

The spacers are Rubber mounting that are mounted on the top of the shocker's they make some space in the running of your shocker's, i also advised him to stiffen the shocks by one adjustment than standard, to reduce the bounce.
contact.nitin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 10:53   #444
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 305 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Alloys finally installed on the i10 and looking absolutely wonderful on 175/70 R13 Michelin Energy XM2s.

Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0158.jpg

Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0159.jpg

Please find more pics in the ownership thread.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:38   #445
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 527
Thanked: 86 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

hi guys

this weekend planning to buy alloys for my i10, its Garnet red colored.

Confused in 2 options, these are prestige alloys. Let know which one is better also, post if you have any pic of i10 with good looking alloys.

The tire size I am upgrading will be 185 - 60 - 14..
Attached Images
  
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:41   #446
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hi guys

this weekend planning to buy alloys for my i10, its Garnet red colored.

Confused in 2 options, these are prestige alloys. Let know which one is better also, post if you have any pic of i10 with good looking alloys.

The tire size I am upgrading will be 185 - 60 - 14..
Hey, checkout the saimagwheels.com website, very nice set of HRS wheels..
Check out the pics of my car above, it has HRS alloys.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:27   #447
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,059
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

For those going in for 185 60/R14 and removing the i10 mud-flaps as the tyres would foul with them.

1) How essential are the Mud flaps on the i10 - Do the sides get too messy in the monsoon with the mud flaps?

2) Does the ride get too hard (for those with a bit of back issue) with the 60 profile?

3) Warranty would be void I guess - so is it recommended for those with an AT within the warranty period?

4) Impact on the already poor AT FE from the stock 155 to 185 width?

Last edited by ACM : 23rd May 2013 at 12:31.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:39   #448
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
For those going in for 185 60/R14 and removing the i10 mud-flaps as the tyres would foul with them.

1) How essential are the Mud flaps on the i10 - Do the sides get too messy in the monsoon with the mud flaps?

2) Does the ride get too hard (for those with a bit of back issue) with the 60 profile?

3) Warranty would be void I guess - so is it recommended for those with an AT within the warranty period?

4) Impact on the already poor AT FE from the stock 155 to 185 width?
I suggest you ask BHPian blackasta as he had an i10 Auto with 185/60 tires albeit it is the previous gen.
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:55   #449
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,593
Thanked: 716 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
For those going in for 185 60/R14 and removing the i10 mud-flaps as the tyres would foul with them.

1) How essential are the Mud flaps on the i10 - Do the sides get too messy in the monsoon with the mud flaps?

2) Does the ride get too hard (for those with a bit of back issue) with the 60 profile?

3) Warranty would be void I guess - so is it recommended for those with an AT within the warranty period?

4) Impact on the already poor AT FE from the stock 155 to 185 width?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
I suggest you ask BHPian blackasta as he had an i10 Auto with 185/60 tires albeit it is the previous gen.
1. the stock mud flaps will foul with 185/60R14 tires in front on full lock, and due to the tires being wide shall allow plenty of spray on the sides. Suggest you go for wider but thinner mudflaps (which I am yet to go for - managing without front mudflaps!!)

2. Ride gets a bit hard - but handling, road feel and steering feedback improves considerably.

3. Warranty shall be void on wheel / suspension parts - IIRC.

4. Cannot comment on this - I was on 185/60R14 from day 1. presently I get anywhere from 11.5 to 13 - depending on A/C use and traffic.
blackasta is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:15   #450
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,059
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
4. Cannot comment on this - I was on 185/60R14 from day 1. presently I get anywhere from 11.5 to 13 - depending on A/C use and traffic.
Thanks, Wow you get much better FE that I do - Always below 10 in the city in my case and that too with 155 width. I guess 185 width has not effected your FE too much.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread jkdas Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 29th August 2016 17:08
Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread viper Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 105 16th July 2016 00:05
Hyundai Accent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Ripper Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 33 14th May 2015 22:55
Hyundai Santa Fe : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread ashimitt Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 9 8th July 2014 08:16
Hyundai Verna (1st gen.) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread praveencr85 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 17 13th November 2007 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks