Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 8th October 2016, 16:53   #586
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
grip has improved significantly and braking has improved by leaps & bounds.
Just one more thing I wanted to know- Does the car behave better - at lets say a speed of 80 or 90kmph on a highway or straight empty road? Do you feel more stability at that speed as compared to B250?
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 17:10   #587
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Does the car behave better - at lets say a speed of 80 or 90kmph on a highway or straight empty road? Do you feel more stability at that speed as compared to B250?
To be frank, I haven't noticed (or maybe don't remember) much of a difference in terms of straight line stability at speed. I'd say the B250s were quite good on this aspect (except for braking in such conditions, where the XM2s are definitely superior).

Having said that, the difference is certainly noticeable in terms of cornering stability. While coming down the empty exit ramp of a "clover leaf" flyover at a decent speed, for instance, the B250s would feel a bit nervous and edgy. The XM2s can easily carry more speed into such wide corners (& sharper ones as well) than the B250s without feeling nervous. So the XM2s' cornering stability at speed is definitely much better than that of the B250s.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 10:01   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
To be frank, I haven't noticed (or maybe don't remember) much of a difference in terms of straight line stability at speed. I'd say the B250s were quite good on this aspect (except for braking in such conditions, where the XM2s are definitely superior).

Having said that, the difference is certainly noticeable in terms of cornering stability. While coming down the empty exit ramp of a "clover leaf" flyover at a decent speed, for instance, the B250s would feel a bit nervous and edgy. The XM2s can easily carry more speed into such wide corners (& sharper ones as well) than the B250s without feeling nervous. So the XM2s' cornering stability at speed is definitely much better than that of the B250s.
Totally agree. The change has been transformational. Could never once get the tyre to squeal. Cornering has improved tremendously - even though you can feel the sidewall flex, it holds comfortably. Ride quality is noticeably better. I would never cross 100 kmph in the b250s and now, I'm astonished what the little 1.2 can do! I'm frankly amazed how much of a difference this change made - the closest thing I experienced was replacing my Swifts stock JKs with 185/70 XM1s in 2007.

Last edited by d_himan : 16th October 2016 at 10:04.
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 15:55   #589
BHPian

Guys with 175/70 tyres, what air pressure you keep? Stock were 32 I believe. Have been experimenting with 32/33 but yet to find that sweet spot.
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote