Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 1st December 2008, 19:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Even i have to change the tyres shortly. May be the current will last for another 5K Kms. I do not want to go for alloys. Please can anyone provide details for which tyres i can go for. The current JK tyre's are crap and if gets flat tyre, it is real pain to change the wheel(specially the front wheels).
Even my JK's keep getting flat, I was thinking as they are 3yrs old they must have lost their strength. As the latest flat was due to internal webbing cutting out.

aditya:: I donít get it, why should there b any speedo error? But if there is, itís no big deal. If there is a drive error then I will not go for 14". Is there a mileage drop due to 14" tyres?
When the Turbo can have a 14" with 165/65 I donít see any prob as the other components on V2 & Turbo are the same.
In fact Turbo was initially launched only in DLX version & my Indica is also a DLX V2 NA.

greenhorn:: I am not for Apollo & Bridgestone tyres at all. Have had bad experiences on both.

Seen Yokohama & Michelin yesterday, can you suggest the better of the two.
Also can you guys suggest the best alloys available and where can I get a good deal?
rajchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 19:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

michelin has XM1 in that size
yokos, I'm not sure

I find it strange that you've had issues with bridgestone. My indica came with S322's stock, and have had no issues so far ( and i drive pretty roughly and through some bad roads) , except for the lack of grip while cornering.

I'm planning to upsize to acelleres eventually
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 22:34   #18
BHPian

sorry it a duplicate message.
Mods kindly do the needful.

Last edited by rajchetan : 1st December 2008 at 22:40. Reason: duplicate message
Old 1st December 2008, 22:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
michelin has XM1 in that size
yokos, I'm not sure

I find it strange that you've had issues with bridgestone. My indica came with S322's stock, and have had no issues so far ( and i drive pretty roughly and through some bad roads) , except for the lack of grip while cornering.

I'm planning to upsize to acelleres eventually
2 yrs back when we were driving from Bangalore to Mumbai at speeds of 120kmph my left rear tyre bust and when inspected found that the internal webbing had given way. I brought this to the notice of Concord motors and they gave me a reason that the tyre was over inflated.
It might be true but i have been driving frequently with family and every trip i ensure i get the air pressure checked. That incident has made me against them.

What size are you planning to upsize with and why aceller's?
Old 1st December 2008, 23:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

as mentioned before , the lack of grip, and i need something with really tough sidewalls ( narrow lane with above ground slabs = a lot of damage to the sidwalls and wheels. my current tyres have held up fine. most reviews on t bhp also say acellere is good
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote