Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 26th February 2018, 17:11   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I have completed about 4000 kms now. Just got back from a road trip to the Himalayas. No issues at all. The tyres are quiet. The grip seems good and they still look new. Keep in mind though that I am a very careful driver. I never speed, take hard corners or push the vehicle in any way. Still I don't think the Kendas are any less than other brands for normal driving.
Thanks Laborgis,That was quick .I'm being quoted 4450/tyre here in Coimbatore.How much did you get them for and any warranty offered?The Santro that i bought came with them back in 2008 and i thought they were good. Kenda must be like Taiwan's Apollo/MRF i guess...
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 21:57   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Thanks Laborgis,That was quick .I'm being quoted 4450/tyre here in Coimbatore.How much did you get them for and any warranty offered?The Santro that i bought came with them back in 2008 and i thought they were good. Kenda must be like Taiwan's Apollo/MRF i guess...
I paid Rs 3800 per tyre. Keep in mind the Passat tyres are larger and thus more expensive.
No warranty was offered. The shop manager clearly stated that there will be no bill or warranty provided on "Chinese " tyres. I wasn't too worried as the cost was less than half compared to other brands. In any case trye warranties are totally useless anyway. I was pressured to accept other less established brands instead of Kenda but I refused as Kenda was an old and established Taiwanese company.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 22:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

I am running 175/65 R14 Kenda Komet tyres in my Grand I10. No issues till date. The tyres are nothing great to write about, but it is really VFM. I got it for around Rs. 2000 from Snapdeal. This was 2 years back. I was running on Bridgestone tyres before, it costs double. But there was sidewall bubble and the tyre company engineer had refused to replace under warranty. Kenda was also driven same way on same roads and no side wall bubbles like Bridgestone.
Attached Thumbnails
Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread-img_20180228_222902.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th February 2018 at 22:36.
Dr.Naren is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 11:59   #64
BHPian

Finally got a pair of these tyres 6 months back and have completed 2000 KM on them.

The feedback is quite good and way better than the stock MRF. Good grip in dry and wet plus quite silent as well.

I got them for 2600/ piece which is 60% of what other brands cost. They are definitely not some cheap Chinese brand with questionable quality. Contrarily, they are much better than the likes of MRF and JK.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 21:37   #65
BHPian

Hi all

I am thinking of getting these Kenda brand tyres for my recent buy - a pre-worshipped Polo GT TSI. It's used as a second car primarily inside the city and it's driven sedately. Since these tyres are priced very competitively and fellow members here have given good feedback about them, thinking of giving them a shot.

I'm looking at the Komet Plus KR23 in the size 195/60/R15. Are they available in this size? If yes, what would be the cost per tyre?

Regards
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 21:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Finally got a pair of these tyres 6 months back and have completed 2000 KM on them.

The feedback is quite good and way better than the stock MRF. Good grip in dry and wet plus quite silent as well.

I got them for 2600/ piece which is 60% of what other brands cost. They are definitely not some cheap Chinese brand with questionable quality. Contrarily, they are much better than the likes of MRF and JK.
Quoting myself for an update.

Major con : Looses grip at the slightest hint of sand or gravel to the point where getting from unpaved area to the road causes wheelspin.

Thankfully had purchased only 2 tyres. I am planning to buy 2 new tyres and put the Kendall on the rear.

Not recommended. I realized this only when I went on a roadtrip.
Ragavsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2018, 15:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Thankfully had purchased only 2 tyres. I am planning to buy 2 new tyres and put the Kendall on the rear.
If you're grip hungry and the tyres are already failing you, putting them at the back will only make things worse, especially during monsoons.

Suggestion would be to trade them off and buy 4 new 'good' tyres, which is the best thing to do any day. I would not risk the Kendas at the rear for sure.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote