Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th September 2017, 16:27   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I am just back from a weekend trip and I must say the Wranglers held itself well - grippy, still not so noisy. Most importantly, my MID reading of the mileage has increased to 13.6 kmpl when i was getting 12 with my old tyres (similar traffic/driving style). is the mileage increase is usual for new tyres and which will lower down once they start wearing?

- Mods please merge the two posts if you deem fit
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 17:39   #227
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
After some serious tyre hunting since the last 4 months, I went for Pirelli Scorpion ATR's for my 2014 XUV 5oo W6.
The difference in driving after the new tyres is huge. They are extremely good and a major upgrade from the stock BS Duelers.
The road noise is negligible, the grip levels are very good, the daily drives have become very smooth.
After the dealer bought back the spare tyre at Rs. 6,000/-, the pirellis costed Rs. 9250/- a piece with a 5 year warranty.
Ritesh_Dogar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 15:27   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Hi Friends & Gurus,
My XUV has run almost 90K on the stock Bridgestone tyres . I may have pushed it a few extra miles but then they haven't worn out completely. It's time to change & so I am in the hunt for the a suitable alternate. I don't want to spend a fortune on the tyres - want a decent balance between noise, longivity, grip & cost. I am also open to try new tyres provided I get a good feedback from someone in this forum.

While browsing through changemytyre.com, I came across the following :
- Maxxis HT 760-RWL @ 8K / tyre;
- Hankook Dynapro HP RA23 @ 13.3 K / tyre.
As I have no knowledge about the quality of these tyres, can anyone please shed some light.

The other alternatives are the usual ones:

- Goodyear WRANGLER HP/AW @ 13.8 / tyre (think they are better than Hankook any day at that price)
- Goodyear EXCELLENCE @ 14.3 / tyre
- Bridgestone DUELER D684 Tubeless @ 14.7 / tyre
- Yokohama - ?

Don't want to go for the Michelins & Pirellis for their high price.

advise.
Hi Guys,
Am back again to seek a bit of advise from all gurus. I have finally recce'd the market and shortlisted the following options for my XUV:

Pirelli Scorpion ATR @ INR 11,000 per piece
Yokohama G012 AT/S @ INR 11,000 pp
GoodYear Wrangler AT @ 10,000 pp
Bridgestone Dueller HT @ INR 9,800 pp
(I have attached all images for a quick look & comparison)

@Nitinralli - Thanks for your advise on Maxxis ATR. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate a dealer in Delhi/Noida/Gurgaon who stocks them - including Singh Shoppe @ CR Park)

advise.

PS: No specific reason for AT tyres, just that I want to try them over HT (having been using these for eons. )
Attached Images

forbhaskarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 18:36   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Hi Guys, shortlisted the following options for my XUV:

Pirelli Scorpion ATR @ INR 11,000 per piece
Yokohama G012 AT/S @ INR 11,000 pp
GoodYear Wrangler AT @ 10,000 pp
Bridgestone Dueller HT @ INR 9,800 pp

PS: No specific reason for AT tyres, just that I want to try them over HT (having been using these for eons. )
My experience:
The Bridgestone Duellers were stock in my XUV and they lasted longer. Just for the norm to change, I replaced them at 55k. Otherwise, they showed no signs of wear. They were certainly good on highway performance, being HT. But bad roads do unsettle them a bit.

My current set are the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. They also look to last long and haven't had a single puncture for 35k kms. They definitely excel on bad roads but their weak point is the undulations on highways where the tires feel going out of control. They are also a tad noisier than the Duellers but not a deal breaker. Grip levels are great.

So to me, they both are excellent choices as long as you are aware of the basic differences between HT and AT and have your expectations in order.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 09:39   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
My experience:
The Bridgestone Duellers were stock in my XUV and they lasted longer. Just for the norm to change, I replaced them at 55k. Otherwise, they showed no signs of wear. They were certainly good on highway performance, being HT. But bad roads do unsettle them a bit.

My current set are the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. They also look to last long and haven't had a single puncture for 35k kms. They definitely excel on bad roads but their weak point is the undulations on highways where the tires feel going out of control. They are also a tad noisier than the Duellers but not a deal breaker. Grip levels are great.

So to me, they both are excellent choices as long as you are aware of the basic differences between HT and AT and have your expectations in order.
Thanks for your feedback mate. Yes indeed, I do understand the difference between the two types of tyres. I am getting inclined towards the Pirelli, second choice being the Yokos. Plan to have them fitted today during second half.
forbhaskarm is offline   Reply With Quote