Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th August 2014, 21:11   #31
BHPian

Default re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

And why are you looking for the 'Áheapest available option' ? Plan to sell the car ?
Try Hankook too, they're good tyres.
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 14:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Put these on an XUV last night but had to step out before they were mounted, so no pics of them on the car.
Hi WasavaTyres,

Can you please post a pic of your XUV with the alloys? What was the total amount you paid for set of 4?

Thanks

And please suggest how will the below alloy look on a Silver/Red XUV.

Name:  watermark.jpg
Views: 7724
Size:  28.5 KB

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th September 2014 at 14:15.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 19:26   #33
BHPian

@fusion
nice.. choice buddy..
i too want a nice alloy for my XUV 500 AWD but m thinking of downsizing to 16 inch alloys...with 245/70 R16 tyres...
agent009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 11:27   #34
BHPian

I took delivery of my XUV W6 yesterday and upgraded to alloys at the same time. Sireesh Auto Bangalore did not take back the steel rims & wheel caps.

Any pointers on how I can dispose them now? Thanks in advance.

Rajat
rajatmakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 11:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I took delivery of my XUV W6 yesterday and upgraded to alloys at the same time. Sireesh Auto Bangalore did not take back the steel rims & wheel caps.

Any pointers on how I can dispose them now? Thanks in advance.

Rajat
Suggest you sell them on OLX or similar website. Check how much do they cost new from showroom. Post an ad pricing it at 20 to 25 percent discount and people will be there who want to buy it
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 00:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey guys, my XUV odo is nearing 50k and i need to replace the stock bridgestones.
Thinking of nankang sp5 as they are the cheapest tires available 255/60/17. anyone tried them or know if they are good enough?
link to http://www.tyreonwheels.com/tyres/Nankang/SP-5/1221
If not which of the other options is value for money
http://www.tyreonwheels.com/car/tyre...s/10/Bangalore

thanks in advance for the advice
JK Elanzo on my XUV is nearing its end. Its 41k on ODO and they will not last more than 50k. Just today visited the local dealer for a puncture repair and he introduced me to Falken Wildpeak HT01 tyres for XUV 235/65R 17 104T. They come with 1.5 years Free Road Hazard warranty which includes -
Accidental damages cuts
Impact break damage
Run flat damage
Non Ė repairable damage through cuts on tread area
Non Ė repairable damage cuts on side walls
Any other damages NOT caused due to poor vehicle conditions, inflation pressure, Alignment, mechanical problems

He quoted 37500/- for 3 tyres + 1 tyre Free as per some ongoing offer. That means 37.5k for 4 tyres.

On researching further, I could only found Bridgestone Dueler & JK Elanzo for mid-range pricing. Online reviews and a post by bhpian Steeroid have only good things to say for it so far.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 15:22   #37
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Could not find any other thread dedicated to tyres for XUV5OO, so adding my query here.

I got JK Elanzo as stock when I bought my XUV w8 some 2.5 years back. The Odo is currently at 30,000 kms and the JKs would easily last another 20-30K kms. The only problem I have with them is that they are super-noisy.

Did a bit of googling, checked sites like changemytyre/tyreonwheeels and met a couple of tyre dealers.

Here are the options:

1. Michelin Latitude Tour HP - about 15K Rs per tyre. Supposed to be for 90% highway usage.

2. Michelin Latitude Cross - 17-18K Rs per tyre. Supposed to be 60% road and 40% off-road usage.

3. Michelin LTX A/T 2 - No idea about price. Not even sure if they are available in 235/65 R17. (Called up Michelin India customer care and they had no clue). Supposed to be tougher than Tour HP and Latitude Cross. So logically more suited for off-road conditions (and therefore most of India ).

4. Yokohama Advan S.T. - About 19K per tyre. Supposed to be performance SUV tyres. Quite expensive. Just know one XUV owner who has these and he is happy in the 10,000 odd kms he has used them.

5. Bridgestone Turanza - This is one option that is available as stock on XUV. Heard that they squeal a lot and as per niggles thread, there are few instances of side-wall cuts as well.

6. Bridgestones Dueller - Are these available on XUV size ? 235/65 R17.

7. Continental Crossconnect UHP - 15K Rs per tyre online - No idea how these are. Any experience?

8. Apollo Apterra HP - Most affordable, less than 10K Rs per tyre. Heard good things about Apterras in general. Not sure how they are on XUV in particular. Recent batches in XUV have started to come with Apollos as stock. Are these the same ones? How are they from noise, grip and comfort perspective?

Thoroughly confused. Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by SDP : 25th February 2015 at 15:28.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 18:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Duellers and the Apterras come as OE fitment in the XUV ; I don't have any experience with them but can definitely say the Apterras' finish looked good.No harm in trying them.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 18:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The Duellers and the Apterras come as OE fitment in the XUV ; I don't have any experience with them but can definitely say the Apterras' finish looked good.No harm in trying them.
Mine came standard with Apollo. They have not given me any trouble yet. Vibrations are felt over uneven or broken roads. No squealing at all. The tires in my opinion are VFM, and best suited for city and highway.
falconion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 18:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Even i have JK's and have covered 54k on them. They hard and noisy but waiting for them them to cross 60k mark and then add new rubber. Why dont you also wait for sometime and use JK's as you would not get much in return for 20K run JK's.

I have seen Maxxis and Hankook on few XUV's here in Delhi. They are cheaper (i guess under 10K). Try and see if you can find anyone who have them. I have heard good things about Hankook.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 20:13   #41
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Thanks. I believe I got Duellers and Turanzas mixed up in my post.
Duellers seem to be stock for Safari, Scorpio, Pajero etc. Seen lots of them around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Mine came standard with Apollo. They have not given me any trouble yet. Vibrations are felt over uneven or broken roads. No squealing at all. The tires in my opinion are VFM, and best suited for city and highway.
You talking about Apollo Apterras right?
Even I have heard only positive feedback about Apterras. How noisy/silent are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i have JK's and have covered 54k on them. They hard and noisy but waiting for them them to cross 60k mark and then add new rubber. Why dont you also wait for sometime and use JK's as you would not get much in return for 20K run JK's.

I have seen Maxxis and Hankook on few XUV's here in Delhi. They are cheaper (i guess under 10K). Try and see if you can find anyone who have them. I have heard good things about Hankook.
Nitin, you have seen the accident thread pic I shared right? That was a broken alloy case, but end result would be equally disastrous if there is a tyre blowout on the XUV. So I am not ready to risk my car, my life and my family's life for cheap tyres. I understand that cheap does not necessarily mean poor-quality. But there is hardly any data-points or real-life experience readily available for Maxxis, Hankook etc doing duty on XUV. So not very keen on experimenting with those.

About JKs, I believe on my car they have become more noisy in the 20-30K kms period. The drone from the road noise has become very irritating, especially on long drives. They are also not very comfortable. So want to move on to tyres which are known to be quieter and more comfortable e.g Michelins.

Last edited by SDP : 25th February 2015 at 20:16.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 20:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
You talking about Apollo Apterras right?
Even I have heard only positive feedback about Apterras. How noisy/silent are they?
Yes. Apollo Apterra HP Tyres.
About the noise I will have to get back with you on that tomorrow while I go for work. I tend to have the music a bit loud so can't give you an exact idea now.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 23:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Nitin, you have seen the accident thread pic I shared right? That was a broken alloy case, but end result would be equally disastrous if there is a tyre blowout on the XUV. So I am not ready to risk my car, my life and my family's life for cheap tyres. I understand that cheap does not necessarily mean poor-quality. But there is hardly any data-points or real-life experience readily available for Maxxis, Hankook etc doing duty on XUV. So not very keen on experimenting with those.

About JKs, I believe on my car they have become more noisy in the 20-30K kms period. The drone from the road noise has become very irritating, especially on long drives. They are also not very comfortable. So want to move on to tyres which are known to be quieter and more comfortable e.g Michelins.
I agree with you sir that tyres are the most important thing in any car as its the only thing that interacts with the road. However what i have heard that Hankook are now supplying tyres to Audi for TT etc, so i guess they must be good.

Anyways let us know which tyres you went with as i too am looking for a change real soon.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 17:52   #44
BHPian

Hey SDP,
So I used the APP iNVH from Bosch on Android to see the dB in my car. It turns out at stand still with engine on and with just the AC on the lowest blower setting I am getting 60 dB. This increases upon driving to a range from 65 to 75 dB.

The Apollo tires are very silent on well paved roads and the noise is not considerable high either when going over bad patches. What I hear more is a thud-thud of suspension I guess over such roads. i.e. road example below
Half the time I could not make out if its the tires or the suspension. (This result is based on me driving at 4 AM after a 3 hour nap, prior to which i had done 13 hour duty and was going back for duty at 4 AM for another 11 hour shift, the roads were practically empty with 1 or two cars in 1 km distance)

You might wanna take a test drive on someones vehicle which has Apollo Tires. If you were nearby I would have offered mine.

The noise in cabin is quiet harsh on such a road as below ranging from 75-78 dB, but not unbearable:
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 18:38   #45
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey SDP,
So I used the APP iNVH from Bosch on Android to see the dB in my car. It turns out at stand still with engine on and with just the AC on the lowest blower setting I am getting 60 dB. This increases upon driving to a range from 65 to 75 dB.
This result is based on me driving at 4 AM after a 3 hour nap, prior to which i had done 13 hour duty and was going back for duty at 4 AM for another 11 hour shift, the roads were practically empty with 1 or two cars in 1 km distance
First upon all, hats off to your effort. Finding an app and taking the pains to actually do tests to measure the noise level is just commendable.

Quote:
Hey SDP,
The Apollo tires are very silent on well paved roads and the noise is not considerable high either when going over bad patches. What I hear more is a thud-thud of suspension I guess over such roads. i.e. road example below
Half the time I could not make out if its the tires or the suspension.
This is the exact problem why I am shifting to more quiet tyres although there is lots of tread left on the stock JKs. Everytime I complain about the noise from suspension, the guys at the service center are either not able to hear anything because of the ruckus the JKs make or any feeble sound that is still heard on top of the the road-noise, they simply claim that its functional and nothing to worry about.

Quote:
...You might wanna take a test drive on someones vehicle which has Apollo Tires. If you were nearby I would have offered mine...
Thanks for the offer. Know very few XUV owners in Mumbai. But let me try anyways.

Quote:
The noise in cabin is quiet harsh on such a road as below ranging from 75-78 dB, but not unbearable:
Was just wondering if there is a guideline in terms of what is acceptable amount of noise (in dB) in the cabin. Have you came across any such number?

Thanks once again for the tremendous effort! Really appreciated.

Last edited by SDP : 27th February 2015 at 18:41.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote