Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:39   #331
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Just exchanged my new Ertiga's stock MRF to Michelin XM2 185/65 R15 at Madhus. Thanks to Nikhil, it was a pleasure experience as usual (3rd time). I must admit, Michelin tyres are great, we could immediately felt the difference between stock and XM2 with respect to road noise, breaking and comfort. I would recommend XM2 anytime...
funda2max is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:37   #332
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,499
Thanked: 5,215 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Hi deetjohn, my xm2 set purchased a few days back is of the lot of 18.13 and 20.13, so they are available and actively imported. These are made in Thailand. Size under discussion is 185/70R14
Good to know that. The size I am looking at is 185/65 R15. Maybe the numbers are less as this one odd size and I think the shops here are waiting for the price correction. I hear it could go up by 8 to 10%.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:12   #333
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIMA
Posts: 485
Thanked: 320 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Good to know that. The size I am looking at is 185/65 R15. Maybe the numbers are less as this one odd size and I think the shops here are waiting for the price correction. I hear it could go up by 8 to 10%.
Sorry, my dealer informs me that prices went up in the first week of July already. Some popular models such as mine have been affected by an increase of 350 INR, while most of the rest have remained unchanged. Perhaps they had enough margin in hand?

Why not drop an enquiry to a dealer in Chennai just to check for the stock availability with dates?
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 10:31   #334
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winnipeg,Canada
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

HI Friends,

I am nit much satisfied with Michelin XM2.

Previously I have used 2 sets of XM1+ and was verymuch satisfied of it performance ; may last set on Verna VGT runs for 55 K;

but after moving to XM2 I didn't noticed any change which we usually expect after Tyre change. I can hear more THURD noise then previous old tyre; its more hard then then XM1+ and lot more harder then other tyres in market;

It might be true that it wil last longer; but people buy Michelin for comfort not for mileage; its more comfort oriented tyre with good grip ; but that's missing in these Tyre; I can sense after driving 10K they will be more noisy .

I am disappointed ....
pawandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 09:50   #335
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 32
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawandeep View Post
HI Friends,

I am nit much satisfied with Michelin XM2.

Previously I have used 2 sets of XM1+ and was verymuch satisfied of it performance ; may last set on Verna VGT runs for 55 K;

but after moving to XM2 I didn't noticed any change which we usually expect after Tyre change. I can hear more THURD noise then previous old tyre; its more hard then then XM1+ and lot more harder then other tyres in market;

It might be true that it wil last longer; but people buy Michelin for comfort not for mileage; its more comfort oriented tyre with good grip ; but that's missing in these Tyre; I can sense after driving 10K they will be more noisy .

I am disappointed ....

pawandeep, did you get wheel balancing done as well? After 50K plus there's a good chance your wheel balancing your balancing is off which could give you a little noise and wobble on your drive.

Also can you please explain what is THURD noise? Did you mean a THUD sound?
First time I am hearing this term.
nikhil.nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 13:42   #336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 319
Thanked: 130 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawandeep View Post
HI Friends,

I am nit much satisfied with Michelin XM2.

It might be true that it wil last longer; but people buy Michelin for comfort not for mileage; its more comfort oriented tyre with good grip ; but that's missing in these Tyre; I can sense after driving 10K they will be more noisy .

I am disappointed ....
This is what i got from my tyre dealer when i went for replacing my XM1+
1. New XM2 are harder for durability, XM1+ were of softer compound.
2. More Noisier since they are harder, More so on Concrete.
3. Not made in India, lot of chinese make, which not good.

I then went for Falcon Sinclera, which are very silent and equally grippy if not more. Read on the internet that the durability is less, but I was told it could hold on upto 60K kms.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 14:18   #337
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIMA
Posts: 485
Thanked: 320 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawandeep View Post
HI Friends,

I am nit much satisfied with Michelin XM2.

Previously I have used 2 sets of XM1+ and was verymuch satisfied of it performance ; may last set on Verna VGT runs for 55 K;

but after moving to XM2 I didn't noticed any change which we usually expect after Tyre change. I can hear more THURD noise then previous old tyre; its more hard then then XM1+ and lot more harder then other tyres in market;

It might be true that it wil last longer; but people buy Michelin for comfort not for mileage; its more comfort oriented tyre with good grip ; but that's missing in these Tyre; I can sense after driving 10K they will be more noisy .

I am disappointed ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
This is what i got from my tyre dealer when i went for replacing my XM1+
1. New XM2 are harder for durability, XM1+ were of softer compound.
2. More Noisier since they are harder, More so on Concrete.
3. Not made in India, lot of chinese make, which not good.

I then went for Falcon Sinclera, which are very silent and equally grippy if not more. Read on the internet that the durability is less, but I was told it could hold on upto 60K kms.

Cheers
MKP
My XM2's have done over 200 Kms now, and all has been good. Tyre noise is lower than my previous JK Tyres, which I believe were a harder compound than the XM2. Further, mine are marked Made in Thailand.

Pawandeep, can you mention the tyre pressure you maintain? I keep a 185/70R14 at 32 PSI constant on the Swift.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 14:35   #338
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 319
Thanked: 130 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
My XM2's have done over 200 Kms now, and all has been good. Tyre noise is lower than my previous JK Tyres, which I believe were a harder compound than the XM2.
I'm comparing XM2 with respect to XM1+, XM1+ were more silent than the Bridgestone S322 and JK Vectra's .

So the opinion I got for XM2 was I would be disappointed with respect to tyre noise, hence i opted for Falcon.They are better in terms of reduced noise compared to XM1's

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 18:06   #339
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winnipeg,Canada
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
pawandeep, did you get wheel balancing done as well? After 50K plus there's a good chance your wheel balancing your balancing is off which could give you a little noise and wobble on your drive.

Also can you please explain what is THURD noise? Did you mean a THUD sound?
First time I am hearing this term.

HI Nikhil,

I have done wheel balancing and alignment also on new XM2 but they are nosier and harder then previous XM1+

THURD noise means when ever car hit and road pit as sound usualy come; which old XM1+ it was softer but with new tyres it more audible ; you will also feel if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
My XM2's have done over 200 Kms now, and all has been good. Tyre noise is lower than my previous JK Tyres, which I believe were a harder compound than the XM2. Further, mine are marked Made in Thailand.

Pawandeep, can you mention the tyre pressure you maintain? I keep a 185/70R14 at 32 PSI constant on the Swift.
32 PSI in all 4 wheels

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2013 at 12:43. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
pawandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 13:25   #340
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,499
Thanked: 5,215 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

195/60 R15 XM2 available now.

DBS tyres rang me just now with this information. They have got a new batch of XM2 in 195/60 R15. This size was not there before. I hope it does have 3 grooves.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 10:44   #341
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Replaced the 47k run Bridgestone potenza G3 on my ANHC with XM2s. Cost me 5800 per tyre for 195/60R15 size. Haven't driven much but the XM2 seems softer compared to similar sized potenza G3s. I have loved the G3s but was not readily available hence decided on XM2.
vtecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:35   #342
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 375
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Fellas I am due to change tires of my Old honda city in a couple of weeks. Stock is 175/70/13 but can I get 175/80/13?
Looking for Yokohama AA01 and Michelin XM2. Don't know the required profile is available in them or not?
Anyways if I have to buy stock profile Which one to go for?
Also I am quoted 3500 for Yoko and 4400 for Michelin.

Last edited by Honda Monk : 2nd September 2013 at 17:38.
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:05   #343
BHPian
 
nareshov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Fellas I am due to change tires of my Old honda city in a couple of weeks. Stock is 175/70/13 but can I get 175/80/13?
...
I think the right upsize for that would be:
185/65-13 or 195/60-13.
nareshov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:21   #344
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 375
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
I think the right upsize for that would be:
185/65-13 or 195/60-13.
I don't want to up size exactly but want to increase the profile little bit if it's technically not wrong. Otherwise okey with existing ratios.
Primary query is still on the brand.
Yokohama A drive or Michelin XM2?
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:58   #345
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 94 Times
Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
I don't want to up size exactly but want to increase the profile little bit if it's technically not wrong. Otherwise okey with existing ratios.
Primary query is still on the brand.
Yokohama A drive or Michelin XM2?
Any reason you are not considering Yoko C Drives. I would definitely opt for them.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote) greenhorn Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 163 12th September 2014 19:53
Advise on Laura tyres - Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Michelin Ravveendrra Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 13 6th March 2010 13:30
Exchange - 185 Michelin Tyres -with- 175 Honda City Tyres eflanker Shifting gears 2 23rd September 2007 18:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks