Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 6th July 2012, 15:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Got 185/70R14 XM2 tires for my dad's Logan from Super TireTech, JC Road. A huge improvement in ride quality and handling when compared to OEM JK tires. Super TireTech offered the best prices in comparison to many other dealers I checked with.

Yes Super tyre Tec offer least price and xm2 are best ones to buy and we are happy with ride quality as well.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 20:42   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish
Got 185/70R14 XM2 tires for my dad's Logan from Super TireTech, JC Road. A huge improvement in ride quality and handling when compared to OEM JK tires. Super TireTech offered the best prices in comparison to many other dealers I checked with.
How much did you pay for each tyre?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 00:02   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hi McTurbo, I went for Michelin xm2 185/70 R14 for my Logan, 4775/- per tyre cost including Tyre fitment, balancing, alignment. I agree Michelin tyre picks up every stone :-) also first few days it does like that and from there it will be alright. Its the case in all Michelin tyres I tried till date. Ride is comfy and driven until 120kmph speed. It gives confidence for sure.

I have shopped for XM2 in Hercules Tyre Banashankari ring road outlet.

Ravi.
May I know the week/year stamp on XM2s?
I m not getting anything letter than 4/12
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 10:58   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How much did you pay for each tyre?
Rs. 4600/- per tyre including fittment, balancing and alignment. This was on 15 May 2012 - the prices may have changed between then and now.
dish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 21:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

I got 11/12 as mfg date. 4/12 is also fine. XM2 is very good in wet condition and also I found nothing different compared to XM1+

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 00:33   #126
BHPian

Thats gr8. But i finally bought the 4/12 s.

Michelin claims that XM2 is better in terms of handling,braking, tyre life,fuel economy.... Will see how it is
Old 14th July 2012, 17:27   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
May I know the week/year stamp on XM2s?
I m not getting anything letter than 4/12
On 30 May 2012, what I got was a 0212, 3 nos of 0312 and a 0412. So the 0212 went as the spare and the rest are on. I noticed that the rolling resistance is relatively low in the XM2s. Slightest of the gradient and the vehicle starts rolling off (lesser resistance = more FE?). May be it has to do with the weight of the car as well. Or is it the other way round? not sure.
McTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 12:48   #128
BHPian

I have felt the same after fitting the XM2s. It should definitely translate to a better FE.
Cheers!
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:25   #129
BHPian

Hello Tyre Gurus,
I am planning for tyre change (Not upgrade as I am going for the same size) for my ford classic. The stock tires are MRF 175/65 R14. After taking advice here I have decided for Michelin Energy XM2 Tubeless 175/65R 14. The current price is 4850 per tyre in some online portals.
My question is, how much I can get for my stock tires if I change immediately and where can I get the best trade in value. I have booked my car in Cauvery Ford near R.T Nagar, Bangalore.
NaveenKBorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 20:42   #130
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
On 30 May 2012, what I got was a 0212, 3 nos of 0312 and a 0412. So the 0212 went as the spare and the rest are on. I noticed that the rolling resistance is relatively low in the XM2s. Slightest of the gradient and the vehicle starts rolling off (lesser resistance = more FE?). May be it has to do with the weight of the car as well. Or is it the other way round? not sure.
The XM1 and XM2 both have very low rolling resistance. I too have noticed this on the XM1+. The car just goes on and on. I've done around 36k kms on my XM1+ and they have got another 15k kms worth of tread on them which I should finish in less than 10 months. I'm eagerly awaiting for the XM2 which improves rolling resistance further and lasts even longer. Michelin tyres are very durable and soft and supple. I have used them in all environments and I've been extremely happy over the past 2 years with them. They were an eyeopener on what a good tyre is when I changed from the MRF ZVTS to these.

p.s. This is on an Alto, so it does not have to do with the car weight, just the tire design.
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 22:26   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
The current price is 4850 per tyre in some online portals.
Check with changemytyre.com. They gave me a discount of Rs. 1000 over and above their low price for 185/60/R 14 Michelin XM2s. Good after sales experience.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2012 at 18:08. Reason: Fixing quote
Dreadnought is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 01:23   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
..and they have got another 15k kms worth of tread on them which I should finish in less than 10 months
How do we measure the tread wear on the XM2s? Remember reading somewhere about a small triangle mark on the sidewall on some make of tire where we need to check. In the XM2s, I see a bridge sort of a connection between the ridges at a certain depth. Wondering if that is what we should be watching for. When that touches the tarmac, drive into the nearest Michelin store for a change of shoes? Or is it just my imagination running wild?
McTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 09:01   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
How do we measure the tread wear on the XM2s? Remember reading somewhere about a small triangle mark on the sidewall on some make of tire where we need to check. In the XM2s, I see a bridge sort of a connection between the ridges at a certain depth. Wondering if that is what we should be watching for. When that touches the tarmac, drive into the nearest Michelin store for a change of shoes? Or is it just my imagination running wild?
Yes. Exactly right. That is the tread wear indicator.
Nikhilb2008 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 10:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008

Yes. Exactly right. That is the tread wear indicator.
Is the mandatory to change the tires if the TWI is exposed to the road? Or can it be run for a couple of hundred kms before changing.?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 12:09   #135
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is the mandatory to change the tires if the TWI is exposed to the road? Or can it be run for a couple of hundred kms before changing.?
Mandatory by law: yes
Mandatory by safety standards: yes

However you can pull on for a couple hundred kms if you are driving in the city at low speeds and in dry weather. If it rains, drop your speed to an even comfortable level. The problem is it is very subjective, hence be on the safer side and use your best judgement. Preferably change your tires within a fortnight.
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote