Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 6th June 2016, 15:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: JK tyres, simply crappy manufacturing quality!

Cross-posting from the S-Cross Official Review thread. Member Sree73 has reported cracks in the OE fitted JK Elanzo tyres:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3990216 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 15:57   #107
BHPian

Noticed this in JK ELANZO today. Will it be covered in warranty?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-post3993341.html
@viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 18:31   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Noticed this in JK ELANZO today. Will it be covered in warranty?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3993341
Could not attach the pic earlier. Really disappointed with the quality of tyre. Have done just about 12k kms on my S-Cross. Everybody said change the tyres when I brought the car and I said Suzuki is a responsible company wont compromise on tyre quality but I was wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
JK tyres, simply crappy manufacturing quality!-1465477120468.jpg  

@viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 14:45   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the AStar_AT was not available, I borrowed my sister's Alto last Saturday. On Sunday, while running through a general checkup (oil, coolant, battery, brake-fluid, tyres etc), I open the rear hatch to top-up the spare tyre and see this.
JK tyres, simply crappy manufacturing quality!-img_0730.jpg

Was shocked to see the cut-open tyre with the steel wires poking out. But not at all suprised given the many prior experiences with JK tyres.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 12:19   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Now that all the crappy JKTyre Vectras on the Swift have been replaced, the story shifts to our A-Star_AT. Last few days, I was noticing unusually heavy vibrations while driving it. At around 65-70kmph on smooth roads, the car was literally jumping up and down. Since it is shod with the same JK Vectras, the tyres were my first doubt.
Went and bought a Bridgestone for the stepney. Ofcourse, this is just the start. In the coming months, I am sure I will have to replace the other 4 tyres too. Just a matter of when, not if.
The story continues on the A-Star_AT as I expected. After replacing the faulty tyre, all was well for some months. Now, the vibrations /jumping is back, which indicates another JK Vectra is breathing its last. Car is not with me currently, so could not check which tyre is the culprit. Will know next week.
Old 7th November 2016, 14:36   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Default JK tyres, simply crappy manufacturing quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The story continues on the A-Star_AT as I expected. After replacing the faulty tyre, all was well for some months. Now, the vibrations /jumping is back, which indicates another JK Vectra is breathing its last. Car is not with me currently, so could not check which tyre is the culprit. Will know next week.
Yes, another tyre showed the same bulge symptom. Plus also had cuts on it as seen below. Replaced it today with a Bridgestone B290. Put the 2 new Bridgestones at the front.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1478509241.389866.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  125.1 KB

Checked the other 3 tyres and one is in the initial stages of deforming. Made it spare tyre for now.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1478509549.587037.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  109.9 KB

So 3 of 5 gone. 2 remain.😧