Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 13th April 2006, 18:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default 12v Impact Wrench for changing Tyres - Opinions please.

Mods,

Im sorry for making a duplicate thread... I posted in the main accessory section but there was no reply
so I thought it might be relevant to post in this section. If its inappropriate you may remove this.

My friend is interested in purchasing this electrical wrench to assist him changing tyres.
He travels often from Blr to Coorg and surrounding area's and is really keen on picking this up.

Anyone have experience using such a product ? Is it advisable to go in for it ?
Also Bangalore members if any of you have bought this locally please
provide details (contact, cost.. I guess hot tracks will be the onyl place !!)

The link I provided above works out to roughly Rs.1700 including shipping.

Thanks.

Last edited by s0uljah : 13th April 2006 at 18:13.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 18:21   #2
BHPian

Sounds like a usefull tool but... and more usefull if the person is doing lots of offroad driving... don't know about the pricing though but u can definatly get such product in banglore itself.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 21:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

I guess it makes sense if you are weak or lazy and plan on having a lot of punchtures!
I prefer the old school way.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 18:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sinner, my friend is probably checking aroudn shops in Bangalore for the product...

Rehaan, old school way somehow works out to be fun, provided theres 2 people
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 19:53   #5
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Mods,

Im sorry for making a duplicate thread... I posted in the main accessory section but there was no reply
so I thought it might be relevant to post in this section. If its inappropriate you may remove this.

My friend is interested in purchasing this electrical wrench to assist him changing tyres.
He travels often from Blr to Coorg and surrounding area's and is really keen on picking this up.

Anyone have experience using such a product ? Is it advisable to go in for it ?
Also Bangalore members if any of you have bought this locally please
provide details (contact, cost.. I guess hot tracks will be the onyl place !!)

The link I provided above works out to roughly Rs.1700 including shipping.

Thanks.
I have not used one on a car yet. If you are using in series production or repetitive work, then it definitely helps. But for once in a while use, it is more of a fashion. So if you are not interested in being too lazy to use normal wrenches then you can use it. But also remember that preparation for using will take longer than normal wrenches (something like 2 minute noodles cooked in half an hour)

Also in old school way, only one person used the wrenches and here also only one person will be doing it.

RK

Last edited by jat : 14th April 2006 at 19:57.
jat is offline   Reply With Quote