Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 14th April 2006, 00:00   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up New concept tyres... Tweels

What's a future car without a future tire? Well, Michelin's got us covered with a combination wheel and tire that doesn't use air, making it impossible to go flat. The "Tweel" uses flexible polyurethane spokes and promises to last two to three times longer than traditional radial tires, and when it does wear out it can simply be retreaded.

There is one potential drawback, however; it's not clear whether they'll be able to be chrome-plated or not.

Here's a link for more readup...
http://www.automedia.com/Future/Tire...sm20050201mt/1

DaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 00:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think this is an excellent concept and might not really be too far from being OE!!! Will kill the alloy and conventional tyre market...

A thread on this I think is already on the forum ...anyways, another great product by the french.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 01:56   #3
BHPian

I believe this topic has been discussed before...looks like the car ahs been "Hi-Jacked"!!
Even for all its cons I would still prefer the wheels to the 'Tweels'
comfortablywacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 02:03   #4
BHPian

You guys are right... MODs can this be merged to the original thread?
DaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote