Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 21st January 2013, 06:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Oh My horror...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post

The BK tyres guy from Lajpat had put in stock nuts,..all the Floor shop manager did was replce this with Alloys nuts and the problem went away.
I immediately called BK tyres and asked him if this was a mistake.
He (the owner) says no sir we always put stock nuts and never had a problem,..! I was like are you sure he says "sir, your scorpio seems to be a specially made one" and sends me images of other alloy installs with stock nuts claiming there is no difference between the two.
However the difference in the two nuts were very clear. the nut on the left is stock nuts (steel rims) and the one on the right is alloy nuts (for alloy wheels).
The tire store guy was right, from what I have known almost every other scorp which has changed to alloys uses the stock lug-nuts. I am using the stock lug-nuts on my scorpio too and so does many other members on the forum.
If the alloy lug-nuts worked in your favor, then good for you. However please keep checking them if they loosen out. Has happened to fellow member getsurya (?) or someone else on the forum where he claimed that one of the wheels came off the scorpio and this again because of the aftermarket alloy lug-nuts.

Quote:
I for one am chuffed. Mad, yet relieved. Some strange story this huh !?
So am I and quite a strange story.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 09:58   #17
BHPian

Default Re: 255mm tyres on a Scorpio? Think again (Pictures inside)

@Torque-ative : I do understand how you will be feeling after parting with those lovely alloys. But believe me, the current ones look smashing too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Here's a pic and I am running 8J alloys and IIRC those Plati alloys were also 8J.

Attachment 1022543
When did you upgrade your wheels rjstyle

Please post some more pics in your thread
Repsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 11:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Very dangerous thing to have the incorrect lug nuts when fitting alloy wheels. Please read Mr Behram Dhabhar's detailed posts on the subject of Alloy wheels for the Scorpio.
Sir could you link me to the info from Mr.Behram Dhabhar,..I tried searching could not find it.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 12:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Sir could you link me to the info from Mr.Behram Dhabhar,..I tried searching could not find it.
Guys,

I am running my scorpio vlx - 2011 model with company alloy type lugnuts , came with the vehicle and Thar crde having scorpio "S" type alloys with steel rim lug nuts. Not issues.

Seems OE steel rim lugnuts are not ok for aftermarket alloys !!.

Last edited by Rajith : 21st January 2013 at 12:12.
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote