Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 9th August 2015, 19:36   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna (2nd gen.) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi, I have the fluidic Verna shod with stock Bridgestone tyres of 195/55R16. Am planning a long trip where road conditions on some stretches may not be great. The top priority is high reliability against punctures and damage. Ride quality is not an issue.

Are these tyres good enough? Do I need to be extra careful about any bad road patches? The recommended pressure is 33PSI - should I increase the pressure by 1 PSI? Thanks!
PearlJam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 05:27   #32

Hello,
Need some help on tyre upgrades too.
I have Verna Fluidic 2012 with stock tyres on stock alloy wheels. They are now wearing out and I need to get them changed.

Need something which will do the job for city driving and lots of highway cruising too. The tyres would need to have little to no road noise.

Appearance isn't really important. But I don't want very soft side walls.
Can someone help with some recommendations ?
Ravi_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 09:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Are these tyres good enough? Do I need to be extra careful about any bad road patches? The recommended pressure is 33PSI - should I increase the pressure by 1 PSI? Thanks!
Stock tyres are supposed to be good enough, at least for the first 40-45k kms. Rest there is nothing much you can do to outright prevent a puncture as that's dependent on the road and what lies on it. Yes it will be useful if you were to be very careful on bad patches, but increasing the pressure by 1 psi wont help much as far as stopping a puncture goes.

My opinion is to keep the suggested pressure unless your journey is many hundreds of kms in which case you can increase the psi very slightly so that they don't need top-ups urgently. Ride quality will become much harder with greater air pressure though so its an instinctual call at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi_chd View Post
The tyres would need to have little to no road noise. But I don't want very soft side walls. Can someone help with some recommendations ?
See, now there is a slight problem here - tyres that give out the least road noise are usually the ones which are soft and have softer sidewalls like Michelin XM2, they are the gold standard for grip, noiseless performance and overall plushness if I may use that term.

The only negative of that is that they have an overall softness about them and may last 10% less longer than traditional intermediate tyres though not always necessary. Otherwise its the Yokohama Earth-1 which provides the optimal balance of comfort, grip and stiffness (I'm using them). You won't go wrong with either but Earth-1 is the most balanced tyre there is out there. As with all other tyres, durability, puncture-resistance and performance will also involve a bit of luck and careful driving, I've done 9k on the new set so far and they look just like they did on day one.

Last edited by dark.knight : 19th August 2016 at 09:51.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 11:58   #34
BHPian

Hello,

Need some help on tyre upgrades for my 2015 Fluidic Verna Diesel.

I have Jan 2015 car with stock tyres on stock alloy wheels. It has almost worn out after doing 51,000 kms in 1yr 9 months.

The stock Bridgestones (195/55R16) served me well with just 4 punctures.

Not looking to oversize. Want to stick to stock size itself. Any recommendations on other brands and where do I get them in Bengaluru ??? Also what do I do with the older tyres ???

Thanks,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 10:39   #35
BANNED

Hi All,
Good day to you.

I need to change the shoes of my Verna VGT as FE has reduced due to tyre wear (Bridgestone B290 185/65 r14).

Looking for budget tyres. I do Highways once in a month.

Need inputs please.

I have narrowed down to these tyres.
1. Maxxis (205/60 r14)
2. Yokohama Earth 1 (185/65 r14)
3. Falken Azenis PT722 (205/60 r14)
4. JK Ultima sport (185/65 r14)

Thanks in advance for you inputs.
rockygidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 10:59   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockygidz View Post
Looking for budget tyres. I do Highways once in a month.

Need inputs please.

I have narrowed down to these tyres.
1. Maxxis (205/60 r14)
2. Yokohama Earth 1 (185/65 r14)
3. Falken Azenis PT722 (205/60 r14)
4. JK Ultima sport (185/65 r14)

Thanks in advance for you inputs.
Out of the 4, it is an easy choice. Simply go for the "Yokohoma Earth 1" tyres. They are made specifically for the Indian/Asian sub-continents and I use these tyres in exactly the same size. Did 30K kms till now and they are very very good
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote