Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 08:41   #166
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
There are plenty of tires in this range which includes Yokohama, Hankook, Continental and many more. It would be difficult to choose one but I would suggest to choose from the one I have mentioned.

http://www.clicktyre.com/Search_tyre...tyreSizeRim=15
I've looked around and am confused between the Earth 1 and DB. Michelin also has a few tyres in this range but my understanding is that they would be made of a softer compound? I will be driving on some untared terrain so need a tyre that can handle some rough roads. By the way, I read that you were also looking at a similar tyre size, what did you upgrade to?

Side note: The link you posted has a 401 error.
throttlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 12:49   #167
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: WB26T
Posts: 125
Thanked: 463 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
I've looked around and am confused between the Earth 1 and DB. Michelin also has a few tyres in this range but my understanding is that they would be made of a softer compound? I will be driving on some untared terrain so need a tyre that can handle some rough roads. By the way, I read that you were also looking at a similar tyre size, what did you upgrade to?

Side note: The link you posted has a 401 error.
I was initially going to install Earth1. Earth1 has got many good reviews and there are many Kolkata bhpians who has this tyre and pretty happy with it. Earth1 is made of mixed compound, not too hard not too soft but the side walls are definitely better than stock Goodyear tyres.

Michelins are comparatively softer compound.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ned-india.html (Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India))
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 08:36   #168
BHPian
 
Dr.Abhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bathinda, Pb
Posts: 165
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

finally after running 48k original goodyear assurance, I changed car shoes to apollo apterra hls with a little upgrade to 205/65-15. Goodyear sidewall were strong and gave good life even after ladakh, zanskar, kalpa tours. although they locked easily on panick braking and I also experienced aquaplaning on one or two occasions. At the time of change they were good for 10k more kms, but i opted to change.
I had shortlisted Bridgestone B390 and Apollo Apterra hls and finally chose apterra hls for its blocky tread pattern persuming to be helpful in providing traction on gravely surface we encounter on rocky mountains(where goodyear were pathetic).
Apollo apterra hls 206/65-15 94T M+S price 4900/ tyre with complimentary wheel alignment and balancing. Goodyear buy back was 500/tyre.
now planning for impeding Spiti trip.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 00:48   #169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: 38 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I have added the Rogers Suspension / Shocks kit to soften the ride. It cost Rs. 8500 and was worth it. The car does not hit the potholes with that hard a recoil and is in general a lot lot more comfortable.
Planning to get these for my ecosport. How is this performing currently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/s...15223-cat.html

Ordered Rogers from their online site itself.

They have poor SEO SEM so the site does not pop up in an internet search easily. The product is quite good.
The site isn't working and unable to find this product online. Local shops are yet to quote the price on this product. Any other options to get these sourced.
Eyas337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 00:53   #170
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,061
Thanked: 2,193 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Planning to get these for my ecosport. How is this performing currently?



The site isn't working and unable to find this product online. Local shops are yet to quote the price on this product. Any other options to get these sourced.
Performing well

Call +91-9227552299
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 17:27   #171
BHPian
 
raj84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 187
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have changed my stock Goodyear Assurance 205/60/r16 to Yokohama Aspec A348 215/60/r16 after 45000kms. This is the set Ecosport Rules recently changed to.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3940447 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Reason for changing - Old goodyear assurance had no tread left at 45000kms and the ride was getting hard.The handling was still good, though on wet road i never took risk and always took the corners slowly.The ride was still good at higher speed as when new.Only the low speed ride was harsh. No punctures at all and apart from poor dry grip(felt on inclines) the Goodyear assurance was a very good tyre.

Requirement from new tyre - Only one primary requirement - "Comfort". Was longing to have good ride comfort. So looked at Michelin Primacy 3ST in stock size.But faster wear rate reviews had me look elsewhere. Then read ecosport rules review on his new set of Yoko Aspec A348 though an upsize at 215/60/r16.He had mentioned about better ride comfort due to added sidewall. So decided on the same set.

Cost me 8500 per tyre from New Bharath Tyres Trivandrum,which is a rip off considering the same set cost ecosport rules only 7600.Lack of availabilty of this set at other stores left me with no choice but go with New Bharath. They had to order it as it was not a model and size they had in stock.

After changing to new set, though I felt that ride had improved I was not very sure if that was a subtantial improvement over the stock size.The pressure was 32psi all round.But after 1000kms and maybe at a lower psi now, it feels very plush compared to stock size when it was new.So very happy within the limits of the maximum this car can deliver being tuned mostly for handling. The extra width means there is definitely a noticeable drop in power.Makes me long for a powerful car now.Maybe a 5bhp drop.Handling wise I dont feel much difference as I was very happy with Goodyear as well.So maybe I am still under the safe limit of cornering.No visible improvement in how the car looks due to extra width.Looks same as before

Pros:-
Ride Comfort
Similar or better handling
Less body roll
No problem with tyres hitting the wheel arch as profile remains same at 60

Cons:-
Slight loss of power noticeable during acceleration as expected due to extra width
Speed/Odo error - 100kms would be 98.x kms
Perhaps warranty on suspension, being an upsize.
Maybe ABS would not work as designed due to upsize though I am not sure about that
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5493.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5465.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5459.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5472.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5490.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5487.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5476.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag5452.jpg  

raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 23:00   #172
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 225
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
I have changed my stock Goodyear Assurance 205/60/r16 to Yokohama Aspec A348 215/60/r16 after 45000kms. This is the set Ecosport Rules recently changed to.
Considering Ecosport has same sized spare, its always recommended to rotate 5 tyres instead of 4. This will give u a higher life than just using 4 tyres. Rubber degrade over time so there is no point keeping a perfectly unused spare for years.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 14:50   #173
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I have added the Rogers Suspension / Shocks kit to soften the ride. It cost Rs. 8500 and was worth it. The car does not hit the potholes with that hard a recoil and is in general a lot lot more comfortable.
.
Wow ! Impressive. If it can do as what it says on the web pages and videos.

Have been struggling with the way it has been handling the gaps on bridges and bumps generally.
1. Can you tell me the areas where we can actually feel the improvement.
2. Also I think the EcoSport is already good in the ground clearance, the video says it is going to go up a little. Wont that be too much ?

The suspension, the way it has been handling patchy/bad roads have been terrible.
I used to borrow my brother-in-laws Corolla Altis, or his cousins Duster to take my wife to hospital while she was pregnant !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
The site isn't working and unable to find this product online. Local shops are yet to quote the price on this product. Any other options to get these sourced.
I just logged in, they even have a chat assistant.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 01:46   #174
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: 38 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I just logged in, they even have a chat assistant.
Thanks, saw few days back - their site was working. Probably something was wrong initially when I checked. I got RogersAB installed today on my ecosport for Rs. 6200, yet to get the feel of it / improvement areas.

Despite all the positive reviews on Ecosport ride quality (though it being on the stiffer side), what I've felt (my experience) is that Ecosport isn't good for those with aged parents or one's suffering with back pain. There is lot of tossing around of passengers (including driver), involved when driving on a bad patch of road. Not sure if the leather seats (not much cushioning effect) and no hand grab support in the Tit+ version (due to 6 airbags) add to the misery.
Eyas337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 09:22   #175
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Thanks, saw few days back - their site was working. Probably something was wrong initially when I checked. I got RogersAB installed today on my ecosport for Rs. 6200, yet to get the feel of it / improvement areas.
Great to know !

I am yet to get one booked ! I am talking to their personnel by name Jatin Patel !

Where did you get this done?

And of course your feedback on the same would be great ! Let's wait till you munch some miles and bad roads on Rogerab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post




Despite all the positive reviews on Ecosport ride quality (though it being on the stiffer side), what I've felt (my experience) is that Ecosport isn't good for those with aged parents or one's suffering with back pain. There is lot of tossing around of passengers (including driver), involved when driving on a bad patch of road. Not sure if the leather seats (not much cushioning effect) and no hand grab support in the Tit+ version (due to 6 airbags) add to the misery.

Very true !

Clearance is an advantage, but the suspension is always on the stiffer side. Which makes long travels off highways not so pleasant!

I have always felt that the car should have a better/softer suspension and a bit more stability on corners !

As per what is mentioned on the Rogerab page, it should help improve the current condition for both !
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 00:03   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: 38 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Great to know !

Where did you get this done?

And of course your feedback on the same would be great ! Let's wait till you munch some miles and bad roads on Rogerab
I got the RogersAB suspension installed at Hyderabad, Madhapur @ xenex. Drove about 1000 kms (1k) post installation - highway driving mostly. I must say, the ride quality has gone terribly bad even @ tyre pressure of 32 PSI.

On smooth roads at high speeds - feels like I'm sitting in a speed boat against wavy turf.

On bad patches of road - even in the driver seat, I feel very uncomfortable with a lot of crazy frog like jumping.

The rear passengers complaint of very harsh ride experience. I will get this checked once during my first service scheduled for this Saturday and get them removed.

Probably not meant for Ecosport
Eyas337 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 14:11   #177
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I got the RogersAB suspension installed at Hyderabad, Madhapur @ xenex. Drove about 1000 kms (1k) post installation - highway driving mostly. I must say, the ride quality has gone terribly bad even @ tyre pressure of 32 PSI.

On smooth roads at high speeds - feels like I'm sitting in a speed boat against wavy turf.

On bad patches of road - even in the driver seat, I feel very uncomfortable with a lot of crazy frog like jumping.

The rear passengers complaint of very harsh ride experience. I will get this checked once during my first service scheduled for this Saturday and get them removed.

Probably not meant for Ecosport
Oh thats terrible !

Infact that should save my pain of looking at it as an option.

I assume you are covered with the free return policy of the company. (Mr. Jatin Patel had mentioned this to me on call)

Looks like we all will have to live with what the company has given us.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 14:44   #178
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 104
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Can anyone suggest me a tyre upgrade with the default MRFs that come with the Ecosport that'll help make the ride a little more comfortable? I am not a rough driver and I don't think I'll do off-roading. Any options from Yokohoma that is similar to Michelin's Primacy 3 ST (P3ST) in terms of comfort but don't cost as much?
komalthecoolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 15:55   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Can anyone suggest me a tyre upgrade with the default MRFs that come with the Ecosport that'll help make the ride a little more comfortable? Any options from Yokohoma that is similar to Michelin's Primacy 3 ST (P3ST) in terms of comfort but don't cost as much?
Yokohama's DB series is equivalent to Michelin's P3ST - both are designed for low noise, comfort and grip. I'm not sure of the pricing, but it should be cheaper than the Michelins. The DB tyres come in the correct 205/60R16 size for your Titanium+ EcoSport.

Last edited by arunphilip : 19th October 2016 at 15:57.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 17:01   #180
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 104
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Yokohama's DB series is equivalent to Michelin's P3ST - both are designed for low noise, comfort and grip. I'm not sure of the pricing, but it should be cheaper than the Michelins. The DB tyres come in the correct 205/60R16 size for your Titanium+ EcoSport.
Thanks Arun, I know you had upgraded your tyres as well. Was it a noticeable difference in ride quality? I don't want to upgrade just for the sake of it as it is usually a temptation for new owners.
komalthecoolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread kryptonite Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 125 8th December 2016 13:28
Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread anarchy_99 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 413 26th October 2016 06:33
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Invinsible Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 464 1st October 2016 12:49
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Turbanator Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 54 26th May 2016 15:12
Fiat Palio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread shahmotors Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 635 9th February 2016 06:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks