Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 6th June 2006, 19:16   #1
Question imported tires warranty question

hey guys
i searched around but didnt really find an answer to this question on team-bhp... just about to buy new tires for my car. just had a question:

suppose if i buy a set of imported tires (say yokohama ES100's) from a good dealer (non-grey market), should i expect a warranty for it?? and if yes, is the warranty from the dealer or manfacturer?

I was under the impression that imported tires wont have manfacturer warranty because they are not locally produced.. also if a dealer does not give any kind of warranty then for all you know he might give a set of old-stock tires or somethin...i'm not sure if all you guys are buying tires with or w/o warranty! help a newbie here! what should i do?
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 23:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dealers will give you a warranty. And every tyre has the month of manufacture printed onto it. Make sure all tyres come from the same batch.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote