Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 19th September 2013, 01:40   #1

Question Correct size of wheel nuts for the Maruti 800 ?

Can anyone please tell me what the correct size of wheel nuts for the Maruti 800 is ? I need to know all the dimensions (angle of tapered seat, thread size etc.).

This is the type of format (for example) that I see on the internet on eBay but I do not know what these dimensions mean: "M12mm x 1.25, 60 degree tapered seat."

Can someone explain and quote the Maruti 800 dimensions. I want to order suitable nuts on-line for my alloys for my Maruti 800 because I can't find suitable ones locally and I wouldn't want to order them in the wrong dimensions [confused]
pfspeeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 03:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Arrow Re: Correct size of wheel nuts for the Maruti 800 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfspeeddemon View Post
"M12mm x 1.25, 60 degree tapered seat."
I don't remember the exact size of the Maruti 800 lug nuts.
The first number, M12 is the size of the nut head, namely 12mm.

1.25 is called pitch or thread spacing. It denotes the spacing between threads.

The tapered seat is the part of the nut that makes contact with the wheel. In this case, at a 60 degree angle, it will make perfect contact with the wheel when tightened.

Note that if you've swapped out the OEM wheels, you may need a different size.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2013 at 03:45.
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 00:41   #3

Default Re: Correct size of wheel nuts for the Maruti 800 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
I don't remember the exact size of the Maruti 800 lug nuts.
The first number, M12 is the size of the nut head, namely 12mm.

1.25 is called pitch or thread spacing. It denotes the spacing between threads.

The tapered seat is the part of the nut that makes contact with the wheel. In this case, at a 60 degree angle, it will make perfect contact with the wheel when tightened.

Note that if you've swapped out the OEM wheels, you may need a different size.
Thanks very much for your feedback, aah78. I bought the M12mm x 1.25 nuts today, they are actually the correct size of nuts for the Maruti 800. You are correct about the 1.25 being the pitch (i.e.thread spacing) and the 60 degree tapered seating but the M12mm is the diameter of the stud the nuts will fit onto and not the size of the nut head. The size of the nut head is hex 19mm. This was explained to me by the vulcanizer who sold me the nuts. I was glad to have found them locally even though I paid more than if I bought them online, at least if they weren't the correct size it would be easier to return them and get a refund locally rather incurr return postage costs and then hope for a refund if I had ordered online. Mind you, if I was 100% sure about the size I would have definitely got them online becuase I hate paying more for the exact same item. By the way, these nuts fit fine with the after-market alloys that I have.
pfspeeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote