Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 26th August 2017, 17:16   #331
BHPian

Default Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
For my Honda City 2011 VMT, I changed the stock Goodyears to Pirellis - Cinturato P1. The Goodyears had done about 30,000 km in 4 years so the change. I did not want the same tyres again as I wanted less noisier tyres and my experience of pressure holding in Goodyears was not great. The P1 in contrast makes very low noise at high speeds or on concrete roads. I have found them to be great for handling in city as well as highway conditions. I typically don't exceed a speed of 90 kmph, rarely at 100 kmph, so I would not know performance for speed higher than these. The tyres also hold air pressure for quite sometime. I check it every week without fail and I have to top up once in 15 days or so. I have not noticed any drop in mileage either.

The dealer from whom I bought them recommended nitrogen filling but I don't have a petrol pump on my commute which has a nitrogen air stations, so I fill normal air.
Bumping up an old post.Just wanted to know what was your overall experience with the P1. When did you finally change them?
I had changed my tyres to P1 and had a good experience initially.But after 1.5 years one tyre had a sidewall puncture
fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 00:16   #332

Default Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Been using the MC5 on the Linea and super happy with them, planning to upgrade my 2011 City to the same tyres. Excellent handling, low noise and fantastic grip and comfort are the reasons I have decided to stick to them.
I am using MC5 on my 2014 city since January 2017. Done about 6.5k on them. Extremely happy with these set of shoes. I think they are a good mix between noise and hardness.

Planing a 700km drive on Saturday. Hope it's a comfortable one.
AkshatR is offline   Reply With Quote