Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 10th August 2015, 19:43   #16
Default Re: Bridgestone A290 Vs Bridgestone Turanza Vs Michelin XM2

I have used both Bridgestone turanza ( on Palio S10), Michelin XM2 (on City )
Out of these Michelin is a much better tyre in all aspects except toughness. They are frequently prone to punctures when driven on bad roads. Turanza not as grippy as XM2, but more resistant to punctures and side wall damages, so select according to usage conditions.
For bad roads , another option i would recommend is MRF ZLO. I have used it (185/70 R 14) on my Swift which I have driven extensively on bad roads of Maharashtra ( in places like miraj, ghat sections such as Fonda ghat etc) without any side wall damage and minimal punctures.
The grip levels with these tyres are very good, especially in the wet, infact the grip levels are comparable to Turanzas!!
Also these cost much less than the other 2 tyres.

Last edited by i_see : 10th August 2015 at 19:44.
i_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 23:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you are willing to look away from the list then I would recommend the Continental Comfort Contact 5 or the CC5. It is made in India, for local road conditions, I have them on my Swift Zxi in the exact same size of 185/70R14 for nearly 8 months now and driven daily for 10-15 kms over roads no different than those in Bombay. The are quiet, grippy and very comfortable going over the holes

Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
I am planning to upgrade my tyre to 185/70 R14 88H and have narrowed down between Bridgestone and Michelin.

I am looking for tyres which could handle the rough roads of Mumbai filled with potholes.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 03:10   #18

I have a Ritz with Yokohama A-drives. These are excellent budget tyres. Quite (no screeching around), good grip and strong. In fact they are good enough to have won me 3 autocross events (i.e. driving like a maniac on dirt) with their grip and linear and progressive nature (i.e., when pushed hard, they give excellent feedback and do not snap on the driver, thus making them safe and very forgiving).
Even after literally abusing them, they still go strong with no obvious signs of damage.
(link (Maruti Suzuki Autocross at Autocar Performance Show. EDIT: Video, Pics & Report added))

I have them on my Innova too. Totally in love with them.

If you want more grip, then the Yokohama C-drives are a good option. At a higher cost than the A-drives though.

Last edited by jalsa777 : 11th August 2015 at 03:13.
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 20:35   #19
Default Re: Maruti Ritz: My wheel & tyre upgrades - settled down after 4th set of rims

Love the final look of the wheels though the red lip looked good, too. Even I just got a set of alloy wheels for my new Swift with ET 28. No wheel arch fouling probably because the arches are larger. Just wondering if the suspension, steering and bearings will be OK.
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote