Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 9th July 2004, 15:14   #16

i was never knew that tube r also rated. i thought they r only for storing the air in them. i would like to know more abt them........ what will be the result if we have some inferior tubes..
ravi_28_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 22:29   #17

Ok not exactly on topic, but tyre related...

In F1, slicks have the most grip right? So shouldn't tyre grip increase (in dry conditions) as the tread wears out? I'm obviously missing out on something obvious (age of tyre?) here.. hit me on the head with it please.

This dumb idea occured to me when I was sitting in a rick at Andheri watching this taxi go by with 'slicks'.
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 23:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Technically yes, grip will improve only if the tyres are completely bald and only in dry conditions. Practically however, it would be an insane idea to run your car on bald tyres, as you never know when they're gonna give away.

Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 23:18   #19
Team-BHP Support

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Shan2nu, GTO, without meaning to sound rude, I really fail to understand how or why you continue to drive one of the fastest cars in India on stock tubbed rubber.
LOL, I know dude. Thats why I said that the irony in my house - The fastest car is also the ONLY one with stock and tube type rubber.

Let me put it this way, C Class - German Goodyears, Mahindra - Michelin all terrains, Esteem - Michelin MXF Sport Tubeless, Previous Vtec - Eagle F1's...all my cars have always had upgraded rubber. When I upgraded the Esteem rubber in 1996 to 175 Bridgestone SF215's tubeless, people thought I was crazy.

Its just that my Vtec didnt come with speakers but came with tyres. Thats why i went for the system first. Also, I want to upgrade the tyre and rim to 15" together.

Also the fact that I bought a second hand one, and the tyres would have got peanuts in the exchange for new rubber. Whereas your brand new Skoda tyres would have got a fantastic exchange price.

Will happen soon, promise y'all that!

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote