Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 5th April 2011, 16:55   #346

Default Re: Baleno Wheel thread

Guys,

Need quick help,I am set to make a purchase tommo for new shoes for my Baleno 2006 LXI.The shortlist is between Michelin XM1 Vs Bridgestone Potenze Vs Appolo Accelere.Apollo is the cheapest and currently being used.
"Rim Upgrade if decide to" -Still two minded whether to change to alloys or upgrade to Swift VDI R14 Rims.My financially conservative self says the Swift Rims should work well.Need support on those views from your experience.Still have one more night to think!
Size would be 185/70 R-13 or 195/60 R-14.
I know I am in a hurry .Please advise.

Regards,
Bismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 00:37   #347
Senior - BHPian

bismark the swift's stock rims can be fitted to the baleno. Its 14 inch and the PCD is 100 same as the baleno. If you can source stock swift rims stick to 195/60/R14, works well. Tires !! depends on your budget. If you are on a tight budget then stick to the Accelere's and they are VFM, else take a look at the other options.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 13:26   #348
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to get any 15 inch steel rims that can be fitted in a Baleno? And would any such rims can be fitted with 195/55/R15 profile tires?
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 16:41   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Is it possible to get any 15 inch steel rims that can be fitted in a Baleno? And would any such rims can be fitted with 195/55/R15 profile tires?
ANHC steel rims. But do check before buying.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 22:53   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
ANHC steel rims. But do check before buying.
Thanks for the pointer kp. Will check the specs before buying. Thanks..
Old 30th April 2011, 14:25   #351
dww

hi,

I need to change my Baleno Vxi's tyres. Currently running Michelin XM1 205/55 R1's. It feels very racy and planted. However, I plan to get a slightly higher profile tyre this time round.

I think I will stick to Michelins this time too. How are the Energy 195/65 R15's? I know a lot of people have this size tyre with 14 inch rims, but does anyone know how it is with 15 inchers?

Also, regarding price, I was quoted 5k + taxes at a tyre showroom in Indira Nagar, I forget its name (on the Subway road, first left after entering 100 ft Road from Airport Road flyover). Is there any place I can get a better deal?

thanks,
dww
dww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:10   #352
Senior - BHPian

Need to know about the offset of Corolla or ANHC steel rims and if it will suit 195/55-R15 tyres on the Baleno.

Also best place to get 4 mint rims? Other than Bgl Gujri.
May just pick it up from the Toyota Spares shop.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 15:23   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Need to know about the offset of Corolla or ANHC steel rims and if it will suit 195/55-R15 tyres on the Baleno.

Also best place to get 4 mint rims? Other than Bgl Gujri.
May just pick it up from the Toyota Spares shop.
Daniel,

Hope you know that specs of Corolla and Altis wheel is different.
Corolla 100 x 4 holes
Altis 100 x 5 holes

Corolla rims with 195/55-15 tires is a perfect combo.
But, you might have to do some jugaad with the lug nuts. Stock bolts of Swift were small for the corolla alloys. So, do check before buying.
IIRC, offset is 42.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 23:03   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Daniel,

Hope you know that specs of Corolla and Altis wheel is different.
Corolla 100 x 4 holes
Altis 100 x 5 holes

Corolla rims with 195/55-15 tires is a perfect combo.
But, you might have to do some jugaad with the lug nuts. Stock bolts of Swift were small for the corolla alloys. So, do check before buying.
IIRC, offset is 42.
Thanks Prajesh,

Yup yup I understand only the vanilla Corolla steel rims or alloys will do.

Am fed up of the bangalore bad roads bending alloys. Two of my alloys are warped.
Just want a black rims to fit my 195mm tyre.

Also why would the stock lugs of the Baleno or the usual 'vanadium' nuts not fit on the corolla rim?
Old 13th May 2011, 23:23   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Thanks Prajesh,

Yup yup I understand only the vanilla Corolla steel rims or alloys will do.

Am fed up of the bangalore bad roads bending alloys. Two of my alloys are warped.
Just want a black rims to fit my 195mm tyre.

Also why would the stock lugs of the Baleno or the usual 'vanadium' nuts not fit on the corolla rim?
I suggest ya better check with this guy called mclaren or something. Someone has already tried Corolla rims on Baleno, IIRC he is the one.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 23:37   #356
Senior - BHPian

He has/had 1st gen 6 spoke Corolla alloys. Not the steel rims. No issues at all. looks pretty good painted black color as well.

Am going backward and want to make sure the 195mm tyres are okay on the corolla steel rims. unless am able to source the newer gen multi spoke alloys of the vanilla corolla.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:13   #357
Senior - BHPian

Alright all resources leading to a dead end.
Original Corolla Rims from Toyota showroom need to be ordered at 1800+ taxes each!! Those silly alloys at about 5800+taxes

Anyone have any leads on a set of Corolla rims/alloys at a reason rate.

Last edited by IronWolf : 24th May 2011 at 13:21.
Old 11th August 2011, 02:42   #358
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Need your valuable inputs again. It's almost time to change the shoes for my Baleno (yeah, I'm not selling her). Currently running Yokohama S-drives (195/55/R15) and they are pretty good tires. They would probably last me another 4-5k kms. Actually the front tires have gone more than the rear ones. As of now I've removed replaced the front tires with the rear ones and one of the earlier front now rear tire with the spare tire (Apollo Acceler 195/55/R15) which was in never used condition. So I would atleast have to change one rear tire very soon. But instead of changing one tire now and two tire later I'm thinking of changing all of them together. So I would like to know what are the options I've in this profile i.e. 195/55/R15. Around 3-4 months back when I inquired at Sai Iyengar(they are close to place) they've told me that they don't have any stock on this size. How is the situation now?
Also I would probably change to non-directional tires this time instead of Uni-direction ones like the S-drives. The biggest issue with uni-directional ones are Tire rotations as I can only switch the front and rear tires of the same side. Hence this time I would like to go for non-directional, asymmetrical set of tires. Please advice me on what should look for and what would be approximate cost of these tires. I can as of now think about Michelin Energy XM1+ but I'm not sure if they have tires in the size that I'm looking for. Any other suggestion?
Old 11th August 2011, 22:43   #359
Senior - BHPian

I shod my baleno with Yokohama C drives 185/65/14 a few days back. Am very impressed with the grip and comfort levels. They costed me about 3950 per tire. The feeling of going around a corner at about 70-80 kmph and the overall car behavior with these yokos is something to be experienced.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 11:28   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s
Hi All,
Need your valuable inputs again. It's almost time to change the shoes for my Baleno (yeah, I'm not selling her). Currently running Yokohama S-drives (195/55/R15) and they are pretty good tires. They would probably last me another 4-5k kms. Actually the front tires have gone more than the rear ones. As of now I've removed replaced the front tires with the rear ones and one of the earlier front now rear tire with the spare tire (Apollo Acceler 195/55/R15) which was in never used condition. So I would atleast have to change one rear tire very soon. But instead of changing one tire now and two tire later I'm thinking of changing all of them together. So I would like to know what are the options I've in this profile i.e. 195/55/R15. Around 3-4 months back when I inquired at Sai Iyengar(they are close to place) they've told me that they don't have any stock on this size. How is the situation now?
Also I would probably change to non-directional tires this time instead of Uni-direction ones like the S-drives. The biggest issue with uni-directional ones are Tire rotations as I can only switch the front and rear tires of the same side. Hence this time I would like to go for non-directional, asymmetrical set of tires. Please advice me on what should look for and what would be approximate cost of these tires. I can as of now think about Michelin Energy XM1+ but I'm not sure if they have tires in the size that I'm looking for. Any other suggestion?
The problem is in that size not too many options are available. I think the only thing available is Maxxis MA-Z1.

I'll find out what is available and post here. Michelin XM1+ is definitely not possible in that size.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote