Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 20:24   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,527
Thanked: 2,646 Times
Default Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Upgraded Bridgestone B390 205/65/16 to Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65/16. Diameter variance is 1.93% I want the wheel well to look more filled up and also prefer additional sidewall height for the roads i drive on, thus opted for this size.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20160716_201045.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20160716_201130.jpg

Name:  variance.jpg
Views: 6783
Size:  105.4 KB

http://www.michelin.com.au/AU/en/tir...imacy-SUV.html

Some details reg this tyre, i wasn't able to find anything on Indian sites
http://autobuzz.my/2015/10/michelin-...rt-from-rm440/

Last edited by Sankar : 16th July 2016 at 20:37.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 16:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,256
Thanked: 78,603 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Congrats on the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Upgraded Bridgestone B390 205/65/16 to Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65/16. Diameter variance is 1.93% I want the wheel well to look more filled up and also prefer additional sidewall height for the roads i drive on, thus opted for this size.
Wow, that's a 2.6% higher diameter than even the ZX's 215/55 R17 size. Hows the clearance on full lock?

Never heard of the Primacy SUV before. Grey market? How much was the difference you paid?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 18:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,527
Thanked: 2,646 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the upgrade.



Wow, that's a 2.6% higher diameter than even the ZX's 215/55 R17 size. Hows the clearance on full lock?
No issues on full lock, it clears everything with gap to spare.

ZX's 215/55/17 tyre diameter is smaller than the stock GX or VX which comes with 205/65/16. Compared to stock tyre in my GX the variance is only 1.93%.

Quote:
Never heard of the Primacy SUV before. Grey market? How much was the difference you paid?
I havent heard about these tyres before, hope they serve well keeping in mind the fact that Michelin developed this for asiapacific region. I bought them from a Michelin dealer. Paid 31k after exchange.

Last edited by Sankar : 18th July 2016 at 18:56.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,527
Thanked: 2,646 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I did a Tvm - Blore - Tvm drive this weekend in the van and the drive was awesome. The tyres are really good and offered great road grip with improved braking performance. I cannot comment on wet performance as the conditions were mostly dry during this trip. The tyre noise was very minimal, not enough to be noticed on Innova.

Last edited by Sankar : 3rd August 2016 at 20:45.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:27   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello Sankar,

The upgrade looks nice on the Crysta If possible please do share some more pictures from other angles just to get a feel of how the vehicle looks with the wider tyres!!
rahulb22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 20:38   #6
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 191
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

hi,
Nice upgrade there. What is the rim width of the stock 16 inch alloys?

Just wondering the maximum width of the tyres that can be used.

Thanks
differential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:53   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello Sankar,

I am swapping tyres on the GX automatic today. I was thinking Michelin latitude.

How are these tyres fairing?

Benny
beejay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:19   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,527
Thanked: 2,646 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Hello Sankar,

I am swapping tyres on the GX automatic today. I was thinking Michelin latitude.

How are these tyres fairing?

Benny
My tyres are Primacy SUV, not latitude and are excellent tyres, you will not be disappointed. As on date have driven 14000Km on these tyres and no complaints. Good ride, road holding, braking, no noise (so far), and no damages so far. Happy with them.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 07:21   #9
BHPian
 
harsha.muvva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 223
Thanked: 329 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
My tyres are Primacy SUV, not latitude and are excellent tyres, you will not be disappointed. As on date have driven 14000Km on these tyres and no complaints. Good ride, road holding, braking, no noise (so far), and no damages so far. Happy with them.
Hi,

How are the tyres doing??
I am planning to go for these tyres on my Endeavour in 265/60/R18. I feel that they will be much better than the stock MRF tyres in every aspect except off-roading as michelin as H/T and MRF wanderer are A/T tyres. I wanted to know how the michelin Primacy SUV tyres are faring on potholes, bad roads..etc.

I have used Michelin P3st and xm2 over last 5 years on different vehicles and completely satisfied with them.
harsha.muvva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 10:58   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,527
Thanked: 2,646 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Hi,

How are the tyres doing??
I am planning to go for these tyres on my Endeavour in 265/60/R18. I feel that they will be much better than the stock MRF tyres in every aspect except off-roading as michelin as H/T and MRF wanderer are A/T tyres. I wanted to know how the michelin Primacy SUV tyres are faring on potholes, bad roads..etc.

I have used Michelin P3st and xm2 over last 5 years on different vehicles and completely satisfied with them.
Tyres are doing great. Rides the same when they were new and right now completed 22300Kms with these on. Bad roads, potholes, no roads, high speeds, no noise - everything its taking in its stride. I have used XM2 before and now with the Primacy also I am a happy Michelin user. I'm now of the belief that with Michelin one can't go wrong, for the next change I might go for Michelin again
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 20:14   #11
BHPian
 
vsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Today is the anniversary day for this thread . Thanks Sankar, for valuable information on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Tyres are doing great. Rides the same when they were new and right now completed 22300Kms with these on. Bad roads, potholes, no roads, high speeds, no noise - everything its taking in its stride. I have used XM2 before and now with the Primacy also I am a happy Michelin user. I'm now of the belief that with Michelin one can't go wrong, for the next change I might go for Michelin again
Hi Sankar,
In 215/65/R16 size, I found only two varieties in Micheline (Primacy SUV and LXT Force). Is there any particular reason for you choosing Primacy? Why not LXT Force?

I want to upgrade the tyres immediately after the delivery, but have a small doubt whether the warranty of the vehicle may get effected (An error in speedometer may also lead to an error in odometer, over a period of time). Even though the error is negligible, the dealerships have a tendency to void warranty for silly things. Anyways, I am inclined towards up-sizing.

Last edited by vsun : 16th July 2017 at 20:16. Reason: typo error
vsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Akshay1234 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 315 2nd July 2017 19:55
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta sridhu In-Car Entertainment 70 4th June 2017 11:03
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread nkrishnap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 8th May 2017 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks