Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th July 2018, 06:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Great! Do write a quick review of them as you're among the few 205 users in PS4 as of now. Do try and run in your new tyres within the city before you set out to Mumbai.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2018, 10:04   #47
BHPian

Default Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Great! Do write a quick review of them as you're among the few 205 users in PS4 as of now. Do try and run in your new tyres within the city before you set out to Mumbai.

Here's a quick review post 1002 kms door to door journey clocked on PS4. Unfortunately I did not have time to run in the new tyres we set off the journey with only 40 odd kms clocked in the city with them.

Ride:
I was skeptical when changing from 55 sections to 50 and to my surprise, the ride seem much better with Michelin than it did with Yokos S drive ! Better softer compound maybe? Also, the steering feels a little lighter when parking ( maybe it's MOMO alloys?) Super happy with the ride.

Grip:
While my Yokos were prone to wheel spin (black bolt is a stage 2 car ) when going off the line, I was pleasantly surprised that these tyres would grip so well and minimise the spin. While driving I had both wet, intermediate wet and dry patches the grip was great!

Road Noise:
I couldn't differentiate it between the Yokos and Michelin here. Only the thud sounded a bit more rounded than harsh tone when hit with a sudden pothole at speeds sometimes! At serious speed u do hear them (not screeching) but the hummmm is there just like Yokos.

Tyre wear:
While I ate into my Yokos pairs the first one ( changed right after delivery ) in 29 k, next one in 20k ( they were alright but I change tyres before they completely wear off, given the driving style I won't wanna stretch them to the limit) I hope I can clock 40 k in these and only time will tell. One of the key reasons to upgrade from 15 inch to 16 inch given the lack of choice in the prior.

In short for approx 2k difference in price between Yoko S drive 205/55r15 and Michelin PS4 205/50r16 these tyres are a steal. Would surely recommend them !

Cheers!

Last edited by Blackbolt : 31st July 2018 at 10:07.
Blackbolt is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2018, 10:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Here's a quick review post 1002 kms door to door journey clocked on PS4.
Hi Blackbolt, how are the PS4s running in the city?
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote