Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 8th February 2018, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in

I've bought multiple sets of motorcycle tyres on Amazon from different sellers. I've not really had a problem with delivery schedules. However the biggest issue is the lack of clarity of the manufacturing date of the tyres. There might be seller comments that indicate this, but you can never be sure.

Now the jury is still out on whether tyres really 'age' if stored properly. Probably not, but I prefer to know what I'm getting for added peace of mind. It is also hugely inconvenient to load the tyres up and take them to a tyre shop for installation and alignment. I'd rather go to a reputed shop and get it all done in 30 minutes. The prices online and offline are usually very close.

The only reason to buy online is if you need a set of tyres that are not available in your town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYN View Post
He casually told me... he said Tires today come in 3 qualities.
That doesn't make much sense. Since he is selling tyres, his opinion is biased.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 15:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Changed my Duster tires yesterday from stock MRF to Yokohoma Geolander HT. The local shop price matched along with free installation, Wheel balancing and Alignement. Was looking to pickup from amazon as well, but didnt know we could contact seller to get the MFG dates. I was mainly avoiding amazon to weed out old stock.
Hi v6kgang,

Just stumbled upon your post now. This is an query.

I am having plans of buying exactly the same ones, the Yokohama Geolander HT (215/65/16). What is your feedback on these tyres? Where did you purchase them from and what was the cost?
Nalin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 15:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
What is your feedback on these tyres? Where did you purchase them from and what was the cost?
Hi Nalin, these tyres are whole lot better than stock MRF in terms of grip and reduced road noise. Quality is definitely a notch up, longevity is something i have doubts On, My MRF lasted 70K Kms, have to wait and see if this will go that far. Paid 8.5K (including fitment, alignment and balancing) per tyre in SNLP Pitstop in Varthur Road, Whitefield, bangalore.

Thanks
Krishna
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote