Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 8th January 2007, 02:21   #1

Default Where can I get my hands on these Gypsy alloys? + a few more Qs

Hi every1,

Finally managed to get pics of the kind of alloys I am looking for my Gypsy. Wanted to know where in Bombay can I get em and at what price?

One of my frds was suggesting visiting CST. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Moksh
Moksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 08:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

This is one of the most common design for Gypsy. They may not be so open in the market because there are not too many Gypsy buyers today.

Take a print of the same and start your hunt. If anybody has it...you may get a better deal. For seller, it will be stock clearing sale.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 16:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Moksh,

If you go to the line of shops near Minerva cinema, (Delhi tyres / Jain tyres etc??) i seem to remember them having some special tyres for gypsys etc so i guess they might have some wheels too.... worth a shot.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 16:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would advise you never to buy wheels from CST or another chor bazaar the wheels there are usually cracked or damaged. They are just refurbished so as to sell them

Since its a common design you could check out opera house or the dealers rehaan has mentioned. Could try Milan subway at Santacruz as well
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 02:33   #5
BHPian

just go to saifee in santacruz he'll take care of it n give you what you need
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 03:10   #6
BANNED

Cool For alloys

Hey,
Rather than going to cst u could go to Kurla market its in santacruz-E,
There is a new market come up off all alloys and car parts ,You will also get body parts and complete engines for cheap rate...There is a long lane you willl have to walk and garages on both the sides....i have seen such alloys there .

Cheers
WILDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 23:48   #7

Default Gypsy Alloy wheels - help needed!

Hi Every1,

Ok some people did write in to temme where to find the wheels I really really really want!
Preciate it big time

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...se-alloys.html

I keep reading about PSDs, bolt sizes. What do these alloys need to have so that they are a perfect match. I never thought I would say this but wanna sound geekish when I talk to the Alloy guy so he doesnt stick anything around my neck coz when I see this design I will be going nuts.

http://medicaltourism.ca/alloywheel.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Moksh

Note from Mod - No need to create a new thread for your queries, i have merged the threads

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th January 2007 at 02:35. Reason: Threads merged
Old 15th January 2007, 09:03   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I got a similar set of alloys on my Jeep, picked up from Saifee for 17000.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 01:16   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Bombay tyres @ milan subway ..........
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 00:39   #10

Now i'm depressed. :( I finally managed to get my lazy *** to both CST and Milan subway to check for the rims I want.(pic posted above). CST road vendors gave me a price point of 19k. I was like Woah! 19K at CST with no bill and warranty. Karan went to Bombay Tyres he had something similar but that also was for 19K :(. I was so hoping to get my hands on this for something like 10-12K. Would visiting Opera house help?

Any help appreciated. This is driving me nuts
Old 11th September 2007, 00:49   #11

Default Went to CST + Milan

Hi Guys,

I went to CST + Milan. CST vendors were offering me the 3 spoke for 19K and bombay tyres at Milan was also offering me a 3 spoke for 19K. Just find it too expensive :(. I saw a gypsy on route to CST road. White colour with the 3 spoke mags. Looked rocking.

Would visiting Opera house help? I would really like to get this in the 10-12K price range. 19K looks a lil steep for a 94 car :(. Help I'm goin insane

Any other suggestions how I could land my hands on these exact same designs for under 12K?
Old 11th September 2007, 03:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Moksh go to Saifee at Santacruz or Jogani Tyres at Lamington road (who also have a branch near juhu bandh) near the apsara cinema. You can do a lot of window shopping at LAmington road as there are a string of shops touching each other. Firstly dont see this design and get excited. Look for a gypsy wheel and ask the price, then move to a lower priced brand. pretend to notice this but not like it and enquire weakly about it. It should like Rudra da said be a clearance sale for the vendor as no one buys them any more.
One last piece, please dont buy from CST or Chor bazar. If you must do not pay more than 7-8k for a set of five good and new like wheels.
My advice, these wheels look passe get some hotter set or paint your existing steel wheels matt black and add a chrome trim and chrome nuts on the wheel. Instant hot looking gypsy, hardly any cost. With the money you save, spend it on the mods.. or save it in the high lift cam savings box for your Gypsy.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 10:59   #13

Default Two Gypsy models from (HR) Hijoin Racing Wheels

Hi ! Moksh,

We have two Gypsy Models available ( H-203 & H-355 ) from Hijoin Racing Wheels. To view pictures of the models , you can visit our website www.saimagwheels.com . If you need further information , do contact us.

Take care
Ratnabhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moksh View Post
Hi every1,

Finally managed to get pics of the kind of alloys I am looking for my Gypsy. Wanted to know where in Bombay can I get em and at what price?

One of my frds was suggesting visiting CST. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Moksh
ratnabhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 08:53   #14
Team-BHP Support

Default Gypsy Alloys -- Bangalore

Ok Guys, bumping this thread rather than opening a new one.

Few questions on Gypsy alloys:
  • Would the scorpio/safari alloys be ok for Gypsy? The reason I ask is that lots of safari/scorpio owners change their alloys and the stock alloys should possibly be available for a VFM price point
  • Where in bangalore could one look for these alloys which have been given to the dealer during the change. is there one specfic location/market or does one have to try the lady luck at many dealers/shops?
  • What should be the price to pay for such scorpio/safari alloys that have been left at the dealer?
Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 11:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey khan,

i dont think the pcd is the same for the gypsy and the safari/scorpio and if they do fit, max value for the alloys would be about 8 to 10k.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote