Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 2nd January 2009, 22:29   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
You are right, Ricky has Advanti Enkeis https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/733145-post424.html
What do you say about the price? 18k is alright?
18k seems to be a very decent price for original Enkeis.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:00   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What do you say about the price? 18k is alright?
I think it's overpriced since a set of 17"s was offered to me for 24k a while back. But again, you can't get this quality easily so the premium can be justified.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 22:11   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Even I love the Lenso designs.

Any idea about availability of Lenso Samurais in Chennai ?
I got a quote of 23k for 4 Lenso Samurais (The one that Amey has) in Chennai. I really like the quality and finish vis-a-vis the HR/Plati/League on display.

But I still feel 23k is slightly on the higher side. Any suggestions guys ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 09:51   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I got a quote of 23k for 4 Lenso Samurais (The one that Amey has) in Chennai. I really like the quality and finish vis-a-vis the HR/Plati/League on display.

But I still feel 23k is slightly on the higher side. Any suggestions guys ?
From where you got the quote dude 23k for 4 is on the higher side, it should be around 19k
Raxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 12:20   #140
BHPian

I am planning to change the tyres of m palio 1.2 02 model..
It is currently running Bridgestone (2 in the front with 80% life left) and 1 goodyear + 1 MRF at the rear with 50 % life left .. Wierd combination coz i got the used vehicle and that guy changed only necessary tired ! I get vibrations once the vehicle reaches 90 + speeds and not so confident cornering at good speeds. tyre size is 175/60 R 13 tube type on steel rims.

I am looking for a set of 4 or 5 R14 alloys with 185/60 R14 tubeless from bridgestone/goodyear !! is it the right upgrade ?? what can i do with my still rims and old tyres ? is there a place in bangalore where i can exchange these and get a good price on my purchase ?

I was quoted 15000 for a set of 5 14 inch alloys from plati.. is it worth ?? i enquired in a good year showroom for the alloys and tyres.. tyres 185/60 14" tubeless from good year are coming for 2900 a piece. what do you suggest guys ? any place where i can get good discount or bargain for my purchase in banglore??
and also where can i sell/exchange the old rims and tyres ?? plzzz help
kri$hna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 12:58   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
I am looking for a set of 4 or 5 R14 alloys with 185/60 R14 tubeless from bridgestone/goodyear !! is it the right upgrade ?? what can i do with my still rims and old tyres ? is there a place in bangalore where i can exchange these and get a good price on my purchase ?
:
For Right tyre size upgrades pls refer to
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html (ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car)
zerocritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:00   #142
BHPian

Quote:
I was quoted 15000 for a set of 5 14 inch alloys from plati.. is it worth ??
It depends on the design and finish. Is it Chrome or Black and silver in finish?

Quote:
is there a place in bangalore where i can exchange these and get a good price on my purchase ?

and also where can i sell/exchange the old rims and tyres ??
You hardly get anything for old rims.. its better to keep it with you and replace them when you plan to sell the vehicle.

Quote:
I tyres 185/60 14" tubeless from good year are coming for 2900 a piece. what do you suggest guys ?
Any reason why r u looking for only good year tyres? These tyres tend to wear out at a faster rate than many other brands in market.

Last edited by zerocritical : 15th January 2009 at 13:05.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
It depends on the design and finish. Is it Chrome or Black and silver in finish?
Its Silver .. i saw the design in catalogue.. looks more like original swift alloys design

Quote:
You hardly get anything for old rims.. its better to keep it with you and replace them when you plan to sell the vehicle.
yupp !! But 5 rims might not find a place in my house !! there is hardly any place left to prk my car .. it is parked outside the gate .. thts the reason i m looking to dispose offf the stuff that i can and may be get some useful money out of it as well

Quote:
Any reason why r u looking for only good year tyres? These tyres tend to wear out at a faster rate than many other brands in market.
again its the cost factor .. i actually want bridgestone .. havent met any dealer of bridgestone yet .. i just had a look at good year, falken and yokohama... need to zero onto one !!

I am thinking of changing alloys but 13' tires wont fit on 14' alloys.. thats the reason why i hav to look for tires as well now
Old 15th January 2009, 16:46   #144
BHPian

Quote:
again its the cost factor .. i actually want bridgestone .. havent met any dealer of bridgestone yet .. i just had a look at good year, falken and yokohama... need to zero onto one !!

I am thinking of changing alloys but 13' tires wont fit on 14' alloys.. thats the reason why i hav to look for tires as well now

Have you checked Sai Iyenger and sons? I got a good deal for my Yokos. I got 195/60/R14 for 3150 per piece. Also, local tyre dealers keep coming to him for old tyres so you can talk to him about old tyres as well.
There are around 3 of his shops.. one in domlur, another Near JC road.. i dont remember the 3rd shop..
Old 16th January 2009, 12:04   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked Sai Iyenger and sons? I got a good deal for my Yokos. I got 195/60/R14 for 3150 per piece. Also, local tyre dealers keep coming to him for old tyres so you can talk to him about old tyres as well.
There are around 3 of his shops.. one in domlur, another Near JC road.. i dont remember the 3rd shop..
I saw one sai iyengar and sons shop near urvashi theater.. is that the one ?? I ll be going there sometime this week and check out the stuff he has.. how much can i pay for a good set of alloys and tyres ??

Is plati a good brand ? as in quality and cost? how much can i pay for a set of 5 plati alloys ??
Old 16th January 2009, 14:18   #146
BHPian

Quote:
I saw one sai iyengar and sons shop near urvashi theater.. is that the one ?? I ll be going there sometime this week and check out the stuff he has.. how much can i pay for a good set of alloys and tyres ??

Is plati a good brand ? as in quality and cost? how much can i pay for a set of 5 plati alloys ??
Yes, I was talking about the one nr urvashi theater. Platis should be around 14 for a set of 5 (though not sure about the current price). Tires will cost you around 2.8k - 3.5k per tire(depends on brand)

I am personally using platis on my swift and am very happy with it. I find the cost too very competitive..
Old 19th April 2009, 10:30   #147
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Have you seen the alloys on the Nano? They are not alloys actually, but normal steel wheels designed to look like alloys. I think that's an excellent idea because most people buy alloys just for style. In fact some of the alloys in the market are actually quite heavy resulting in hardly any performance advantage. Any idea whether Nano type pseudo alloys are available.
Secondly, has anyone tried chroming the standard steel rims. Chrome finish alloys are quite popular. I think just chroming the steel wheels will look quite good. People are likely to mistake them for alloys.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 17:27   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

he said the auras and neo were indian made and were made using tata steel and the heaviest and strongest and not recommended because they were way too heavy, other wise there was no other brand avaliable at these prices that had this kind of strength!
As a foundry owner I can assure no automotive wheels are made of steel(except pressed steel wheels). These are cast wheels and made out of aluminium as the major component along with other elements to promote strength and stability. The lighter the wheels the better it is. Light wheels have low unsprung mass and lower rotational inertia. This helps with increased performance. Light wheels can be strong, take for example forged wheels, they are very light and extremely strong. I remember once when i was younger we had received an aircraft wheel as scrap and it took forever to break it down, we had a hard time cutting it into pieces small enough for the furnace. If you had to lift a steel wheel you would get a sore lower back picking it up !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
as far as i know alloy implies combination of two or more metals. In an alloy wheel alluminium is the major component along with magnesium. that is why they are some times called mag wheels. the dealer just bluffed because there is no steel in alloy wheels. Hindalco ( alluminium producer ) is manufacturer for Aura alloys. iam 100% sure it does not contain TATA steel.

Most of the imported stuff are from china and are made of chrome
Imported wheels from china are not made from chrome, chrome has a very high melting point and aluminium has a low melting point. Plus chrome is very expensive, this would drive up the cost of the wheels. Ferro Chrome is added to steel to make it into stainless steel along with nickel.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 7th May 2009 at 17:33.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 17:45   #149
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Has anyone tried out the Apollo Accelere Alloys?
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 11:57   #150
BANNED

Was checking this thread as I am looking to replace my existing set of alloys in Elantra. Current set was Lenso 15 inch and 3 had developed dents after 50k. Read in some posts in the same thread that Lenso is prone to damages on Indian road and I feel it is true from my experience. So I am considering Aura or Appolo axilar. Any suggestions? I live in South Banagalore and reference to any good dealers nearby is welcome. How much it costs approx for a set of 4 of 15inch alloy
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote