Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 3rd December 2009, 21:59   #166
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru,

Nice seeing you again with new idea. O.K if the five star one is good then can you point one from the picture, which looks better in your eyes. I understood that you mean the design 5 star. If you mean a brand let me know the dealer.If I get your suggestion I will look on Tuesday after my week end return.

Thgank you and see you soon
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 09:40   #167

check out the new momo collection, light weight and perfect for our road conditions
tyrestore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 12:27   #168
BHPian

Lowest Left one, the bottom left, that is what i liked the best, it would be nice if you could specify your budget, because there are much better alloys in the world like OZ and BBS
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 14:36   #169
BHPian

Second row, last one to the right. The conventional looking star. The choice is based on imaginging how it looks on a Ritz. Btw which brand is this?
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 11:19   #170
BHPian

Default Painting your wheels

I know wheels can make a HUGE difference in the look of your car. Sometimes you want a different look but dont want to spend a lot of money. Well here is something everyone can do and the results are excellent if you take your time to prep. I have a set of 18" wheels which were originally Silver, I got bored and painted them gold, hit a pot hole and after getting the repaired I painted them black. Here are all 3 on my car.

For more info and videos How to paint your wheels at home
Attached Thumbnails
Best brand of Alloys in the Indian market-m2.jpg  

Attached Images

Raj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 13:07   #171
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics!
I never knew Mini Coopers could look this good.
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 15:16   #172
BHPian

turn indicators on the bumpers look awesome...
sigh... we have to make do with the swift...
gunner fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 00:52   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Nice pics!
I never knew Mini Coopers could look this good.
You havent seen the half of it. I can post pix of these cars that will blow you away.
Raj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 14:26   #174
Senior - BHPian

Default Some queries for alloys on Alto

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting alloys for my Alto LX (2004). I have been going through posts about different brands & experiences that people have had with them, & I think I have made up my mind to go for an Indian brand like Aura, Neo or Appolo Accelere.

I just read in one of the posts on this thread that Aura has shut down, is it true?

There are two main reasons why I have decided on an Indian brand,
1. Availability of a single rim in case of any damage (according to posts found here). Plus, the manufacturer is located here & I have better chances of getting any replacements as well.
2. I personally feel more secure about the quality & strength as compared to the ones that are imported. I am not competent to judge the originality of an alloy by looking at it & hence I feel it would be safe to buy an Indian brand, although it might be less flashy.

I have a budget of max. 15K & I need a set of 5. I am planning to upsize the rims by an inch to 13'. The stock profile is 145/80 R12. From the information I have gathered over the internet, I feel that 155/65 would be the most suitable tyre profile, & the next would be 165/60.

My queries are:
1. Strength & durability being the primary concern, how would you rate the 3 brands (Neo, Aura, Appolo Accelere)?
2. Is the tyre profile mentioned correct (155/65 or 165/60)? If yes, which are the cost effective yet good options available? I have been using CEAT since many years now (Formula I) & am very happy. Although CEAT doesn't look very popular here.
3. While choosing an alloy, I have understood about PCD & its importance. But what are the other things to be kept in mind (like offset or hub diameter or any others) & what do they mean? Plus, what are the stock values for Alto LX (2004), like PCD is 100?
4. What is the width of the stock rim & what is the ideal width I should be looking at while buying an alloy for my car (Alto LX)? Would it be 5 inches (or 5J)?

I apologize for the long post, but didn't want to clog up the thread with multiple posts. Thank you for being patient enough to read through the entire post.

Please help with the above queries.

Thanks.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 14th March 2010 at 14:29.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 16:27   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Aura is closed.

Apollo Acelere isnt made in India. No such guarantee of getting a single wheel.

My vote would be for the Apollo Acelere wheelz. Extremely good quality and well priced.

15,000 is more than enough for an alloy wheel set.

155/65 R13 is a good size. No worries.

Alto is a simple 4-hole 100 PCD IIRC.

If you are getting alloys, get tubeless. Get Michelin XM1+. It will be priced around 2.6k per tyre. Bridgestone will be slightly cheaper but I think it's better to pay extra and go for the Michelin.

You will get wheels only with 5.5j in Apollo. In Neo, you might get 5j.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 16:56   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Aura is closed.

Apollo Acelere isnt made in India. No such guarantee of getting a single wheel.

My vote would be for the Apollo Acelere wheelz. Extremely good quality and well priced.

15,000 is more than enough for an alloy wheel set.

155/65 R13 is a good size. No worries.

Alto is a simple 4-hole 100 PCD IIRC.

If you are getting alloys, get tubeless. Get Michelin XM1+. It will be priced around 2.6k per tyre. Bridgestone will be slightly cheaper but I think it's better to pay extra and go for the Michelin.

You will get wheels only with 5.5j in Apollo. In Neo, you might get 5j.
Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for the prompt response. Most of my questions have been answered & about the single wheel thing, I will try to get it confirmed with some dealer of the same.
Also, I had tubeless tyres in mind, but have heard that Michelin is a soft compound tyre & hence does not last much (say around 60-65K). WHat do you think about this?

Nikhil, what do offset & hub diameter refer to? From the term "hub" I understand that it is that thing onto which the rim is tightened. Also tell how these things (offset & hub diameter) are important & how can these be taken care of.

Lastly, the NEO website lists only one dealer in Karol Bagh, do you know of any more dealers? Also guide towards some Appolo dealers?

Thanks once again & looking forward to your reply.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 11:14   #177
BHPian

Guys,
what alloys available for 98 PCD wheels and 14"?
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 17:14   #178
BHPian

Haven't you guys heard of PCW (Panther custom wheels) alloys? Have it on my 10 year old esteem and they are great.
suv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 20:43   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Guys,
what alloys available for 98 PCD wheels and 14"?
Zaks, HR has designs available in 98 PCD. Not sure whether 14" or not. Check www.alloywheelsindia.com or www.saimagwheels.com for further details.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 14:16   #180
BHPian

Where can i get to find Lenso wheels in chennai ? And can Chennai BHPians please post the list of alloy wheel dealers and its location where i can find some good collections.

I'm looking for 15x6J for i20. Budget can be stretched to 24k.

I also have a query. Chrome plated & machinised, which is more durable. I am of the opinion that Chrome plated alloys looses its shine in a few years. Is it true ?
Harshavarthan is offline   Reply With Quote