Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 27th November 2010, 17:23   #181

Default NEO alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Was checking this thread as I am looking to replace my existing set of alloys in Elantra. Current set was Lenso 15 inch and 3 had developed dents after 50k. Read in some posts in the same thread that Lenso is prone to damages on Indian road and I feel it is true from my experience. So I am considering Aura or Appolo axilar. Any suggestions? I live in South Banagalore and reference to any good dealers nearby is welcome. How much it costs approx for a set of 4 of 15inch alloy
While Aura is considered good, it really lacks good design laine-up. Comparatively NEO has more design. For every design they have 3 finishes. Not sure about Apollo. I have recently fitted NEO alloys. it is early to comment on it's durability on roads. Since it will take me another 3-4 years to reach that 50k mark. As of now I did fill a difference in driveability.

I got a Black machined Torque design. Costs around 18k including wheel balancing, aligning, fitting charges (excludes the threads).
abbhowmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 04:01   #182
BHPian

Default Neo Alloys

I have been using NEO Alloys since 2 yrs now and haven't had an issue (touchwood) and trust me they have been abused due to the bad condition of roads both within city and on the highway.

Thanks & BR,
Rajiv
rajiv.kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 12:06   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Aura has shut down. So, no Aura alloys available.

You can look at SSW alloys and Apollo Acelere.

Stamford Sport Wheels

Welcome to Apollo Tyres

If you say Lenso gets bent on Indian roads, please stay away from Plati, League, HR....
Hi Nikhil

Where in Bangalore you get SSW alloys? I looking for 15" alloy for NHC.
santhoshs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 01:47   #184
BHPian

Default Re: Best brand of Alloys in the Indian market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Where can i get to find Lenso wheels in chennai ? And can Chennai BHPians please post the list of alloy wheel dealers and its location where i can find some good collections.

I'm looking for 15x6J for i20. Budget can be stretched to 24k.

I also have a query. Chrome plated & machinised, which is more durable. I am of the opinion that Chrome plated alloys looses its shine in a few years. Is it true ?
Same query as above. Can folks share details of reliable alloy dealers in chennai? lenso,hr,konig,enkei? Thanks.
e-katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 12:56   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Same query as above. Can folks share details of reliable alloy dealers in chennai? lenso,hr,konig,enkei? Thanks.
This thread has some usefull info about alloy and tyre dealers in chennai.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2358109 (Best Price and Place for alloys and Tyres in Chennai.)
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 13:23   #186
BHPian

I had done scouting in Kochi for 14" alloys on my new Figo.

MOMO-
Very expensive & very high quality. You can feel the low weight of the wheel by holding in your hand. 30+K

Lenso -
Priced 2-4K above other brands. the finish is exceptional. Very different choices like brown with red metallic tip were available. My Choice. 16K approx.

HR -
Looks of similar quality as Lenso once fitted but white alloys tend to accumulate the colour of dirt in the long run (as experienced in my friend's Swift) 15K approx

Plati -
The surface quality is below Lenso & HR. But having (ab)used it in my M800, i can vouch for the sturdiness. 13.5K approx

Neo Wheels-
The most attarctive part is the pricing. Looks decent once fitted on the car, but close examination reveals uneven finish. 12.5K approx

Other brands -
I came across many other brands including fake "Borbets" made in China. Opted to stay away although price was attractive.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:30   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post

MOMO-
Very expensive & very high quality. You can feel the low weight of the wheel by holding in your hand. 30+K

Lenso -
Priced 2-4K above other brands. the finish is exceptional. Very different choices like brown with red metallic tip were available. My Choice. 16K approx.

HR -
Looks of similar quality as Lenso once fitted but white alloys tend to accumulate the colour of dirt in the long run (as experienced in my friend's Swift) 15K approx

Plati -
The surface quality is below Lenso & HR. But having (ab)used it in my M800, i can vouch for the sturdiness. 13.5K approx

Neo Wheels-
The most attarctive part is the pricing. Looks decent once fitted on the car, but close examination reveals uneven finish. 12.5K approx

Other brands -
I came across many other brands including fake "Borbets" made in China. Opted to stay away although price was attractive.
and what about OZ's dude? how could you forget the OZ's they are some great designs in OZ.
msupercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:42   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
and what about OZ's dude? how could you forget the OZ's they are some great designs in OZ.
Never seen any in Kochi (on display)

OT: Last year while in Coimbatore saw a BBS alloy wheel at Sri Vari Aligners. Mahesh (Owner) told it costs 30K for 1 piece. That is the best & most expensive alloys i have seen in my life.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 21:07   #189
BHPian

Guys, Anyone can let me know the price of Plati alloys in your area? I asked for HR alloys in cochin and they quoted 25k for a set of 4. When i asked my local supplier here, he quoted 12.5k for a set of 4 for Plati , Now i am kind of confused... Will it be a original one...
Mt.olympus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 21:54   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.olympus View Post
Guys, Anyone can let me know the price of Plati alloys in your area? I asked for HR alloys in cochin and they quoted 25k for a set of 4. When i asked my local supplier here, he quoted 12.5k for a set of 4 for Plati , Now i am kind of confused... Will it be a original one...
Get in touch with HR Importers directly - Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi. Cheap Alloy Wheels,Car Alloy Wheels,Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India

Call up Gautam there and give TBHP reference.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 01:17   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a one stop-shop for this in Cochin or did you have to roam around multiple shops? Could you point out shops and locations please?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 10:07   #192
BHPian

@swiftnfurious

1) New Bharath PitStop on NH bye pass LHS frm Edappally to Vytilla.

2) Global Tyres on LHS towards Kaloor after Mamangalam accessory shops. They have a bigger outlet on NH byepass somewhere between Vytilla & Palarivattom.

3) Tyrex has many brands but mostly unknown chinese or expensive MOMOs.

4) Neo wheels sell retail in Kochi only through Carnation. But they have a stockist in Elamakkara (9895703807) The godown is so hard to find that i am unable to explain. You can call up this guy after entering Deshabimani road/the road that turns left from Modern bread factory. very very VFM.

Other alloy dealers like DBS, CarPalace etc does not have much stock.

Hope this helps.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 23:42   #193
BHPian

Can anyone tell me someone who stocks most variety of alloy wheels and can ship it to kerala? tried Cheap Alloy Wheels,Car Alloy Wheels,Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India , they dont have the stock of the model i wanted. ie HR-155 , the model with more number of spokes.Any other good supplier who can give me genuine pricing too... My local vendor has Plati which he is retailing for 12.5k, but only problem is he doesn't have the models i wanted.
Mt.olympus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 00:15   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
Quote:
Never seen any in Kochi (on display)

OT: Last year while in Coimbatore saw a BBS alloy wheel at Sri Vari Aligners. Mahesh (Owner) told it costs 30K for 1 piece. That is the best & most expensive alloys i have seen in my life.
O.Z are expensive and start at 25k or so, for just one wheel. However, the quality is unmatched. They are motorsport-derived, so they're bound to be exceptional.

Same goes for BBS wheels.

If you think 30k for one wheel is expensive, well, BBS make a wheel they call the FI and that costs over a lakh a piece! Even the BBS LMs and LM-Rs cost more than a lakh a piece. Quite expensive for wheels, but worth the money, if you ask me.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 09:02   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
O.Z are expensive and start at 25k or so, for just one wheel. However, the quality is unmatched. They are motorsport-derived, so they're bound to be exceptional.

Same goes for BBS wheels.

If you think 30k for one wheel is expensive, well, BBS make a wheel they call the FI and that costs over a lakh a piece! Even the BBS LMs and LM-Rs cost more than a lakh a piece. Quite expensive for wheels, but worth the money, if you ask me.
approx 12 months financial planning would be required for me to buy them

But by then the alloys would actually cost more than my Figo's market value.

Do they make it in 14"

I will have to enter politics soon or try to learn Yoga. Hmmm!

I had seen a BBS brochure with Mahesh which says about a wheel with air cavity inside the spokes (inspired from skeletal bones?) I guess it will be the same you mentioned.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th June 2011 at 18:36. Reason: Removed extra smiley. Please limit to 2 per post.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote