Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th October 2008, 02:53   #121
BHPian

You may also check the brand "Konig". Pretty expensive though. 24K set of 4 for 15" inch. You can check that in Auto Fusion or Car Fancy, both at Koramangala,Blore and the same guys owns it!
adi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 08:28   #122
BHPian

May I add Rays to the bunch. Its sure one of the finest brands in the world with all mugen,nismo,trd,ralliart wheels coming from its foundry. It is the supplier of willaims formula one wheels. Most of the sports cars wheels are factory fitted with rays wheels and brembo brakes.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 17:59   #123
Senior - BHPian

They're frightfully expensive here in India though.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 18:35   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
They're frightfully expensive here in India though.
I enquired abt some rays wheels, they are identical to prices of OZ or BBS. I think every where in the world is the same story.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 16:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi guys,
I went through this entire thread but still couldnt get a proper idea of the deal with quality when it comes to Plati rims. Most of the people I know get only Prestigue and swear by them. However, I like the designs on the Plati range and somehow they suit me economically better.
But Im still a little edgy on buying them, since well, people I know say they arent that great. Any opinions/advice?
I've been using Platis for over an year now. No issues yet apart from minor scraches, that too when i accidently bumped the footpath . i find the quality of these alloys good.
zerocritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:49   #126
BHPian

^ x2. No problems with so far.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 08:00   #127

I went to Alloy wheel dealer Konark in JP Nagar 3rd phase, East End main road, BLR to check on the Plati wheels for my Chevy Spark 1.0 LT. He is prepared to give me set of 5 13" (5 J) for 15,700. I would spend another 600 for fitting and wheel balancing as he doesn't do it. He quoted 18,500 for Aura wheels. I always thought Aura was cheaper. Please let me know if this deal is ok or not.
srini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 11:55   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini87 View Post
I went to Alloy wheel dealer Konark in JP Nagar 3rd phase, East End main road, BLR to check on the Plati wheels for my Chevy Spark 1.0 LT. He is prepared to give me set of 5 13" (5 J) for 15,700. I would spend another 600 for fitting and wheel balancing as he doesn't do it. He quoted 18,500 for Aura wheels. I always thought Aura was cheaper. Please let me know if this deal is ok or not.
the ones offered to you ,are they chrome? usually plati 13" should cost anywhere between 12k to 13.5 k for a set of 5.. atleast in hyd that's the range for non chrome!

now a days the alloy wheel market is so dominated by players from taiwan like plati ,that ppl dont wanna put in the extra money to buy aura's ...

negotiate with your dealer ,u shld get plati's @ the price i mentioned above...
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 01:07   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini87 View Post
Hi Srini,

15K for Plati seems a little expensive to me, as Rajesh Rawal mentioned Plati is available in the range of 12-14K. Please do check with other shops in Bangalore (Check the thread accessory shops in Bangalore for options).

Indian brands like Aura and Neo are a touch expensive however the advantage is that you can always buy a single piece from them if you did get a lemon (bad/damaged piece).

I personally use Neo and paid about 15K for a set of 5.

Cheers!
Rajiv
rajiv.kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 00:05   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

now a days the alloy wheel market is so dominated by players from taiwan like plati ,that ppl dont wanna put in the extra money to buy aura's ...
Adding to that, they seem to have more varieties with attractive designs than our local ones.
livealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:02   #131
BHPian

Default Are Advanti wheels any good?

I got a quote of 18k for a set of 5 (14" for Ikon) Advanti wheels from a reputed dealer here in bangalore. (The dealer is very popular in TBHP and hence don't want to name him) What is your opinion of this brand and is the price quoted OK?

The dealer was telling me that the brand Advanti is supposedly very good but not popular as it is a new entrant in the Indian market. Even asked me to check in the forum before I decide
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

IIRC Advanti is a sub-brand of Enkei, if yes then it's good. I'm not 100% sure on this though, ask Ricky what rims he has on his Skoda, I think they are the same ones.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:59   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
IIRC Advanti is a sub-brand of Enkei, if yes then it's good. I'm not 100% sure on this though, ask Ricky what rims he has on his Skoda, I think they are the same ones.
You are right, Ricky has Advanti Enkeis https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/733145-post424.html
What do you say about the price? 18k is alright?
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:11   #134
Senior - BHPian

Personally Like Lensos the best.
Love the designs and the finish.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Even I love the Lenso designs.

Any idea about availability of Lenso Samurais in Chennai ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote