Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread

Old 13th March 2007, 17:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Correct tyre pressure

Hi

Having read thru the "Car Bibles" (The Car Maintenance Bibles), I realize the importance of correct tyre pressure... Any suggestions or comments on Correct Tyre Pressure for Skoda Octavia / Hyundai VIVA CRDi / Lancer would be welcome. Riding on stock tyres (195/60/15) on Skoda, 195/60/14 on the VIVA & 205/55/15 on the Lancer.

It seems like there is a huge impact on tyre wear, mileage achieved, handling etc. solely because of tyre pressure. Any comments
Old 13th March 2007, 19:27   #2
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Any suggestions or comments on Correct Tyre Pressure for Skoda Octavia / Hyundai VIVA CRDi / Lancer would be welcome. Riding on stock tyres (195/60/15) on Skoda, 195/60/14 on the VIVA & 205/55/15 on the Lancer.
Since these are stock tyres on stock wheels, the manufacturer's recommendation would be the safest option, at least for normal city driving.
Quote:
It seems like there is a huge impact on tyre wear, mileage achieved, handling etc. solely because of tyre pressure. Any comments
Yes, and paradoxically, tyre pressures and tyre maintenance (inspection, rotation, alignment, balancing) are amongst the most neglected by the average non-professional driver.
Old 13th March 2007, 20:11   #3
BHPian

but does the tyre pressure vary if you upsize the tyres...cos generally it varies from car to car...(lighter vehicles like muruthi 800 got less tyre pressure)am i right... correct me if am wrong
Old 13th March 2007, 20:37   #4
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan View Post
but does the tyre pressure vary if you upsize the tyres...cos generally it varies from car to car...
If you upsize tyres the tyre pressures also should be changed. In general if you upsize to lower profile tyres the pressures should be suitably increased. Upon re-reading the original post, my answer applies only to the Skoda running on stock tyres. The other two cars are running on upsized tyres and I am not sure of what pressures are suitable for the given tyres.
Old 14th March 2007, 11:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ricky_63,

SEVERAL discussions about tyre pressure exist.

Just do an advanced search in the "tyre and alloy" section, for the word "pressure" in the titles.

You can continue your discussion in one of those thread, or better yet, find a suitable thread and then PM a mod asking him to merge this thread with that one.

Thread closed.
cya
R
Closed Thread