Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 15th March 2007, 13:54   #1
BHPian

Smile tyre upsize for city zx vtec

Hi All,

Taking the delivery of city vtec this saturday. Wanna upsize the tyres straight away to get maximum out of the exchange.

Please suggest a good dealer in delhi. I talked at one place in karol bagh and they are offering 2100 per tyre.

Also suggest what would be a good option for upsize.....

I'm keen on 195/60 R14 on stock alloys.... considering Yokos AVS ES 100.... ( and whats the concept of stepney since they are unidirectional tyres )
or bridgestone potenzas.Let me know the thread pattern code which are good in bridgestone...

Lemme know your opinion.

Regards,
Naman
naman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 14:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post

Please suggest a good dealer in delhi. I talked at one place in karol bagh and they are offering 2100 per tyre.
Thats a good price offered .....

Quote:
I'm keen on 195/60 R14 on stock alloys.... considering Yokos AVS ES 100.... ( and whats the concept of stepney since they are unidirectional tyres )
or bridgestone potenzas.Let me know the thread pattern code which are good in bridgestone...
195/60-14 is a good upsize for NHC ......
Have u enquired about availability of Yokos in Delhi...?
Other tyres u can consider are Michelin Energy XM1 or Potenza GIII....Both are very good tyres....

If u are getting unidirectional ES100 or GIII get 4 tyres n leave the stepney as it is or get a non unidirectional tyre of 195/60-14 for stepney
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 14:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

195/60-14 is also available in the turanza ER-60. Consider these only if comfort is your priority.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 11:47   #4
BHPian

Default tyre upgraded

Hi,Thanks for the replies ....Got Yokos ES 100 195/60 R14 for my city vtec. Enjoying my drive since then..... Just one word describes them,..... AWESOMMMMMME !!!!!C ya Naman
Old 19th March 2007, 16:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,Thanks for the replies ....Got Yokos ES 100 195/60 R14 for my city vtec. Enjoying my drive since then..... Just one word describes them,..... AWESOMMMMMME !!!!!C ya Naman
congrats man.. more bhpians are giving a green flag for yoko's now.
how much did you pay for those ES 100. What is the significant result with the tyre change(in your personal view).
higautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 19:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Naman!

Congrats on your city VTEC (is it NHC?) tyres upgrade to Yokos ES 100..could you pls tell me what difference you paid/tyre & from where you got it done in Delhi? I am also looking at upgrading tyres in my NHC which is on stock tyres. Is there a marked difference in the performance that you can make out after the upgrade..

Appreciate if you can PM me with the details.

Thanks
Ash
AshOnTheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 10:22   #7
BHPian

hi,

yes it is the nhc vtec.

i had bridgestones as the stock so i paid 2500 /- bucks exchange price. I got 4 yoko's es 100 and a non unidirec Dunlop tyre for the stepney. Size 195/60 R14 .... PM me for the dealer in karol bagh !!!

and as far as the major differences felt .... the car was rock steady at high speeds. I didn't drive it for long at high speeds but touched 150 for a minute.... There was no constant steering needed to keep the car in straight line ... as posted by many in the forum. I hope the handling will further improve as the tyres run in and settle down.

and for all of u in delhi who are familiar with the shooting range road between delhi and faridabad.... the car felt pretty nice during cornering.... and i had no probs,,, driving at around 80 ....

Currently, i'm maintaining 30 psi ... suggest if i should change them....

also one more thing and this is urgent.... i read about the red line on the tyre on car bible..... but the dealer said there is nothing like run out....

To get the rotation direction correct the red line was inside on the right and outside on the left tyre.... and going by the car bible in this scenario.. car should pull towards left... but i didn;t notice any such tendency.... please clear me on this issue,....

thanks,
naman
Old 20th March 2007, 12:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
To get the rotation direction correct the red line was inside on the right and outside on the left tyre.... and going by the car bible in this scenario.. car should pull towards left... but i didn;t notice any such tendency.... please clear me on this issue,....
Tyre runout definitely exists, the lines either need to be on the inside on all tyres or the outside for all tyres. It's possible to balance it out with alignment, but would not be very efficient in terms of tyre wear, FE and performance.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 16:58   #9
BHPian

Default thanks

thanks for the info... i talked to my dealer... I'll get it changed asap...

naman
Old 25th August 2007, 18:51   #10
BHPian

Can some one help me with a dealer in Mumbai??
amitk2kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 21:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Can some one help me with a dealer in Mumbai??
Contact YIL's Mumbai Representative, Mr. Arun Zariwal at 9820797692 for dealers in Mumbai.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote