Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 10th April 2007, 17:19   #1
BHPian

Default Scorpio Forum

I am quite surprised to see that there are only few threads related to a Mahindra Scorpio. Of course not forgetting the discussions and pics on tyres and wheels section and others too but even the replies for a query is limited to 2 or 3. Is it because we have very few Scorpio Fans or am I missing something, being a newbie? Suggest to have a Vehicle based search of threads & members.

I drive a 2005 Jan Scorpio and did almost 45k Kms . I changed my stock 15” steel wheels for a set of 15” league alloys with a width of 8” without changing the stock Bridgestone rubber. This actually increased the macho image of my white scorpio, but I faced two issues along with this. 1. My tyres are touching the mud flap bolt during sharp turns or dips. 2. Its hard to balance the tyres due to the non availability of cons which suits these broader wheels. (Pitstop is the only one in kochi). I am living with it for the past 1 year as I don’t want to change the looks of the car.

Can somebody share their experiences too? I am planning to change the wheels along with the tyres as it is ready to meet the end of the road, and can I upgrade to a 16” wheel with a new set of tyres with out affecting the suspension? Is there any difference between the new and old suspensions and what would be the ideal tyre size? Looking forward to meet all scorpio fans and your suggestions.

Note from the Support Staff: Please do not use text formatting tags. Our website doesn't support them. Copy-Pasting from a word processor is not a good option.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 22:34   #2
BANNED

hiii bro even i have alloys in my scorpio i dont have any prob with the wheel touching any where. i think in your case the shop fellow forgot to push the front mudguard a bit back words.
In my case he modified the front mudguards by pushing the front mudguards a bit back so no prob till now... i even upgraded to hankook broad tyers.....and i love scorpio....
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:39   #3
BHPian

Thanks zenopio. but its hard to find a scorpio fan in TBHP (i feel)
Old 26th August 2007, 08:23   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
I am quite surprised to see that there are only few threads related to a Mahindra Scorpio. Of course not forgetting the discussions and pics on tyres and wheels section and others too but even the replies for a query is limited to 2 or 3. Is it because we have very few Scorpio Fans or am I missing something, being a newbie? Suggest to have a Vehicle based search of threads & members.

I drive a 2005 Jan Scorpio and did almost 45k Kms . I changed my stock 15” steel wheels for a set of 15” league alloys with a width of 8” without changing the stock Bridgestone rubber. This actually increased the macho image of my white scorpio, but I faced two issues along with this. 1. My tyres are touching the mud flap bolt during sharp turns or dips. 2. Its hard to balance the tyres due to the non availability of cons which suits these broader wheels. (Pitstop is the only one in kochi). I am living with it for the past 1 year as I don’t want to change the looks of the car.

Can somebody share their experiences too? I am planning to change the wheels along with the tyres as it is ready to meet the end of the road, and can I upgrade to a 16” wheel with a new set of tyres with out affecting the suspension? Is there any difference between the new and old suspensions and what would be the ideal tyre size? Looking forward to meet all scorpio fans and your suggestions.

Note from the Support Staff: Please do not use text formatting tags. Our website doesn't support them. Copy-Pasting from a word processor is not a good option.

I think you can safely upgrade to 16" without any worries, but regarding selection of tyres, I would say, you go for lower profile to deal with the 1" increase in rim dia. Also a low profile 16" will give your scorpio a kool look too. I have my safari fitted with low profiles, but on 15"s. The only con I find is, I have to be carefull encountering dips and bumps.( I have underbody neons and I donot want to take no chances, WHATSOEVER) hehehehe When you change your 15"s what do you plan to do with the rims?? PM me if you wanna sell em, coz I want em.
bobby.fdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 12:39   #5
BHPian

Scorpio can easily be upgraded to 16" 255/65 R16 on 7"~9" rim.
Scorpio on 235/75 R15 should have been on 6"~7" , 8" will not give best best performance.
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 15:28   #6
BHPian

thnx guys.

@bobby: My tyre may run for 10k more kms. i will certainly let you know when i change it.