Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 26th April 2007, 16:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too bought one brand new stock tyre from Anil few months before for Rs.1250/- .
We're talking half this price.
If Electra says the tyres are ok for use, go ahead and get them. Dont pay more than 2k for the entire set.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
the tires have no crasks no hardening nothing maybe and experienced tire guy can comment on this
I'm not an expert. But you can take expert advice from our very own Iraghava based at delhi!!
Who has seen ones body organs[heart,lungs,kidneys etc. etc.] anyway? Superficially I look 10 years younger!!
the tires have seen 6 Delhi dry summers too and have 15% tread left!!
dont go over 40 and never on the highway till u change them,
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I'm not an expert. But you can take expert advice from our very own Iraghava based at delhi!!
Who has seen ones body organs[heart,lungs,kidneys etc. etc.] anyway? Superficially I look 10 years younger!!
the tires have seen 6 Delhi dry summers too and have 15% tread left!!
dont go over 40 and never on the highway till u change them,

did i say 15% tread left .. . lol my bad i think they are in very good condition ... i cant say what % tread is left
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the tires have no crasks no hardening nothing maybe and experienced tire guy can comment on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
You need to Replace them ASAP!! unless you do max 40kmph and only city use!! Tires and brakes are lifeline for Safety
I would also agree with Scooby here, you should change the tyres asap. Problem is that a tyre might not show effects of disintegration on the surface but after going through the weather changes in atmospheric conditions (heating, then cooling, then heating again etc.) they do become hard & unyielding.

When this happens there is a very high risk that if you take the car for a drive and sustain high speeds, the tyre might fail & result in a blowout. And I think we all know what happens when a high-speed blowout happens.

IMHO it's not worth saving a bit of money on replacing old tyres, after all as Scooby said they are your lifeline & of course your only patch of contact with the road!

PS: WCIB - I wouldn't doubt Scooby at all, he's about as experienced as they come. He has WAY more experience in these things than most of us!

Last edited by iraghava : 26th April 2007 at 17:50.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would also agree with Scooby here, you should change the tyres asap. Problem is that a tyre might not show effects of disintegration on the surface but after going through the weather changes in atmospheric conditions (heating, then cooling, then heating again etc.) they do become hard & unyielding.

When this happens there is a very high risk that if you take the car for a drive and sustain high speeds, the tyre might fail & result in a blowout. And I think we all know what happens when a high-speed blowout happens.

IMHO it's not worth saving a bit of money on replacing old tyres, after all as Scooby said they are your lifeline & of course your only patch of contact with the road!

PS: WCIB - I wouldn't doubt Scooby at all, he's about as experienced as they come. He has WAY more experience in these things than most of us!
didnt know that abt scooby .....
dant this 6 yr old car is taking it out of me but i still love it ... cant let irt go more over it will get me under 2 L if i sell it
IR i'll give you a call tmr and we can meetup for the stickers and your eyes can have a look at them tires
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 18:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IR i'll give you a call tmr and we can meetup for the stickers and your eyes can have a look at them tires
No problem call me any time after 5pm, we'll meet up.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote