Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 01:38   #46
elf
BANNED
 
elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I prefer the H-125s to the H-129s.

Or you could go in for the Leagues if you like. I believe they're more easily available. Ask Ishan. Maybe he has a 'friend' who has some designs in stock.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 02:14   #47
BHPian
 
gamerno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Andheri (w), Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey harmon~
i got 205/50 R-15s on my SFXi. never experienced any problems. Ride quality has gone down somewhat, but handling/grip has greatly improved.
Check out my garage or http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2583404
gamerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 12:48   #48
elf
BANNED
 
elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Just for my knowlege, why would the wheel well clearance differ from an SFXi & a 'lesser' (say GLXi) variant? The SFXi only has cosmetic mods, not a factory lowered suspension system.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 12:54   #49
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

Elf your right no difference at all. Kpzen was just thinking that since the OE tyres are different so he was trying to maintain the same OD.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 17:45   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
Guys,

What do you guys think of this design?

http://hijoin.myweb.hinet.net/WELCOM...-123/H-125.jpg

Hi Harmon

My take on this.......the 125 (solid spoke) easier to clean than 129 (twin spoke design), the design gamerno1 has suggested looks good (more filled up) as the # 125 may look a little sparse........your call. It's best to have the 2 or 3 shortlisted designs placed against the car with tyres mounted on them & then deciede..

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 7th May 2007 at 17:51.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 18:20   #51
elf
BANNED
 
elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Ricky's right. A solid spoke design would always be easier to clean & keep good looking, than something more intricate with various nooks & crannies that look good in the showroom, but end up looking crappy after 10 days on the road.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 23:36   #52
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Ricky's right. A solid spoke design would always be easier to clean & keep good looking, than something more intricate with various nooks & crannies that look good in the showroom, but end up looking crappy after 10 days on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hi Harmon

My take on this.......the 125 (solid spoke) easier to clean than 129 (twin spoke design), the design gamerno1 has suggested looks good (more filled up) as the # 125 may look a little sparse........your call. It's best to have the 2 or 3 shortlisted designs placed against the car with tyres mounted on them & then deciede..

Cheers
Thanks Elf and Ricky. I shall check out the H125. But guys what do you guys think of the Plati rims on the Civic?
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 23:51   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
But guys what do you guys think of the Plati rims on the Civic?
Have u checked out the following abt those Plati rims

1. Are they available in 15"..?? I think that rim design starts from 17"

2. Is it available for Lancer PCD n 4 bolts pattern??
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 00:14   #54
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Have u checked out the following abt those Plati rims

1. Are they available in 15"..?? I think that rim design starts from 17"

2. Is it available for Lancer PCD n 4 bolts pattern??
Yep its available in 15" there is stock with the local vendor here for the lancer. What is your opinion? you like it?
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 02:01   #55
elf
BANNED
 
elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
... what do you guys think of the Plati rims on the Civic? ...
I presume you're talking about the M6 replica rims (the only pics available on that thread). Nice, but try to get them in all silver if possible. Also don't know how the proportions would work out on a 15" wheel.

The general rule of thumb is that the larger the wheel, the better a design looks on it.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 08:06   #56
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
I presume you're talking about the M6 replica rims (the only pics available on that thread). Nice, but try to get them in all silver if possible. Also don't know how the proportions would work out on a 15" wheel.

The general rule of thumb is that the larger the wheel, the better a design looks on it.
Well! I need to try one with the tires on the car and then decide. Am also looking at NX from Lenso. Tell me what you think of that that.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 12:06   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
I presume you're talking about the M6 replica rims (the only pics available on that thread). Nice, but try to get them in all silver if possible. Also don't know how the proportions would work out on a 15" wheel.

The general rule of thumb is that the larger the wheel, the better a design looks on it.
Correct Elf, had seen the M6 replica rims in 15" and they don't look too impressive in that size. 17" is better but I guess Harmon will have to decide how they look on his car.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 13:13   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Correct Elf, had seen the M6 replica rims in 15" and they don't look too impressive in that size. 17" is better but I guess Harmon will have to decide how they look on his car.
M6 Rims are out, i tyre dealer has confirmed the same

Why dont you look at black finished alloys, since yours is a black car, it will suit you more or even white alloys will look awesome on a black car.

OT From another thread.

Quote:
What Michelin's did you get? Energy?
Are you sure irags that your not a tyre dealer??
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 13:18   #59
BHPian
 
streetsdisciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 76
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

go for the m6 replica rims they look good.!
streetsdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 15:29   #60
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

now that you guys mentioned... white.

How are the lenso GC2. and can you guys please share photos of hyper black or other black finish rims.

Thanks,
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing Tyres 195/60 R15 With 215/75 R15 in Ford Fusion singhisking Modifications & Accessories 14 11th January 2016 22:23
Tyre Recommendation for Sonata Embera (215/60R16) BK2008 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 16 21st May 2014 00:56
Suzuki to spend $215 million on new India factory anmol2k4 The Indian Car Scene 0 6th September 2009 16:28
215/40 R19 for SX4 nicolsson Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 3 23rd March 2008 16:25
215 60 R14 on OHC type2 Ford Rocam Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 0 28th March 2006 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks